Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-16-2011   #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default MLA Citing

Just one quick question. I'm citing for an essay, but I'm stuck on one part.

I'm aware that when citing, citations must be in order according to the first letter of the author's name.

But...if it's from Wikipedia...:

"2011 Yemeni protests." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 24 March 2011. 24 March 2011. < 2011 Yemeni protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia >

And since it starts with a number...where to? Or did I cite that wrong?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-16-2011   #2 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

If possible, find where this information originally was taken from, most professors don't like wikipedia for citation.

In general, if you don't have the information, it's alright to omit it. In this case, there's no author, so just leave it out.

"2011 Yemeni Protests." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 16 Apr. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Yemeni_protests>.

remember to indent the second line and on.

04-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
If possible, find where this information originally was taken from, most professors don't like wikipedia for citation.
That. Regardless of how good the information is, teachers don't want it, especially since anybody can edit it.

If you're looking for a specific protest, find the source in the list and use that instead.

If you're trying to talk about the number of protests there were, search that instead and find a different website.

04-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is my teacher allowed Wikipedia so long as its cited correctly.

I don't know if I can remove it from my works cited unless I can easily find “unemployment, economic conditions and corruption” somewhere else.

04-16-2011   #5 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Purdue OWL: MLA Formatting and Style Guide

This is what I use for my papers.

04-16-2011   #6 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

My brother even suggested that ._.

04-17-2011   #7 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

same question..
but mine is from a government
should i just do (The State of Victoria, Department of Sustainability and Environment 2003)?
this is for citing in text
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F3100...+Frog+1994.pdf