ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Kali Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/kali-guides/)
-   -   Kali the Bard Guide by PrincessLenne (http://ggftw.com/forum/kali-guides/52059-kali-bard-guide-princesslenne.html)

PKShota 07-13-2009 06:38 PM

Kali the Bard Guide by PrincessLenne

[COMPLETE]

Kali the Bard Guide
By PrincessLenne

*Kali Eschenbach the Satanic Bard is a Burst Damage (BD) Character.

Basic Attacks

>> = Dash

A - One musical slap.
AA - Two Slaps.
AAA - Three slaps, knocking opponent in air.

AS - Slap then knock up enemy in air.
AAS - Hit twice then Kali will knock the opponent down, similar to Dacy's AAS, because this is a hard knockdown.
A <Delay> S - Do a hard knockdown like AAS.

>>A - Thrust with musical notes. Get to a wall and spam this as fast as you can.
>>AS - Kali's combo continue sequence. After this, you will have delay, so you can spam this or continue a combo with a skill, do >>A then AAA or something or run away.
>>S - Kali will send a purple note ahead, dealing damage and knocking up in the air. If you rapid shot, you can hit your opponent again with another note when s/he's knocked up.

S - Recover Mana for everyone in the circle's range. Also, even when at 0 HP, you can still recover your Mana. You can recover more mana for yourself as you level up, but you always recover 7 mana to party members. This will also cancel the delay on >>AS, similar to Ryan, which can allow you to Windmill.

Skills

Agony Section
The tunes that bring agony to opponents.

Sound of Agony - Send 5 notes to ahead.
This is a nice DPS skill, along for a combo. Its at least worth maxing.
All Builds - Max

Dischord - Rise 8 lights of a melody to slow opponents.
Another good skill. Its a great height raiser, so you can shift. It has a nice AoE. I recommend maxing. The slow down curse percentage is raised, too.
All Builds - Max

Duet of Rage - Fire two large purple notes to pierce all enemies.
This is a nice pierce feature, so its good control on a mob or a large enemy. It gives height so you can get an S rank in stage, maybe. It gives height and distance in air combos for PvP.
Stage - Max
Hybrid & PvP - 1, Max (1 for Knockdown/Distraction/Pushback reasons)

Rhapsody of Blood - Play a tune to rise light circles around you.
A very good skill, because it's AoE is great along with the damage and stun effect. Also note Kali's Ancient Elf Hero Set (2), Rhapsody of Blood activates it. Rhapsody of Blood has a 25 Second Cooldown and with a 20 second use of the +50% increase of the AEH Set, along with an extra 5 seconds would equal...big damage?
Stage and Hybrid - Max
PvP - 1, Max (1 is fine if you don't like it, just for height raiser and shifting combos)
**Since you have Dexterity stuff, the cooldown should reduce to 20 seconds or less, probably with Myth Equipment or high Dex equips.

Recovery Section
Play melodies to help your allies.

Recitation of Showdown - Release five healing notes and attack notes.
Odd skill name. You can heal your allies and still attack at the same time, and I'm pretty sure RoS can hurt the opponent's MP, because I've had this on me. The notes can also distract the opponent. For an effective Support Bard, I'd max this. Sometimes when you use this, the healing notes can fake resurrect your ally.
*To Fake Ressurect an Ally, have a green note float over an almost dead ally, then touch the note. You and your ally should both get the HP Recovery.
Stage - 0, 1, Max
PvP - 0, 1, Max (Better to use in a team PvP)
Hybrid - 0, 1

Song of Recovery - Sacrifice your life to regain Mana.
Think of Eir's Price of Sacrifice, but more better, because you get more mana. Also, this affects allies in range, but its short, similar to Eir's Light of Healing. So use it close to allies. Using in it PvP, find some room. You may also use Mana Potions. Note that this skill will sometimes not work in PvP, because it is a glitch.
PvP - 0, 1, Max

Song of Hero - Increase you and your allies' movement speed.
Get yourself some speed. I wouldn't necessarily max, but you can use a boost of 10% if you want 1 point in it for fun. I would invest points in other skills...there are speed potions anyways. The max speed is 60%, the beginning speed (Level 1) is 15%. Oh and, if you have this at a high enough level, you can catch the orb on Phantom Fantasia if you go after it. See next skill.
All Builds - Any (It has a 10 Second limit use, and some Kali's disagree with this skill, but how many points you put will be your choice.)

