ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > Kirameki Guild

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1
Default Anyone still playing Trickster?

A few of us who are actually still active on TO were thinking about starting up the TO branch of kmk again, but it'd be a big help to know who still plays and would be interested. Please post so if you are. ;o
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Er... kind-of, sort-of .___. Either Im on the verge of quitting, or Im just taking a break and will probably be logging every day again if I get on >_> Im not sure yet lol

モノノ怪

02-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I can has play TO?

02-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Noes you canotz

02-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane

ANCHORS DO NOT JOIN THE DARK SIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DX

Stay safe Q___Q

Thank you so much k0n <3

02-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Anchors never really.. -quit- TO though ._.

モノノ怪

02-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
Jeo
ggFTW Regular

Jeo will become famous soon enough

Good luck Anchors, I think Vith still plays.

02-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo
Good luck Anchors, I think Vith still plays.
Aye, I do. Piggy and Vannie are still playing, although I don't know for how long.

02-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Woot will become famous soon enough

Yea, just came back a few days ago and i don't think i will be leaving TO for awhile. =x

02-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

yay. Well, I'm not sure what to do now except try to get some of our active characters in the guild and try to bring in the applications?
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

02-08-2009   #11 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

I dont know what Im going to do x_x;; Im waiting for Holy Beast to enter open beta, and Im also working on a project for jTenvi .___.; So it really hasnt left me any room to log on Trickster, since my interest had been dying anyway, but I know if I DO log on, I'll probably resume regular activity again, since thats how it always happens >_> I stay off for a bit, dont ever think about getting on, then once I do, bam, Im on everyday again @_@

モノノ怪

02-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
Lucidist
Special

MuCephei has a spectacular aura aboutMuCephei has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to MuCephei
IGN: Klotho
Class: GM to_explorer
Level: 150
Guild: Cruxis | Centurio

Will never touch the game again. Srsly, too ruined.

02-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Main reason Ive stuck around so long is because Im too attached to my lion and wizard .___. If anything happened to them, thats it >_> Im gone for good. Couldnt bear to be on the game without them.

モノノ怪

02-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Can I level any slower?
Special

cowboy007 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nvidiar
Class: Scientist
Guild: Revolution

I got on to get my boxes but other than that I'm not sure where to level and saving some bucks for gear. Researching. I would like to get to 200. Current skills suck. That and I'm still doing my collections. Trying to get a 0 level soil crystal is taking way too long.

02-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineWonderKing OnlineLa TaleCarnage Blender

Sephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth
IGN: LeArc
Class: Ruin Walker lt_treasurehunter
Level: 197
Guild: Infiniti

I re-considered playing Trickster again.
But im not in Kirameki there.
Nor' am I on the Jewelia server.
So as much as I would like to assist here.
Sorry D=

On a side note.
The thing that led me to leave TO was this...
Aleister gave the truth.
This was what was posted upon his facebook.
And while this all was known by the TO community. The severity had me...in awe.
----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding some recent contacts and emails (skip ahead as your personal interest level dictates):

I am still getting the occasional email from players for Trickster and Grand Chase. I often said that I couldn't exactly go into detail about what my responsibilites for the company actually were while I was with them, and frankly, I don't think that the way the company has ultimately shaped up is anything particularly worth wasting breath (or typing) on. I haven't been with them since Aug 2008. It's probably best put that the original vision for the company and what it could become and do (held by myself as well as my original professional partner, Sean, and in theory, the other founders) simply did not come to pass. Sean left earlier on, I think he saw the writing on the wall and had much better foresight than I did. I had some great experiences there, and have a lot of respect for a host of the people that I met through the company, some of whom are likely still working there... while others, meh, not so much. But, respect is earned, that's what makes it valuable.

I think that I kept it pretty simple, straight-forward and professional when I wrote up the last commentary for Megalo Life, when it was cancelled out of nowhere (still never got a reason for that... so I'm sorry if you're wondering too, I don't have the answer). But I also know that I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to at the time. Frankly, now, more time has passed and I'm really not as interested in voicing my angered opinions about what actually happened, anymore than I'm wanting to go too much into what we did for the company, what our vision was and how somewhere along the way, the direction was completely lost and misguided.

