Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-25-2008   #21 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRhymenoceros
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...........

lol now that I think about it, 11 books in the series(one more TBA) and the shortest one is around 600 pages...............
This. Read the first two books and you'll be done lol. The first book is 814 pages long. xD

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-27-2008   #22 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

The classics are decent for their length and interest level. Try Little Women, A Tale of Two Cities, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. They're all great. :]

07-29-2008   #23 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Okei guys, my English class finally took a trip to the library to get books.
I tried checking if The Black Magician series were there, but no luck.
Then I asked for Life of Pi, and, interestingly, the librarian was also reading it < <;;

So yeah, I'm reading Life of Pi for two books. Seems interesting so far.
I'll try the other suggested books for the next book reading thing.

07-29-2008   #24 (permalink)
why so serious?
Special

BatgirlZKE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BatgirlZKE Send a message via MSN to BatgirlZKE Send a message via Yahoo to BatgirlZKE
IGN: SelenaKyle
Class: Cat (Charm) to_entertainer
Level: 123
Guild: Pantsu

The Harry Dresden series is fantastic. It's about a wizard living in modern Chicago. There are 10 books in the series (so far) and each one is over 150 pages

Harry Dresden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

***Visit G0tham City!*Population*Industry*Transportation***

07-29-2008   #25 (permalink)
PolandSpring wut!?

KuroKoden will become famous soon enoughKuroKoden will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KuroKoden Send a message via Yahoo to KuroKoden
IGN: KuroKoden

GateKeepers series or The Road

07-29-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

RandomCrazyBuns is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kitkin/NatsuNoHime
Class: Cat/Bunny to_champion
Level: 16X/17X

Fantasy/another dimension: By Garth Nix-Keys to The Kingdom(There're 7 books in the series, it's at 6th now)
Vampire/Horror: By Darren Shan-Demonata series(6th books) and The Saga of Darren Shan(Completed)
Dragons XD: By Christopher Paolini-Eragon(2nd book,and is thick like harry potter series)

If you want erotica/fantasy/horror genre, try Anita Blake The Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton(It's at..book 13 now, i think there should be 24 books in the series altogether)
Ghyphon-Lion-AC-7X
MizuFloss-Sheep-MA-6X
~Jewlia~
NatsuNoHime-Bunny-AP-17X
PyroKitsune-Fox-DA+LK-5X
Bearick-Racoon-AP+HV-14X
KuroNami-Sheep-MA-7X

MyBrute-Fight me

07-29-2008   #27 (permalink)
yup

TheCosmicLion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to TheCosmicLion Send a message via Yahoo to TheCosmicLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemn
The classics are decent for their length and interest level. Try Little Women, A Tale of Two Cities, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. They're all great. :]
that! and, Diary Of Anne Frank

07-29-2008   #28 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

I suggest.. The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby???
Those two books sucked but I read them anyway

^ neither of those have your preferred genres so

additional i suggest Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers It's about war in vietnam.
or ..The Partner by John Grisham it's like a drama or something something about money and stealing.

Last edited by Vaizado; 07-29-2008 at 09:05 PM.

07-29-2008   #29 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Well, The Harry Potter books run about 700+ pages each, and are pretty interesting.

I also highly recommend Memoirs of a Geisha, both for it's story and because it destroys the popular misconceptions about Geisha being prostitutes. I think it goes to about 430+ pages.

Also, as far as 150-200 page books go, I'd recommend going old school, with Animorphs, Goosebumps and of course, my favorites: The Chronicles of Narnia.

Now go read Narnia D:

08-01-2008   #30 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Ender's Game, Ender's Game! D:

these swimming gays ruined my life

08-09-2008   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Keroscene is on a distinguished road
IGN: Keroscene
Level: 178
Guild: ~Destiny~

I love The Kite Runner, even though it may be a bit mature for freshman English. It has some controversial things in it which some parents might not want their freshman-aged children to read. :x

Other than that, I suggest The Book Thief. Its an excellent book about a youg girl living in Nazi Germany, rebelling in her own way. She lives with an adoptive mother and father, as her parents were sent to a concentration camp (Communists), and its about her day-to-day struggles in a war torn town/ country.

Not to mention its entirely narrated by Death.

I love that book.

08-09-2008   #32 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Houseboat on the Styx by John Kendrick Bangs

It's the first in a series of books that was later classified as "Bangsian Fantasy", which is where famous dead people deal with each other in the afterlife. Also, Bangs is a wit on par with Mark Twain, his books are hilarious. Even if they are over 100 years old.

08-16-2008   #33 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene
I love The Kite Runner, even though it may be a bit mature for freshman English. It has some controversial things in it which some parents might not want their freshman-aged children to read. :x

Other than that, I suggest The Book Thief. Its an excellent book about a youg girl living in Nazi Germany, rebelling in her own way. She lives with an adoptive mother and father, as her parents were sent to a concentration camp (Communists), and its about her day-to-day struggles in a war torn town/ country.

Not to mention its entirely narrated by Death.

I love that book.
I read Kite Runner for World Geography during my freshman year. :V The book starts off pretty boring, but then after Hassan's 'incident', it gets more intense and dramatic. The movie was pretty good, too.

these swimming gays ruined my life