ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > Kirameki Guild

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-26-2011   #1 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki
Default Warning: LaTale wipe for old characters

OGP has posted this notice:

Quote:
Character Name Wipes

Donít worry though! We will be wiping old character names of characters who have not logged on for over a year. All you need to do to preserve a character name is to log back on before we do the wipe.

Players will have a month starting from May 26th in order to come back and log into the game. If youíve logged into the game on that character, the name will be saved. All other characters who do not log in during the period will lose their names.

What does this mean for other players? It means that more names will also become available again for any new characters you make!
I understand that guild presence in LaTale is completely and utterly dead and that hardly any of you pay attention to the game now, but if you have any interest in protecting your old IGNs, I suggest you at least log on briefly to save them!

I'll try to post more information as I get it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane

BUT BUT THEN I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LAFAIL AGAIN....

And tbh I think I forgot my login/password /o/

Thank you so much k0n <3

05-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody who wants to grab the names: 'Jon', 'Vith' and/or 'Serushi' feel free.

06-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Blader get??
Special

Andz will become famous soon enough
IGN: Nyooo/Confess/Banana
Class: Blader/Explorer/Gunslinger lt_blader
Level: 80/68/88
Guild: Kirameki/Kirameki/Kirameki

I think xdgr plays my account so Banana is safe I suppose?

06-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough

@Vith - I may be able to help with that. Just gotta create yet another account...

@Andz - I'm pretty sure I've seen Nyooo recently enough. I'm not sure about your other characters, though.

Anyway, a GA came online last night and provided some more information about this wipe, most/all of which you guys probably don't care about:

-The actual characters will NOT be deleted; only the IGNs are being changed.
-Buddy lists and mailboxes on affected characters will be deleted because they're tied to the old IGNs.
-You'll NOT be kicked from the guild, but it could take a few days for the guild to refresh the new names
-There will be a way for people who lost IGNs to rename their characters, probably involving OGP's helpdesk. The lost names will be first-come-first-serve, however.

06-20-2011   #6 (permalink)
VIP

The wipe is scheduled to happen this Thursday, probably during the patch that starts Wednesday night (FYI, OGP runs on Pacific Time, GMT - 7 with DST). These next few days are your last chance to save your IGN!

Update: Delayed until July 6th
Update: Delayed again. Should probably happen on July 20th now.
Update: I cannot believe this... they have delayed it again! They're suggesting it'll be during the next maintenance two weeks from now, but they seem less certain this time.

Last edited by KillerTofu; 08-04-2011 at 02:32 AM.

08-04-2011   #7 (permalink)
VIP

The name wipe has finally occurred. Anyone who had inactive accounts simply have had "_OGP" appended to the end of their name. I was originally worried that all old names would have been changed to the "Elias_Citizen_#####" format, so this wipe was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Supposedly anyone who logs on in the future and finds themselves with a changed name they don't like can ask the Helpdesk for a name change.

Also, I checked the guild and found that it was still intact, though about half the members now have "_OGP" at the end of their name.