Although, in response to some of the emails that I seem to still be getting (please, really, I don't use Myspace... honest - but you can always reach me through my email [gilgrimATgmailDOTcom], NR, LJ and I guess now Twitter and Facebook) I would like to make the following statement to help clarify things:

"Yes, I worked for NtreevUSA, yes I did a lot more for them besides make webcomics, tutorials and other visual stuff. No, I'm not going to go into everything that I used to do, but since we started as a very small operation, I think it's fair to let it be known that those of use who first came on board, really had to do a bit of everything, and a lot of most things needed to make an online publisher work, grow and improve in not only its products but its services.

Yes, when we started it was a very different place, with different faces, different goals and a different atmosphere. And yes, somewhere along the way, that all seemed to rapidly change, until it had morphed into something that was completely irrecognizable. I was not the first to leave the company, I'm sure that (as with most companies in the big wide world) I will not be the last (and I know that I wasn't).

No, I don't really know who's responsible for many of the changes that seem to have altered the company's direction for the worse, and frankly, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to wade through the immense amount of bullshit it would take to sift out an answer. Believe me, I tried, and so did others at the time we first saw the horrible mutation happening.

No, I don't maintain any connection to the company professionally, or its products, and would like my only sustained connection to the place to be the obvious contributions that I made (mainly the visual stuff). And no, I'm really not interested in sullying my soul with further professional contact with the company, not that the offer is going to come by anytime soon.

So, with the above, it is highly improbable that I will in any way be returning to producing online, visual, or other content for the company NtreevUSA, its products/games or services in the near future, or really ever. At this point, I don't think the company could afford my rates anyway. But yes, it does sadden me to no longer have that special type of interaction with the very generous, loving and supportive community of players that were involved with TOR and GC. I do miss you all, and I am very glad for the brief opportunity that I had to share that unique experience with you. Thank you very much, TOR and GC communities for the kind words, and emails that I still receive even now, a full year after the final Megalo Life, and some time after I had noticeably left the company and its interests.

Lastly, no, I don't play their games anymore, no I haven't for quite some time. No I really don't have any loyalty to what the company has become, or have a great deal of professional faith in the leadership that allowed the illconceived redirecting of its ultimate course to occur. I actually was able to fulfill my original promise to one of the founders when I came on board, and to achieve everything that I had agreed to do before the split. Ultimately, I am still saddened that we just weren't able to reach the goals that we could have. Opportunity is a rare thing, and I think it is the squandering of that precious, and rare thing that really stabs at me. In the end, I think it will be that squandered, special and now lost thing that I will not ever be able to really let go of.

So, am I saddened by the company, and my departing from it? Yes, in a way. I am saddened by the end of the interaction with the players and certain employees, but mostly I am saddened by what could have been, was possible, but now, cannot be realized. I know that in the beginning, we had a lot of lofty ideas, ideals, and goals for our journey in this new field... somewhere along the way, that seemed to be forgotten. And so that chapter finally ends. NtreevUSA you chose your path, you chose what was most valuable to you. I would wish you luck, but I reserve those sentiments for those who deserve them."

I know that I've posted off and on about Ntreev quite a bit during 2008 (and even before). It was a very crucial and important part of my life. I think that I lost sight myself, of what was really important, and I certainly have some blame to share for allowing the company, and its gummed-up inner workings, to disuade me from focusing on what's right, what's important and what I really do care about. That, is my fault.

But now, we have a new year ahead of us, new adventures and I think it's time to wrap this small chapter of my professional life in its little box and catalogue with the rest of the experiences, opportunities and other weird/unique shite I've been weirdly fortunate-enough to be involved in or with. As 2008 has now come to a close, I think it's a good time to put away the last damaging thing that went with it.

Goodbye 2008
NGreed
Goodbye Greed & Disillusionment

Goodbye NtreevUSA, GC, TOR, Megalo Life and everything else related to it. Goodbye to ranting about you, or letting you anger me so.

Maybe some day, you'll come to a new direction, if not, I really don't think you'll be around long enough for anyone to really worry or care about.

Goodbye 2008 - Hello new challenges, new beginnings, and a new year ^__^

I love you all,

--Aleister

-----------------------------------------------------------
Shawking eh?
Dissention; 180/Dragoon - Xileh; 170 Strider
Elisevetyl; 121/Templar - TheFameMonster; 80/Guardian
PrettyH8Machine; 40/Engineer - ????; ??/??