Phantom Fantasia - Send notes to allies to regain HP and MP.
Find a right time to use this, because your allies get turned into skeletons. I don't really like this skill, but the extra 30 Mana Recovery and HP Recovery can help. Each level raises the recovery by 5. It's not really good, but little healing can help for some support. Also, when you get turned into a skeleton, you are invincible! But if you attack, the transformation and healing goes away. Its like Eir's Light Shield except you get recovery. For a really confident Support Kali, you can max this for your choice. The main best use of this is for the invincibility use.
All Builds - 0, 1
*Fun note, you can turn Pandano's Bamboo (Invincible Bamboo?!), NPCs, Seduction of Succubus skill, and other stuff into skeletons too.
**Warning, if you use this one someone with 0 HP, they will DIE because Skeleton is a transform, like a Transformation Potion.

Darkness Section

Play tunes filled with the dark energy.

Seduction of Succubus - Play a note to freeze opponent.
High damage, its good for one point. As you raise the skill, the freeze time increases. In stage, if you land this, SoS will do an area of effect (large range) damage, all enemies around the cast. The highest is 2.2 Seconds, at Level 10. Leave it at 10, oh and, Seduction of Succubus can act like Eir's Moon Barrier, but it doesn't lure the attacks to itself. YOU have to lure it.
Stage - 1
PvP - 1, 10
Hybrid - 1, 10

Lullaby of Lucifer - A large light circle shines around you and hits the enemy within the range.
The large AoE is pretty nice, it will hit up to five times. The 5th hit will be slower than the first four hits. The last hit of LoL (lol?) will inflict sleep.
Stage - 1/Max
PvP - Max
Hybrid - 1/Max

Orgel of Orcus - Release large moving notes that shoot tiny notes.
This is like Duet of Rage plus Sound of Agony. It's nice damage. Orgel of Orcus's notes do not follow the enemy, so it's a spread shot. I guess it's nice mob control in stage. For PvP, you can use it as a distraction, and easily for an air combo, such as, spread this on your opponent against a wall for nice damage. Also, he/she will be unable to escape if you aim a large note correctly.
Stage - Max
PvP - 1/Max
Hybrid - 1/Max

Sanguine Samsara - Play a tune of hell that summons the power of a devil.
The devil attacks with clawing or pounding. Its pretty useless to others, but to other others, it is a nice maxing. 5 Seconds + 10 maximum damage each level. For Myth users, Sanguine Samsara is useful for push backing the mobs, so max it if you would like. You will die in Myth if you solo. Bring a party, have them help with flinch.
**Note, first Kali's will not see this skill. Once you have reached Level 60, Sanguine Samsara will come up.
Stage/Myth - 1/Max
PvP & Hybrid - 1/Max

Ability Section
Kali's Passives.

Mana Recovery - Recover Mana gradually.
Depend on:
1. Your S Recovery
2. Gigantic Mana Potions
3. L Drake Set (4)
4. Ancient White Dragon Set
5. What else..?
All Builds - Any points (0, Max, or whatever, you have Song of Recovery/S button. Your choice)

Concentrate - Reduce mana consumption to ZERO at a certain percentage.
At max, you get 11%, a chance of not using any mana for a skill. It's worth points, your choice to max. 1 is also fine, 0 is fine as well.
All Builds - 0, 1, Max

Increase Mana - Increase your mana capacity.
One point is fine, go for max, go for 0. Your choice.
All Builds - 0, 1, Max

Magical Critical - Increase critical percentage.
One point is great. 0 is also fine. Hybrids should take at least 1 point. It's also nice for maxing, Kali does have a lot of skill hits.
All Builds - 0, 1, Max

Increase Health - Increase HP Capacity.
One is fine, or take 0. The increment each level is by 50. At max you get 250 HP.
All Builds - 0, 1, Max

