Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-04-2010   #21 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

@Sephiroth

You're right.

Personally though the only ''problem'' I have is that they call it Customer Appreciation when it's clearly not that...

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-05-2010   #22 (permalink)
Wen
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleElsword

Wen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really nice
IGN: Shikigami
Class: Minstrel lt_bard

Quote:
Now let's come back to LaTale, with our marvelous 'Free Astro Abusers'.
These people thought it would be LULZTEHAWESOME to reap the Free Astro System for more than it was intended, thus leading to a large loss in sales on for OGP, thus causing them to investigate. Obviously, there was a mass ban on all the frauders, and now, with so much lost money, they have nothing to do, but increase the money they pull in, and decrease the money they give away to their players.
Funny, we shouldn't have the problem anymore since people who abused free offers are banned no?

Quote:
And it's not their fault that they don't give out prizes like they did back then, in order for us to enjoy the game for ourselves, we all need to be honest and devoted to the company that provides it, why should we expect them to be generous to us when all we did was take away from them?
I'm not sure if I should laugh or facepalm at this comment due to how OGP is solely treating players like moneybags and not even bothering to fix up their games. Isn't PvP still broken? I'm not sure about some of the guild quests, but that too maybe? (Don't forget how SS5 quest came out bugged which caused them a huge work overload)

If anything, while the prizes may have decreased from former customer appreciation events (see xmas + the other one held a while ago), this event in comparison is a drastic change in 'appreciation'. Where's appreciation for people who even spend $10~30 normally a month? Zero. I can understand them for wanting sales, but, this is certainly not encouraging players who'd normally spend $10~30 a month to suddenly spend $20 more just for the lowest tier prize.

By all means, if their goal is just to be like, oh okay, you spent $50 on us this month, here, have this little gift. That's fine.
But if their goal is to get people to spend more money than usual, their advertising scheme is fail.

Next up: Jan 05 Update Review

07-06-2010   #23 (permalink)
♥☆100%!!☆♥

FerretFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFerretFanatic has a spectacular aura about
IGN: I has rabies go away
Class: Full Support Bard :B lulsAsuraGuitar+3 lt_bard
Level: 15x! YA'LL SAID I COULDN'T DO IT AND I BELIEVED ALL OF YOU
Guild: SilentStrike :U We're afk.

Sorreh seph,but seeing as how the weekly limit is $200,Like everyone else I don't see where OGP is getting their numbers that people would/have in a WEEK spent that much. Ever.
If you appreciate someone,you wouldn't give them a crappy gift.
It's like wal-mart (oh god) giving out free Lawn Chairs to everyone who spends $1k during that event period. Just not worth it.

07-07-2010   #24 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen
Funny, we shouldn't have the problem anymore since people who abused free offers are banned no?
This. I'm sick of people trotting out "We deserve to be treated like crap because some people committed fraud in the past!" Get over it folks, the fraud happened, it was dealt with, those involved were banned ~2 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen
I can understand them for wanting sales, but, this is certainly not encouraging players who'd normally spend $10~30 a month to suddenly spend $20 more just for the lowest tier prize.
OGP has a horrible, horrible track record of treating their dedicated customers like scum. Not only "customer appreciation" events like this, but things like when they closed A18 and Cabal, they gave bonuses to players who tried out one of OGP's other games for the first time as an incentive/apology for closing those games...

But if you already played all those games, you got nothing. Even though you were a much more dedicated customer of OGP (since you played all their games) they gave you nothing.

Basically, OGP's ideas of appreciation have no basis in reality. Those most loyal to them get treated like second classes citizens at best. Those players who spend a small amount every month regularly are very valuable to any company, they guarantee a steady income. But does OGP appreciate them? Apparently not.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

08-11-2010   #25 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to VirusChris
IGN: ChrisYuushi
Class: Strider lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: VirakinWarriors (Guild Master)

This is totally unfair... I went a little nuts on Astro spending during this event because of those darn Water Ballons and hit over 5500+ Astros but unfortunately I didn't get the Brownie Pet Coupon.

I contact as soon as I didn't get it. I know no one was using my account as I've changed my password and I have my Iris Stone Coupon and the below prizes plus all my other items and Ely are still there.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure I've spent over 5500+ Astros.