ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Guilds > Infiniti Guild

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-14-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

edisito will become famous soon enough
Class: blader
Guild: infiniti
Default favorite anime??

i felt like making a topic that allowed us to get to know each other, so with that said, what is it??? and please try to avoid your cookie cutter answers like naruto and bleach

i actually have 2, first one is Hunter X Hunter, i still cant find an anime thats like this one, from the whole hunter competition to finding gong's father by actually going into an mmo( oh man if this was only possible, lol), this anime add me hooked from the word go

and the other one is Soul Eater, this one because it Had me dying laughing and some really awesome fight scenes, really short but great.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

MayLinear will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MayLinear Send a message via Skype™ to MayLinear

Sure thing. Let's see.

I personally love the .hack - series. This series was when I started collecting some anime, which lead to my stupid spending on individual volumes. The anime is about an MMO where there a lot of unexplained things happening which causes the game to behave oddly. There have been many instances were if your avatar dies in the MMO, you in the real world will fall into a comatose state. But, a small group of people later finds out about the mysteries and deal with the problem.

Akazukin Cha-Cha was the first anime I love when I was younger. It's about this girl (Little Red Riding Hood) named Cha-cha and tries to become the best magician in the world. She realizes a certain peril that befalls her and with a help of two friends, she becomes the magical princess to banish the evil. Yeah. It's your classic 'Sailor Moon' but done in a fairy world type setting. This anime will bring you laughs as well as tears. One thing to keep in mind that this anime has a lot of Japanese cliches.

Chrono Crusade was another anime I loved that tackles a religious order. This is sort of the typical 'nuns with guns' anime. But, it really does get deeper and much more dark the further you get into the anime. Those queasy when blood is spilled need not watch. There are some emotional moments in this anime. I believe that this anime separates itself from other animes because it doesn't have a 'generic' happy ending.

Sonic X. I'm a fan to the Sonic series. It was nice to watch Sonic and Co dealing with Dr. Eggman. However, there were somethings that I wasn't satisfied with. Oh well. I did get Sonic the Hedgehog movie where he was fighting his rival, Metal Sonic. Epic fight.

Digimon. I loved the Digimon series when they came out. Seasons 1-3 were really nice stories, an adventure of kids roaming around the digital world and combating an impending world threat.

Code Geass. This was a pretty good anime. Set in a alternate version of Earth where Britannia practically ruled the world, they stripped Japan of their rights and culture. LeLouche discovers a power (a power to force anybody to do as he wills once), after a contract made by a mysterious girl, goes and combats this force. If you are one for strategies and thrillers, watch this.

Death Note Another thriller. Light happens to find a black notebook called the Death Note. There are rules attached to the finder of this book. Basically, if you specifically write someone's name in that book, that person will die. Simply writing a name will cause a heart attack. But, you are able to write how this person will die. So, Light uses this to create the perfect world, free from crime and violence, but later deals with the police and a rival. I highly recommend everybody to watch this.

Chobits. For you pervs out there, this is a nice anime to watch. It's a romantic comedy about a guy and his persocom. It's hilarious as well as a tear jerker. Highly recommend it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Don't waste your time with the first FMA. This version comes straight out of the manga and follows it rather faithfully. To those that love magic and a deep storyline, this is an anime for you.

That's all I can think of right now. ^^ I'll come up with more later.

09-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Tabi is on a distinguished road
IGN: TabiHeart
Class: WarLord lt_warlord
Level: 18X
Guild: Infiniti

Oh I really liked Death Note a lot. One of the best.

Another one I like is called Fruits Basket. Um I'm sleepy and cannot adequately describe it right now. Just watch it. :P

I've also recently watched:

Monster-probably not to most people's tastes. It is ok, but epic in scope. Very long.

RomeoXJuliet-I guess I liked it. Not like Top 10 status, but decent enough.

Hellsing-seemed very old fashioned, yet...I did end up liking the story a lot and wanted it go on.

Hellsing (OVA)-much newer looking. At first I missed the original Hellsing, but getting used to the new look and story now.

Paradise Kiss-it's about fashion I guess. I loved the manga, but I'd probably give the anime a miss.

Azumanga Daioh-Basically about high school girls. It's cute and quirky. I liked it.

tldr;Death Note and Fruits Basket are great animes. Make time to watch them, if you haven't yet!

<3

09-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

yeah i liked deathnote too, its just not in my top 5

09-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

RicePaper is on a distinguished road

fma:brotherhood, darker than black, naruto, bleach, fairy tail, highschool of the dead. all great shows (other then the relentless bleach filler)

09-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Tabi is on a distinguished road
IGN: TabiHeart
Class: WarLord lt_warlord
Level: 18X

I've been meaning to check out High School of the Dead and Fairy Tale. Any dubbed versions out there? :x

09-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I've got more favorites. So here I go.

Tokyo Mew Mew. God forbid, do not watch the 4kids dub version. Basically this is another magical girl anime, except the girls become a part of an near extinct animal and save the world from monstrous creatures on Earth. I've seen the dubbed version, but I will watch the subbed version soon.

To-Love Ru. Another ecchi anime for you pervs. The main character gets into these very awkward situations girls and accidentally does something wrong with them. This is just another romantic comedy.

Happy Lesson. What's it like to have 5 moms? Yes! I meant it! 5 moms. And to make things even more interesting, you 5 moms are also your teachers in high school! This is your usual comedy anime where the main character gets into these awkward situations and also becomes a guinea pig for family.