Rebirth Skills

True Rhapsody of Blood - Release light circles and allies that touch it will be granted with strength.
Its the same, but if you have party members they will have their strength increased. At Lv11 is a nice 277 strength, so use it for Myth. For PvP, you can take 1 Point for that extra stun effect, but I recommend maxing if you are going to use it.
**NOTE: At Level 10 and 11, True Rhapsody of Blood's Strength icon will not appear. Do not let this fool you, you will still get the strength boost, just not the icon.
All Builds - 0, Max

True Song of Hero - Increase the speed and dexterity of allies.
The same speed boost, but now with Dex. At max is the same increment of Dex as Rhapsody of Blood. Also, if you want one point in either Song of Heroes, put 1 in this one because of its -10 MP lose, lol.
All Builds - 0/Any points (You could use the Dex I guess.)

True Orgel of Orcus - Release one still large note in front of you to rapidly fire smaller notes.
Its great in flinching, so its good in PvP and Stage. The large note only stays in front of where you casted. The notes that are shooting follow the enemy, like homing missiles. Its really nice in PvP if you cast it in front of your opponent. Because of low damage levels at 1 and 2, it's recommended for max or don't take at all. However, one is fine for flinching purposes.
All Builds - 0, 1, Max

True Sound of Agony - [NOT OUT YET.] Release many notes then fire one large piercing note.
Its like regular Sound of Agony, but a lot of notes, and one large Duet of Rage straight ahead.
All Builds - 1/Max

Kali Overview Video by me.

Ijji [Allm] Lunia - Princess of the Melodies

Thanks to Ijji Forumers, Gladiat, riku4564, and others for information on Kali!

Lunar 07-13-2009 09:12 PM

hmm. u haven't pvped huh?
recitation has to be at least 1 for pvp or ur basically removing ur one and only counter to certain classes

song of recovery has a bug i think above lvl 3 it cannot heal mp anymore in pvp

song of hero lvl 0, 1 or max 1 has it's use to skill cancel duet

phantom is useless in pvp

seduction should be maxed instead of 10, it is used for the dmg not the freeze, it is more than enough to freeze at 1.2 secs she has nothing to do dmg during that time unlike yuki

lullaby is not maxed for pvp there is a better skill

Trans-0,1,max i think that's self explanatory for pvp

DollRmYlIfe 07-13-2009 10:28 PM

What do you mean by the sos acting like the moon barrier? Does it block the magical attack like moon barrier? If it does then its totally awesome+worth maxing...

Yumidesu 07-13-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 896634)
hmm. U haven't pvped huh?
Recitation has to be at least 1 for pvp or ur basically removing ur one and only counter to certain classes
true. ;_;
song of recovery has a bug i think above lvl 3 it cannot heal mp anymore in pvp
wrong. It's just an effing annoying bug. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. :x
song of hero lvl 0, 1 or max 1 has it's use to skill cancel duet
cancel duet of rage?...what? <.<;
phantom is useless in pvp
not in team pvp. =)
seduction should be maxed instead of 10, it is used for the dmg not the freeze, it is more than enough to freeze at 1.2 secs she has nothing to do dmg during that time unlike yuki
i use level 1 sos, and it works just fine. Then again, i use it for notebind. Aa rhapsody sos discord lullaby soa.
lullaby is not maxed for pvp there is a better skill
i max lullaby for pvp. It's nice for me. 100 per hit at max decay, 300 per hit on the ground.
trans-0,1,max i think that's self explanatory for pvp
one point for the lulz.

. .

Squishable 07-14-2009 03:56 AM

Song of Recovery doesn't seem to work for me when I'm low on hitpoints.

And I think the balance system messed it up.

I heal 700MP with Song of Recovery, but I heal 1000 MP in-game and I'm only level 63.I hoped it would..increase the values.

PKShota 07-14-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollRmYlIfe (Post 896704)
What do you mean by the sos acting like the moon barrier? Does it block the magical attack like moon barrier? If it does then its totally awesome+worth maxing...

