ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Engineers

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Tatantra is on a distinguished road
Default Engineer/Meister Info

I have a similar thread in ogplanet forum but since people are most likely not going to answer there, I'll ask here too:

Hello all, I am an old OGP player, currently playing Aeria Latale (due to lag issue here).
I have a lvl 100+ gunslinger, but in 2 weeks Steel City patch will come and I'll be playing a engineer/meister as my main.
I sometimes log on OGP just to check how are things progressing there. I used to see many engineers/meisters around, but nowadays it is rare to see even one meister/engineer around. (btw I usually hang at Elias ch1 so I dont know if this is the reason to not see them).

I'm excited to play my engineer/meister, but so far I have only seen youtube/niconico videos.
Here are some questions I'd like to ask:

1. Is there a reason why there's seem to be not much meisters around (even in top 100 I only see one meister) I know they came later than most classes, but anyone mind to clarify is meister good in PvE?

2. How come I see everyone saying that meisters are good at pvp (some even say that they are OP), but so far at all youtube/niconico videos they seem to get owned badly. (I know I shouldnt be judging from the videos, but please tell me what makes them good in PvP?).

3. How is the grind for engineers (1-80) compared to other classes? Generally it is faster? slower?

4. How is the grind for meisters (80->) compared to other classes? Faster? Slower? Easier? Harder? How about after 130?

5. Finally I see many gunslingers around (most played class). I know they are easy to play and such but they seem to die pretty easy. So the last question is Meisters vs Gunslingers, please tell me the pros at cons at PvE only. (I know theres a thread like this somewhere, but Id like to include this one too).

TL;DR
If you decided not to read any of the above, please tell me some information about engineers/meisters in PvE and PvP. What are you experiences playing one and if you can, please compare it to other classes (preferably gunslingers).

Long text, but I hope for some answers, thank you ^^

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

1. Is there a reason why there's seem to be not much meisters around (even in top 100 I only see one meister) I know they came later than most classes, but anyone mind to clarify is meister good in PvE?

Meisters are basically bladers with a longer reach and deadlier comboes. So if you lag, comboing/staying alive will be harder. Meisters are also "different" and some just don't dig the MG look. They are also annoying to level up since they only have 4 main attacks as engineers. Their meister moves have long cool downs, as well.

2. How come I see everyone saying that meisters are good at pvp (some even say that they are OP), but so far at all youtube/niconico videos they seem to get owned badly. (I know I shouldnt be judging from the videos, but please tell me what makes them good in PvP?).

Latency plays a big role in being a good... Well, anything. Meisters have not been nerfed and they can use the over-powere push turrets/fire turrets to deal damage. They don't need skills like uppercut because they can scare guarders away with a constant 200-300 damage every second. Their comboes always flinch unless the target has godly stamina/defense in PVP. Their comboes also stunlock and deal crazy damage.

3. How is the grind for engineers (1-80) compared to other classes? Generally it is faster? slower?

Engineers can level fast in instances thanks to turrets. So if you got a party and spam turrets, you'll do fine.

4. How is the grind for meisters (80->) compared to other classes? Faster? Slower? Easier? Harder? How about after 130?

Faster and easier. They don't get knocked down, for the most part. Their comboes also flinch and have a ridicuclous hit box. Their long distanced attacks hit hard too, so there's that.

5. Finally I see many gunslingers around (most played class). I know they are easy to play and such but they seem to die pretty easy. So the last question is Meisters vs Gunslingers, please tell me the pros at cons at PvE only. (I know theres a thread like this somewhere, but Id like to include this one too).QUOTE]

Gunslingers are for those who wish to be lazy and spam a few moves/have high dpm. They are pretty easy to use in PVP and PVE.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 12-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.

12-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Thank you for info Phenyl, I'd like to ask some more questions:
Let's say look and latency is not a problem for me (money is not a problem too), between lvl 130 gunslinger and 130 meister which one would you prefer? which one would be generally stronger? better for grinding? (pve)
Also which class (gs vs meister) have more DPS? (damage per second) aka kill monsters faster?
Thanks for answer ^^

12-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatantra
Thank you for info Phenyl, I'd like to ask some more questions:
Let's say look and latency is not a problem for me (money is not a problem too), between lvl 130 gunslinger and 130 meister which one would you prefer? which one would be generally stronger? better for grinding? (pve)
Also which class (gs vs meister) have more DPS? (damage per second) aka kill monsters faster?
Thanks for answer ^^
A level 130 gunslinger would be deadly in both PVP and PVE. However, do not confuse "deadly" with "being good" in this case. Gunslingers, as well as meisters, are considered to be the broken classes of Latale since they require very little effort and skill to play in PVP and PVE to some degree. If a GS/Meisters tells me "pushing two buttons is hard!" then they should probably go back to playing MS where "pushing one button is hard!"

HOWEVER! A meister requires some sort of effort to play, since as a meister, one cannot combo everything to death by sitting in one place. As a meister, he or she must learn mob control and when/where to use his/her attacks and turrets. After all, turrets and meister skills have a longer cool down. It's like being a slower blader, but with wind magic (their skills hit multiple times and has the same range as wind magic, if not more).

It's also easier to solo as a meister since they do not fall down unless they are using a toastermech (Goliath MG and it's recolored brotheren). In other words, you would get stunlocked out of the monsters' reach instead of falling face-flat, allowing them to catch up to you to do it all over again.