I'm sort of back, I think. I don't know.

02-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy007
I got on to get my boxes but other than that I'm not sure where to level and saving some bucks for gear. Researching. I would like to get to 200. Current skills suck. That and I'm still doing my collections. Trying to get a 0 level soil crystal is taking way too long.

Wow, I forgot you never hit 200 :x been so long

And.. just use Soil Stones o_o The range is a lot better anyway.

Lv0 Soil Crystal, range 5-31
Soil Stone, Lv0, range 30-40

Trickster Online:Soil Compound - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Theyre about 6-8m a pop (Last I was on), or you can do the key quest for them (Not hard, just tedious back and forth shit, couldnt be any more tedious than hunting monsters for specific stones though), but all in all, I believe its a far better choice than wasting time on Lv0 crystals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding some recent contacts and emails (skip ahead as your personal interest level dictates):

I am still getting the occasional email from players for Trickster and Grand Chase. I often said that I couldn't exactly go into detail about what my responsibilites for the company actually were while I was with them, and frankly, I don't think that the way the company has ultimately shaped up is anything particularly worth wasting breath (or typing) on. I haven't been with them since Aug 2008. It's probably best put that the original vision for the company and what it could become and do (held by myself as well as my original professional partner, Sean, and in theory, the other founders) simply did not come to pass. Sean left earlier on, I think he saw the writing on the wall and had much better foresight than I did. I had some great experiences there, and have a lot of respect for a host of the people that I met through the company, some of whom are likely still working there... while others, meh, not so much. But, respect is earned, that's what makes it valuable.

I think that I kept it pretty simple, straight-forward and professional when I wrote up the last commentary for Megalo Life, when it was cancelled out of nowhere (still never got a reason for that... so I'm sorry if you're wondering too, I don't have the answer). But I also know that I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to at the time. Frankly, now, more time has passed and I'm really not as interested in voicing my angered opinions about what actually happened, anymore than I'm wanting to go too much into what we did for the company, what our vision was and how somewhere along the way, the direction was completely lost and misguided.

Although, in response to some of the emails that I seem to still be getting (please, really, I don't use Myspace... honest - but you can always reach me through my email [gilgrimATgmailDOTcom], NR, LJ and I guess now Twitter and Facebook) I would like to make the following statement to help clarify things:

"Yes, I worked for NtreevUSA, yes I did a lot more for them besides make webcomics, tutorials and other visual stuff. No, I'm not going to go into everything that I used to do, but since we started as a very small operation, I think it's fair to let it be known that those of use who first came on board, really had to do a bit of everything, and a lot of most things needed to make an online publisher work, grow and improve in not only its products but its services.

Yes, when we started it was a very different place, with different faces, different goals and a different atmosphere. And yes, somewhere along the way, that all seemed to rapidly change, until it had morphed into something that was completely irrecognizable. I was not the first to leave the company, I'm sure that (as with most companies in the big wide world) I will not be the last (and I know that I wasn't).

No, I don't really know who's responsible for many of the changes that seem to have altered the company's direction for the worse, and frankly, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to wade through the immense amount of bullshit it would take to sift out an answer. Believe me, I tried, and so did others at the time we first saw the horrible mutation happening.

No, I don't maintain any connection to the company professionally, or its products, and would like my only sustained connection to the place to be the obvious contributions that I made (mainly the visual stuff). And no, I'm really not interested in sullying my soul with further professional contact with the company, not that the offer is going to come by anytime soon.

So, with the above, it is highly improbable that I will in any way be returning to producing online, visual, or other content for the company NtreevUSA, its products/games or services in the near future, or really ever. At this point, I don't think the company could afford my rates anyway. But yes, it does sadden me to no longer have that special type of interaction with the very generous, loving and supportive community of players that were involved with TOR and GC. I do miss you all, and I am very glad for the brief opportunity that I had to share that unique experience with you. Thank you very much, TOR and GC communities for the kind words, and emails that I still receive even now, a full year after the final Megalo Life, and some time after I had noticeably left the company and its interests.