Well I'm not 100% sure, but when I used it, a Dainn used Fire orb then I ran away, and Seduction absorbed it. I need to collect more info on this.

Lunar 07-14-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessLenne (Post 896929)
Well I'm not 100% sure, but when I used it, a Dainn used Fire orb then I ran away, and Seduction absorbed it. I need to collect more info on this.

coincidence i believe

most of the things i stated above were other options u only gave one (oops... not even u who posted)

that and.. recovery does not EVER work i have it at 10 it NEVER works
i think there's a requirement for it to work and that is ur opponent has to stand in the circle making it not useful

PKShota 07-14-2009 11:14 AM

^ It always works in stage for me, but in PvP, that's sometimes a bug. If you can't use it in PvP, its bugged, so don't use it. If you can, keep using it.

Also, I never had any opponent stand near me when I used Recovery.

Lunar 07-14-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 897176)
coincidence i believe

most of the things i stated above were other options u only gave one (oops... not even u who posted)

that and.. recovery does not EVER work i have it at 10 it NEVER works
i think there's a requirement for it to work and that is ur opponent has to stand in the circle making it not useful

not a coincidence it does absorb like moon barrier

DollRmYlIfe 07-17-2009 06:52 AM

Er can i max the magical crit in the 2nd last section?

PKShota 07-17-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollRmYlIfe (Post 901138)
Er can i max the magical crit in the 2nd last section?

That will be your choice.

DollRmYlIfe 07-17-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessLenne (Post 901140)
That will be your choice.

I mean...is it a wise choice to max it? Or just leave it at 1.

PKShota 07-17-2009 07:13 AM

Well, one is fine to take chances. You can probably find some set effects that give about 10-20% critical hits. But I'm not sure about that.

If you want to try to deal critical blows some of the time, then yeah, it's fine to go with maxing.

DollRmYlIfe 07-18-2009 07:01 PM

Erm why cant i see my Sanguine Samsara in the skill book? I only see SoS , LoL ,Orgel of Orcus and True Orgel of Orcus...Is Sanguine Samsara a after rebirth you can see skill or what?

PKShota 07-18-2009 07:06 PM

Oh, i need to put Ijji's updates onto here.

Quote:

**Note, first Kali's will not see this skill. Once you have reached Level 60, Sanguine Samsara will come up.

Gladiat 07-18-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollRmYlIfe (Post 901146)
I mean...is it a wise choice to max it? Or just leave it at 1.

If you have the points, I would max it. Kali's attacks are EXTREMELY damaging, and all of her skills are curse element with the exception of Sanguine Samsara, so they're all elemental. It's probably best to max it for PvP since a level 65 Kali does like 350s a hit with LoL, around 1.6k with SoS, 300-400s a hit with RoB, 300s a hit with SoA. Most of her attacks do damage of 300+ per hit with 0 decay. I won't have enough SP for this since I'm maxing orgel, and a pinning large note can do up to 2k damage. Hard as hell to hit though =/

DollRmYlIfe 07-18-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessLenne (Post 902693)
Oh, i need to put Ijji's updates onto here.

Wow thats shit....

Riku4564 07-18-2009 09:10 PM

the green notes from Recitation of Showdown can heal party members mp aswell i think.

and also, great guide! :)

Gladiat 07-19-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riku4564 (Post 902821)
the green notes from Recitation of Showdown can heal party members mp aswell i think.

and also, great guide! :)

I don't think they heal party MP. I've only had enemy MP damaged in PvP, and no gains in stage. Not sure about PvP though.

Lunar 07-19-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiat (Post 902700)
If you have the points, I would max it. Kali's attacks are EXTREMELY damaging, and all of her skills are curse element with the exception of Sanguine Samsara, so they're all elemental. It's probably best to max it for PvP since a level 65 Kali does like 350s a hit with LoL, around 1.6k with SoS, 300-400s a hit with RoB, 300s a hit with SoA. Most of her attacks do damage of 300+ per hit with 0 decay. I won't have enough SP for this since I'm maxing orgel, and a pinning large note can do up to 2k damage. Hard as hell to hit though =/

ewww y would u waste 7 points to max something for 33% more dmg