TL;DR
If you want a class where you're different, go engineer -> meister. If you want to be lazy and have enough funding to make your gear godly, make a explorer -> gunslinger.

12-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Thanks for the infos Phenyl, this really helped me.
I am going to make meister as my main character, searching for some challanges and hoping for better chances to solo. I hope meisters are as good or better than gunslingers at grinding/PvE. PvE is at my top prioriate after all.

12-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

As easy gunslinger may be, you should be aware that they're glass cannons. Their defense/hp is terrible.

12-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
As easy gunslinger may be, you should be aware that they're glass cannons. Their defense/hp is terrible.
Anyone's HP can be godly with the right gear. Take a look at my 3.4/4.1k HP-having bard. Who should also be a glass cannon, but obviously is not. Yay not dying.

But yeah, gunslingers are glass cannons if you don't get stamina ely skills/extra stamina.

12-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

I wonder if the damage you take depends on the amount of def/hp you have or only def?
If you only get damage depending on your def then the more hp you have the godlier you are.

12-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
I wonder if the damage you take depends on the amount of def/hp you have or only def?
If you only get damage depending on your def then the more hp you have the godlier you are.
The more defense you have, the less damage you take.
The more HP you have, the more damage it takes for you to get stun locked.

If you never get stunned, you never get pushed down. If you never get pushed down or stunned, you can run away and heal. OR! If you never get stunned, you can destroy your enemies quickly. Basically, the more HP you have, the godlier you are. Defense is nice too, but HP decides how fast you get owned and how many hits you can take before your character starts making cracking/squishing noises. A crap load of defense doesn't do much since it's basically 10 defense = 1 less damage.

12-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

babyxpink is on a distinguished road
Class: Sorcerer lt_sorcerer
Level: 127
Guild: Insomnia

phenyl, you mentioned hit box. what exactly is a hit box? hit box = the area within which a skill attacks? like for instance how far that skill can hit? or am i thinking wrongly here?

12-08-2009   #11 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyxpink
phenyl, you mentioned hit box. what exactly is a hit box? hit box = the area within which a skill attacks? like for instance how far that skill can hit? or am i thinking wrongly here?
You're thinking right.

[extra info]
Hit boxes are often easy to point out. For instance, whatever a magic animation covers is it's hit box... Rather, MOST of the animation is it's hit box. For physical attacks, it's a bit past the animation.

For meisters, it's ****ing ridiculous. The knight MG's hard attacks can almost hit the same as Ice Fear I's hit box. That's larger than a blader's hit box. Sure it's slower, but the fact it has a high vertical hit box is just so damn evil. Their running hard attacks also have an insane hit box and always knock back (unless you're uber godly), allowing them to combo you to death. This is why people consider Mesiters to be broken in PVP... Well... Because they are.

Their turrets and special moves also have an surprisingly large hit box and distance. Three of their attacks have the X-range of wind cutter and have the Y-range of ice fear.
[/extra info]

I still have no idea why the developers gave meisters strong comboes, huge hit boxes, non-crackable/non-trippable MGs, strong long distanced attacks AND attacking/buffing/debuffing/stunning totems. I predict a nerf coming for them sometime soon. If not, I may as well make a meister and own everyone by spamming push turrets/fire turrets.

/rage

12-10-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

i feel that newer things = will most likely be op

perhaps they made meisters op so as to calm down everyone complaining about GS.

:P

but anyway, just a few more questions (sorry to bother >_<), you said the turrets do a constant 200-300 dmg per second. but will this still flinch someone who has like 8k hp in pvp?

and what do you define as godly stamina? 10k+? :P just wanted to know for curiosity's sake.

12-10-2009   #13 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Well, not godly stamina. Godly HP. If you have about 8k HP in PVP, you will rarely get knocked back by the normal player. If you have 10k+, you're nearly invincible in regards of getting knocked back. This is why templars/guardians rarely get knocked back because they can easily get up around 10k HP or more.

Fire Turrets do not knock back, but they do cause damage every second. The damage is roughly 200-300 with the best turret and the cool down is about 8~10 seconds. The best part about these turrets is that they cause the same damage regardless of a person ducking or not, meaning you don't need uppercut as a meister - just turrets. The push turrets also acts like uppercut+counter, since it knocks the opponent away and can throw them into a corner. The hit box on it is basically the same hit box as Hail Storm I (which is pretty big). However, unlike the fire turret/other turrets, the push turret fires in the direction you were facing before planting it.

12-10-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

wow it deals the same damage even when they are ducking, now that's some serious business. but, i still find spearlords smexier although meisters are starting to look a bit more appealing. just that sprite -_-

12-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Spearlords have faster/stronger attacks.

If a spearlord gets someone into a corner, that special someone is dead. (lol airwallin+lancin') Spearlords also have a further reach.

I assume a spearlord is also easier to level up/solo things with because of their faster skills. I like meisters because they don't need a lot of keys for their skills. (A spearlord needs about 8~12)

12-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

yeah i decided to go with spearlord b/c i liked spears while leveling up a warrior. meister sounds fun but maybe some other time . though for meisters, i'd prefer shorter cooldowns for far less dmg from each skill any day!

12-12-2009   #17 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

I stopped my engineer. It got a bit dull thanks to all the buttons needed. However, the amount of buttons I need as a bard is... @_@