LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-31-2011   #81 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

I finally grabbed Duel of the Planeswalkers because of the holiday sale, looool. I didn't have money before that, orz.

Overrun. That's it, show's over, folks.

It feels nice to play again, even if it is virtual, and there's so many farking new cards that I have to zoom in on half the shit played.

モノノ怪

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-31-2011   #82 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

Well... you're playing as the archenemy... you have the advantage most times.

01-01-2012   #83 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Actually it was pretty tight before that because I wasn't drawing much of anything. That was... up until the elemental tokens. Which was like.. not too many turns before that before that lmao. I just thought drawing Overrun at that point was hilarious. Shh, I'm having fun man.

Also the first try at being archenemy, so. Really, fighting them isn't too bad though, there's just a few cards that really screw shit up if they get drawn, ugh. The one that does damage equal the the number of cards in your hand is absolute bollocks to draw at the very start of the game. I've had that happen twice now. Instant 7 damage before I can even do anything, trololol.

Is deck pack 2 worth getting? I know the deck packs typically have a nice deck and a meh deck, but it wasn't on sale with the rest of the magic stuff >:

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 01-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.

01-01-2012   #84 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about

dunno. don't have deck pack 2 atm and haven't played the game since the pack's release to see other people with it.

01-02-2012   #85 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Well balls. I didn't get it.

aaaaaaa guys I bought packs for the first time since '08, I got a planeswalker aaaaa

Also werewolves. I like.

Each pack was essentially me looking through and going "What does that ability even do, woah that looks awesome, that's neat, ohhh rares," etc lol. The first one I opened had Daybreak Ranger in it. At first I was like "A second rare! That's awesome!" And then I read it and went "... transform? Is this another new ability? What does that even mean..." I DIDN'T NOTICE THE EXTRA 4/4 LISTED AT THE BOTTOM, but I was looking at that check card and wondering what the hell it was for.. happened to flip it over and noticed more stuff on the back of Daybreak Ranger when I did. My mind was blown a little when I realized then what transform meant. I then also realized what the check cards were for, since obviously you can't use the double-faced cards in your deck without knowing when you're going to draw it.

Other spoils were Lashwrithe and Chancellor of the Annex from New Phyrexia and Clifftop Retreat, Curse of Death's Hold, foil Geist-Honored Monk and Sturmgeist from Innistrad. Innistrad has double-faced cards in every pack I assume? I have no idea, these are the first cards I've had since the Morningtide set. I was so excited just having these.

Now I need to look up what planeswalkers do, I haven't a clue ):

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 01-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.

01-02-2012   #86 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Planeswalkers kind of act like a second players, as in they are not on the field and have their own "life". The + and - on the cards are the planeswalkers abilities that can be used once per turn that increase or decrease it's "life". Opponents can choose to attack the planeswalker instead of you but of course you may defend as if it was you.

I personally like the original Liliana better. I haven't gotten any cards from the last 3 sets but eventually I will *buys singles*.

01-02-2012   #87 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oh I see. That's fairly interesting. I have no idea what's been released since Morningtide; I didn't even care for that set much so I only bought the fat pack. The packs were sort of an impulse buy because I saw them and my interest was piqued. NO REGRETS. Until later maybe. I don't have anyone to play with anymore anyway, so it would be pointless for me to keep buying cards xD

Edit; So, looking at it, Liliana's first ability adds to her life, and her third would kill her if she didn't have more life added? Am I understanding this correctly ): Do other cards work in increasing/decreasing planeswalker life or no?

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 01-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

01-02-2012   #88 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Yeah as long as you have more than the subtracted amount she doesn't die (otherwise as long as she doesn't hit 0). I forgot to mention that you can only use the planeswalker abilities when you're able to cast a sorcery spell.

Quote:
Planeswalkers can be attacked. When you declare attacking creatures, you choose whether each one is attacking your opponent or a planeswalker that opponent controls. Your opponent can block as normal, regardless of what each creature is attacking. If a creature deals combat damage to a planeswalker, that many loyalty counters are removed from it.

Other sources can deal damage to planeswalkers. If a spell or ability you control would deal damage to an opponent, you may have it deal that damage to a planeswalker that opponent controls instead. So while you can't target a planeswalker with a Shock, you can have a Shock that targets your opponent deal 2 damage to one of his or her planeswalkers instead of to the player. You can't split the damage from one source between a player and a planeswalker. Damage dealt to a planeswalker results in that many loyalty counters being removed from it.
The quote just uses shock as an example of a damaging spell that can target a player.
AFAIK you can't use healing abilities the same way, like a heal targeting yourself and be applied to the planeswalker instead, can't be done. I could be wrong on this.

Last edited by DarkRayne; 01-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.