Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

DOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really nice
Default Presentation "Phrases" [English]

So that may sound silly but my english isn't that great. I still need to learn a lot, yes. Yeah, english is not my mother tongue.

So actually, my situation is this, I have to hold a whole presentation in english in a few days. My question is what phrases are suitable to "go from a topic to another".
For example: "so... moving on to his history...". I can't think of any other phrases than "moving on to.." lol..

I hope you get what I mean. :S /fool

I'm also asking for some advices and tips for a presentation in english, because this will be my first one.

Thanks in advance!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-17-2010   #2 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

Try these~
Also....
And...
Another sitation is...
Another example is...
So forth...
So on...That...
For instance....

11-17-2010   #3 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

I actually also had my first English presentation recently (last week).

As for most presentations, a Power Point presentation really helps. It's good for remembering with support words, and you can show pictures of w/e you're talking about which may help with your presentation.

About those phrases..

What about..

"next up"
"Next I'll talk about"
"Now for"
"Moving forward to" (lol)
"Later on..."

Oh I'm so bad at this.

11-17-2010   #4 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

''following this..''
''In addition to this...''
''to continue...''
''moving on from this..''

And there are plenty of connectives that can be used if you're going to move on by comparing instead of changing to a separate topic, for example:
-On the other hand
-However
-Whereas
-Similarly

I agree with having a Powerpoint up. It can move the presentation along, and its a good backup if you mess up on the spoken part of the presentation.

Also, keep a separate set of cards, or a sheet with what you want to say so you can refer to it - Look through it a few times before you present it and learn it a bit, so you can make eye contact with the people you're presenting to, rather than having to looking down constantly.

Good luck with your presentation!

11-17-2010   #5 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

...going on to his history
...speaking of his history

Those are the only ones I can think of that are not mentioned above