Sailor Moon. You know. I'll just say it. I liked this series and I've seen the dubbed versions when it aired on Fox Saturdays as well as the raw versions on Japanese stations. This anime paved way to a lot of magical girl animes and cliches. This is a long running series.

I still have more when I think more.

09-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
./Queet
Games
La TaleAngels OnlineAuditionDofus

Aubree will become famous soon enoughAubree will become famous soon enough

What about manga? o=
Psyren
^ ftw. D<

& i have like so many anime 8'D ./nerd
Death Note
Code Geass
Blood+
Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood series is better imo.) plus the shamballa movie or w/e. ;3; /

orz... i'll edit it more when i remember them 8'D ./short term memory loss

Last edited by Aubree; 09-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.

09-15-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

DGreatfox is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DGreatfox Send a message via Skype™ to DGreatfox
IGN: LastManStandin
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 17x
Guild: Royalty

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was a great anime for me just because it had such incredible morals in it that it remains my favorite even to this day.

Kurokami is yet another great one that has mild fighting with a decent storyline that keeps you into the anime for quite some time.

Digimon has been one of my favorites growing up as a kid and i even still watch it today with the newest digimon out.

Death Note was a great evil mind anime that was just amazing to watch and wonder how things just unfolded so amazingly that it was one of the ones that stick in my mind even today.

Heroic age is a space/mecha anime that was quite interesting to watch and enjoy for the entire anime and had such an incredible plot line that kept me into the anime till the end.

D.Gray Man is a rather long anime but has such an amazing amount of content that it is a must see watch for demon fighting and fighting.

Shakugan no Shana is another fighting anime that revolves around things like torches and flame hazes that are working to keep the balance in both worlds intact while having a mild romance in it as well.

Those are just some of the ones that i can think of off the top of my head but they are some of the favorites that i have.

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!" ~Kamina
LastManStandin - 17x Duelist
Kanadei - 11x Bard(Hiatus)
Teyr - 13x Blader

09-15-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleMapleStoryRunescapeElsword

NinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to NinjaFoxX
IGN: Patchouli
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: Infinity/Syndicate

i should so not be watching this stuff im reccomending, been watching J-dramas and Shoujo rofl...

Honey&Clover
Fruits Basket(Read it, dont watch it)
Kannon
Clannad
Gunslinger Girl

>.<

09-15-2010   #11 (permalink)
./Queet
Games

GASP. i am shocked you didn't put Full Metal Alchemist, Ed... ! speaking of which. that reminds me. i should add that to my list 8'D...

09-15-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La Tale

MysteriousKei is on a distinguished road

FairyTail - It's about guilds, friendship and helping each other out no matter what. Nice storyline at times, funny and cool characters. It has some of those traits I like to see and each characters has their own unique personality..

D.Gray-Man - It's a pretty long anime but it has a nice fighting style and the group of friends tries to help each other out...

Pokemon - It's a pretty old show but its still a good show to watch. Has cool pokemons in there, long adventures, and has some contents..

Hunter X Hunter - I remember when I first watched this as a kid and I started liking it more and more. It has a lot of fun and good things about it.

Ruroni Kenshin - Its an old anime but I still like this anime. Good action and the characters. Its entertainging to me also.

09-15-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabi
I've been meaning to check out High School of the Dead and Fairy Tale. Any dubbed versions out there? :x
no english ones yet just english subs

09-15-2010   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

oh noes, i forgot ruroni kenshin. one of the first i watched and still one of the best.

09-15-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

i said favorite as in maybe 1 or 2 top but people turned this into a freaking Christmas list of anime they want lol, but its cool, like to see all the anime we all have in common and even those i havent heard of so i can start watching

09-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

XmichaelX is on a distinguished road
IGN: XmichaelX
Class: Certified PedoBear lt_blader
Level: 196

Code Geass, Detective conan and one piece usually what I watch.

09-16-2010   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisito
i said favorite as in maybe 1 or 2 top but people turned this into a freaking Christmas list of anime they want lol, but its cool, like to see all the anime we all have in common and even those i havent heard of so i can start watching
The problem with that is that I have many favorites and that I don't have any particular order for them since they are nice to watch. I rather not compare like 'Naruto vs Bleach' since fanboyism reeks these arguments and becomes nothing but shout wars and justifications. Also, with the anime mentioned, I would like people to at least watch some of the anime that were mentioned to open a few minds.

I'm going to add one more favorite.

Yu-Gi-Oh. Now, I do like the card games and I wish I had more people to play. This series is interesting with a card game. The story may or may not be too grand, but the showy effects of summoning cards and duels are nice and epic to see, even though the duels are predetermined wins for the main character most of the time.

09-16-2010   #18 (permalink)
./Queet
Games

rofl i remember watching yugioh on wb11 back then.. ah.. the good times 8'D..

09-16-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleMapleStoryRunescapeElsword

NinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to NinjaFoxX
IGN: Patchouli
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: Infinity/Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubree

GASP. i am shocked you didn't put Full Metal Alchemist, Ed... ! speaking of which. that reminds me. i should add that to my list 8'D...
too ovbious. plus i finished that months ago...

09-16-2010   #20 (permalink)
./Queet
Games

lol xD well.. i just put up any good anime that i remember 8D..
and.. i'm gonna have to re-read these.. lists of anime.. i need something new to watch... :3..