ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Homework Help (http://ggftw.com/forum/homework-help/)
-   -   Need 10 books with 150+ (http://ggftw.com/forum/homework-help/4682-need-10-books-150-a.html)

Nihil679 07-23-2008 08:51 PM

Need 10 books with 150+

So, in English class, 9th grade, I have to read 10 books that contain at least 150+ pages. If the book has 300+ pages, it counts as 2 books.

So I was hoping MyMMOGames would suggest me some books to read.
I'm mainly interested in war, action, adventure, some fantasy.

10 books.
At least 150 pages.
300+ = 2 books, 450+ = 3 books, ...

And no, no dictionaries, thesaurus, encyclopedias, or anything of the sorts < <;;
And yes, I wish I could count reading internet pages as books...

Ascherit 07-23-2008 09:05 PM

Hmm...so you need to read about 1000 pages worth of books?

Well, for something fun, I would suggest Ender's Game or the Bartimaeus trilogy. 8D

Mysteria 07-23-2008 09:12 PM

Lol harry potter??? j/ks

Okay how about His Dark Materials Trilogy? Fun series and they unlock different dimensions like ours then they fight god :O

Waffles 07-23-2008 09:18 PM

The Maximum Ride series?

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
Maximum Ride: Schools Out-Forever
Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
Maximum Ride: The Final Warning

All of those books are usually in the 300-400 range.

n00bE 07-23-2008 09:22 PM

The Outsiders? The Great Gatsby?
not bad books and some people end up getting GG'd... er i mean killed by the end

kuyaBaka 07-23-2008 09:34 PM

"The Red Badge of Courage"
Read it and tell me what happens. I need you to finish before August 10th, please. ;D

I'm sure it's not going to be hard to find book sin the range. Stop by your local library or bookstore and pick up any thick and interesting books you find.

9th Grade Freshman . . .
"Lord of the Flies"
"Romeo and Juliet"
"Hamlet"
"Great Expectations"

All stuff I've read as a freshman.

TheRhymenoceros 07-23-2008 09:37 PM

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...........

lol now that I think about it, 11 books in the series(one more TBA) and the shortest one is around 600 pages...............

DemiGodDanzig 07-23-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senpai (Post 73873)
Hmm...so you need to read about 1000 pages worth of books?

Well, for something fun, I would suggest Ender's Game or the Bartimaeus trilogy. 8D

GD,got there first.
i really reccomend Enders Game.
a great read.

Catharsis 07-23-2008 10:39 PM

My kind of books will probably bore you... >_> I did Les Miserables for English class. ._.

Kudaranai 07-23-2008 10:45 PM

Twilight Series...though people claim it's a "fan girls' book"

it's good nonetheless. currently there are 3 books, they're like ~400 pages each, IIRC.

Guiles 07-23-2008 10:49 PM

*points at user title*

BoredomKillz 07-23-2008 10:50 PM

you could try the redwall series by Brian Jacques. i really enjoyed reading them and there are a lot of them in the series and each one has over 300 pages

mamoru 07-23-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bE (Post 73924)
The Outsiders? The Great Gatsby?
not bad books and some people end up getting GG'd... er i mean killed by the end

These are great books, I really loved reading the Outsiders. .-.

Kixira 07-24-2008 02:07 AM

I'd definitely recommend reading Ender's Game as well. I read that and the other books in the series in 9th grade I believe.

Since you said you're interested in war, I found The Things They Carried and Going After Cacciato (currently still reading this one..) pretty interesting. If you'd like, you can also give Catch 22 a try.

Luciane 07-24-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysteria (Post 73897)
Lol harry potter??? j/ks

Okay how about His Dark Materials Trilogy? Fun series and they unlock different dimensions like ours then they fight god :O

Don't even try that x_X
I did the first book for my English classes and it was so ****ing hard to read. The writer doesn't keep your attention in the first book and I really struggled to get through it. Really, it was boring for the first 100 pages or something like that.
This is my opinion though .-.

I liked The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan a lot, perhaps look into that?
The Black Magician (novel series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nihil679 07-24-2008 06:10 AM

Woo, lots of suggestions, thanks ^^
I already read The Outsiders back in... I think it was 6th grade :D

I read 2/3 of Bartimaeus's Trilogy, have yet to find the third in my libraries.

Catcher in the Rye doesn't seem as appealing to me |:

Lol, my friend had Red Badge of Courage, flipped through it, doesn't look so bad.

I've read most of the Redwall series, lost track of them though...

We're already reading Romeo and Juliet for English class...
I think Hamlet might follow after, not sure.

I'll write down everyone else's suggestions and check the library, woo, thanks @_@;;

james 07-24-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 74067)
My kind of books will probably bore you... >_> I did Les Miserables for English class. ._.

How? I got to page 100 in that, I couldn't stand the dullness. I watched the movie instead. o-O''
But I made sure to do the musical, to make it more proper.

ANYHOW, read Life of Pi. Good book, 300 pages. Finish quick and tell details. =3

mamoru 07-25-2008 11:57 AM

If you're still looking for books, I also recommend "The Graveyard Book". One of the better books I've read over the summer, it's fairly short and enjoyable. :)

TheCosmicLion 07-25-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciane (Post 74379)
Don't even try that x_X
I did the first book for my English classes and it was so ****ing hard to read. The writer doesn't keep your attention in the first book and I really struggled to get through it. Really, it was boring for the first 100 pages or something like that.
This is my opinion though .-.

I liked The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan a lot, perhaps look into that?
The Black Magician (novel series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it was easy to read ._. and its really good. dunno why people doesnt like it. but i like it alot. maybe im weird. but i doubt it ;3 cause the book is so freakin good >_< hehehe.
/hides

VorpalBunny 07-25-2008 12:09 PM

Read Neuromancer and Snow Crash if you like reading books about technology gone wrong, stuff on par with what happens in The Matrix or Blade Runner. I would avoid Great Expectations like the plague, since it's about a pathetic whiny emo boy who doesn't think he's good enough for a girl he really wants to hump.