Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None
Default Risk Preception and Risk Reality Survey

Alright, community, I need your help with this one. Read the directions on the sheet of paper and fill out the survey in your posts. I don't care if you're American or not. That shouldn't matter. These issues affect the world and us as a whole, so please, all nationalities in /ggftw that's willing to help, post.

The total amount I need is 12. I need at least 8 of these from ages 25- . If you are 26+, please post so that I don't have to ask as many teachers of their opinions on this. My day's busy enough. X_x;

Thanks in advance!

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-17-2010   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotta be honest, I didn't really know how to answer 90% of those. [live in england & know nothing about america <3] but I hope my contribution helps anyway.

Spoiler!

04-17-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

I don't want to type in the questions, so I'll just give a list of numbers for you to use.
Spoiler!

Last edited by SilentSaber; 04-17-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: age

04-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

Thank you, AimeeXO, SilentSaber. Really appreciate it.

Just 6 more, people, and I'm good.

04-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Here.

Spoiler!

04-19-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

I'm not sure how to rate whether or not an event is a great risk. If I'm supposed to rate it based on how many Americans are/will be subject to the event ("at risk of"), then [born male] makes no sense to put here as a question. If I'm supposed to rate it based on how dangerous the event is ("is a risk"), then [drowning] makes no sense to add as a question. If it's asking how much damage an event causes to the country, then things like [driving an automobile] should be negative (they help more than they hurt). In every common use of the word, [using oral contraceptive] makes no sense since it's safer than the alternative.

I tried to balance the "at risk of" and "damage to the country" ratings. This'll be extremely subjective because there's no base rating to compare anything to:
ST, 19
3, 7, 2, 7, 5, 4, 1, 7, 1, 6, 1, 2, 7, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1

Last edited by sentythee; 04-19-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot initials and age

04-19-2010   #7 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, here you go.

Spoiler!

04-19-2010   #8 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Really weird test. sentythee shares some of the same ideas I had when I read the survey. The "great risk" does not make any sense at all in terms of what type of danger does it mean (possibility of dying, attaining the problem, etc.).

Also, medical x-rays aren't that life threatening :/ You'll need over 1,000 x-rays a year to get even some type of cancer. Although, I don't think many people know that.

Anyways, GM, 21. I'm still a US Citizen by the way even though I'm in the Philippines.
5, 8, 1, 5, 3, 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 4.

04-20-2010   #9 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Noperative: Thanks very much, Nop. I appreciate it. ^^

sentythee: Heh. Don't ask me. My teacher gave me the assigment to do. But I guess what the survey's looking for in general is what concerns you the most. I have to agree that the 'born male' thing is kinda...off into another issue altogether. Thank you for participating nonetheless.

Shnao: Thanks very much, Shnao. I appreciate it. ^^

k0n: Thanks, k0n, for participating. I'm still trying to figure out that 'born male' thing...

2 more to go.

04-20-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeheart
I'm still trying to figure out that 'born male' thing...
From wikipedia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy
In the womb, male fetuses have a higher mortality rate (babies are conceived in a ratio of about 124 males to 100 females, but the ratio of those surviving to birth is only 105 males to 100 females). Among the smallest premature babies (those under 2 pounds or 900 g) females again have a higher survival rate. At the other extreme, about 90% of individuals aged 110 are female.
And even with 105:100 males to females, there are more females in the united states (http://www.nationalatlas.gov/article.../a_gender.html)
Quote:
female human life expectancy is considerably higher than those of men. The reasons for this are not entirely certain.
It goes on to list that men are more likely to die from motor vehicle accidents, suicide, heart disease, lung cancer, etc.
Quote:
However, such arguments are not entirely satisfactory and, even if the statistics are corrected for known socio-environmental effects on mortality, females still have longer life expectancy. This biological difference occurs because women have more resistance to infections and degenerative diseases
There's about a 5-year difference in life expectancy between men and women in the united states.

Last edited by sentythee; 04-20-2010 at 05:48 PM.