Lastly, no, I don't play their games anymore, no I haven't for quite some time. No I really don't have any loyalty to what the company has become, or have a great deal of professional faith in the leadership that allowed the illconceived redirecting of its ultimate course to occur. I actually was able to fulfill my original promise to one of the founders when I came on board, and to achieve everything that I had agreed to do before the split. Ultimately, I am still saddened that we just weren't able to reach the goals that we could have. Opportunity is a rare thing, and I think it is the squandering of that precious, and rare thing that really stabs at me. In the end, I think it will be that squandered, special and now lost thing that I will not ever be able to really let go of.

So, am I saddened by the company, and my departing from it? Yes, in a way. I am saddened by the end of the interaction with the players and certain employees, but mostly I am saddened by what could have been, was possible, but now, cannot be realized. I know that in the beginning, we had a lot of lofty ideas, ideals, and goals for our journey in this new field... somewhere along the way, that seemed to be forgotten. And so that chapter finally ends. NtreevUSA you chose your path, you chose what was most valuable to you. I would wish you luck, but I reserve those sentiments for those who deserve them."

I know that I've posted off and on about Ntreev quite a bit during 2008 (and even before). It was a very crucial and important part of my life. I think that I lost sight myself, of what was really important, and I certainly have some blame to share for allowing the company, and its gummed-up inner workings, to disuade me from focusing on what's right, what's important and what I really do care about. That, is my fault.

But now, we have a new year ahead of us, new adventures and I think it's time to wrap this small chapter of my professional life in its little box and catalogue with the rest of the experiences, opportunities and other weird/unique shite I've been weirdly fortunate-enough to be involved in or with. As 2008 has now come to a close, I think it's a good time to put away the last damaging thing that went with it.

Goodbye 2008
NGreed
Goodbye Greed & Disillusionment

Goodbye NtreevUSA, GC, TOR, Megalo Life and everything else related to it. Goodbye to ranting about you, or letting you anger me so.

Maybe some day, you'll come to a new direction, if not, I really don't think you'll be around long enough for anyone to really worry or care about.

Goodbye 2008 - Hello new challenges, new beginnings, and a new year ^__^

I love you all,

--Aleister

-----------------------------------------------------------

You know... although under different circumstances, he worked for the company, and we played the companys game, he really speaks of many of the frustrations and problems that a lot of us have in regards to NtreevUSA. Im glad that it wasnt only the players that noticed the mutation, but even some employees themselves.

I wish I could just let it all go, like hes done.

モノノ怪

02-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
Can I level any slower?
Special

cowboy007 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nvidiar
Class: Scientist
Guild: Revolution

Lol. I just hit 150 late last year. Slooooow. And I meant soil crystal for my rock collection, not actual compounding, lol. It's the only one I've been missing for a long time.

Gilgrim brings up a lot of good points, the main one being that it's a choice to let something bother you or not. I agree the game hasn't exactly evolved for the better. The cash shop has pretty much ruined things. Still, rather than completely abandon a set of characters I poured time and money into, I'd rather just play the game my own way as I've always done and continue on. Slowly. Very... veeeeeeeeeery slowly.

02-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oic o: You didnt specify. I naturally assume if one is looking for compounding items, theyre going to comp :x

All the same, for all the nubs Ive made, Ive found more than a handful of soil crystals, but I never picked them up, since the lv0 items are totally worthless overall :/

Its harder for me since Im really big on pvp. Which literally needs cashshop. And is drama-infested. I want to quit, but at the same time, Ive been with the game so long, I dont want to quit .-. I guess Im still clinging to the memories of what once was... None of that will ever come back..

モノノ怪

02-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineWonderKing OnlineLa TaleCarnage Blender

Sephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth
IGN: LeArc
Class: Ruin Walker lt_treasurehunter
Level: 197
Guild: Infiniti

Fully agreed.

It was difficult to leave TO.
I...still have an urge to re-DL it.
But Im restraining myself from doing so.
I miss some things....alot ;-;

Aleister does bring up good points as well.
Hence what sorta...added to my fire; leaving.
I pity the complany =[
Too bad Trickster couldn't have been better than it was.
Dissention; 180/Dragoon - Xileh; 170 Strider
Elisevetyl; 121/Templar - TheFameMonster; 80/Guardian
PrettyH8Machine; 40/Engineer - ????; ??/??

I'm sort of back, I think. I don't know.

02-09-2009   #20 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

In the end I believe a lot of it was just pure greed.

モノノ怪