ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Homework Help (http://ggftw.com/forum/homework-help/)
-   -   How do you stop procrastinating. (http://ggftw.com/forum/homework-help/1792-how-do-you-stop-procrastinating.html)

ZeR 06-25-2008 07:34 PM

How do you stop procrastinating.

Discuss.
I hate this history assessment.

One more thing, how do you memorise essays.

JC 06-25-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 23763)
Discuss.
I hate this history assessment.

One more thing, how do you memorise essays.

You force yourself into the thing you're procrastinating from.

Chobby 06-25-2008 07:40 PM

Write big amounts at a good pace if it's long term.
If it's short term, just do it all at once.

Always set some date to finish it by if it's long-term. So you have time to proofread it.

I usually memorize things by saying the first sentence, memorize it, memorizing the second sentence, and then putting them together, etc.

Cornflake 06-25-2008 07:41 PM

Procrastinating is a full time job. Sometimes it's just easier to do the work.

ZeR 06-25-2008 07:41 PM

i need a ban from this forum =/
I would so do this outside of my room if i didn't need the computer to type it up.

Crownworld 06-25-2008 07:44 PM

I've never been able to stop procrastination because I work good under-pressure
but for memorizing essays,
I would take a notecard, write down little highlights of the essay, remember those highlights, and when you're presenting it or whatever, the details should just recollect and magnetize itself to the highlights.

kuyaBaka 06-25-2008 08:25 PM

Do things ahead of time. Never later.
If you're a REAL big procrastinator, make yourself think it's due a week earlier. That way you technically didn't procrastinate, but your mind thinks you did.

Henreh 06-25-2008 08:27 PM

just do it. do it do it and don't stop till you're done. it's like me grinding??

Catharsis 06-25-2008 09:12 PM

I memorized my graduation speech by reading it aloud over and over again. Hearing it helps me commit it to memory.

Sheep 06-25-2008 09:29 PM

Studying it like grinding, it's either smooth and fast. Or a pain in ths @ss ;-; *attacks cathy*

Procrastination will always be there so long as your on the forums o;

ZeR 06-25-2008 09:34 PM

do hypnotic methods work??
I read it in a book, where if you listen to it while you sleep it gets ingrained in your memory.

Torikakae 06-25-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 24151)
I read it in a book, where if you listen to it while you sleep it gets ingrained in your memory.

That actually works, but I doubt it's called hypnosis~

Nihil679 06-25-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 24151)

Sleep-learning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Wiki, it doesn't work in real life. Could always try though, they say if you sleep on your homework/while doing your homework, you remember things.

And I always procrastinate until the last minute and somehow end up finishing it anyways < <;;

You could try locking everything away and throw yourself down on your homework.

Nanaya 06-26-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 23777)
You force yourself into the thing you're procrastinating from.

Best way to do it. orz.

As for memorizing, do whatever helps you. If all you have to do is remember the main points, read the essay then try to recall the points without looking at it, or writing them down helps too.

You have to stop procrastinating to do this though.

ZeR 06-26-2008 04:10 AM

It's okay i finished. Worked for 10mins, 30min break. Now im done :D

Pandaccoon 06-26-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 24093)
I memorized my graduation speech by reading it aloud over and over again. Hearing it helps me commit it to memory.

wow valedictory speech? O.O

Solemn 06-26-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 24093)

LOL, I did the exact same thing to memorize my valedictory address. And as for procrastination, it's like any other bad trait--easy to pick up, hard to let go. You can't expect yourself to say, "I'm done with procrastination starting tomorrow.", because it doesn't work like that (and you'd procrastinate on your promise :p). Gradually, start finishing assignments earlier in small increments (such as a day or two). Forcing yourself to think a long-term assignment is due earlier than it actually is--that's a very nice method. :D

Beato 06-26-2008 02:48 PM

This is a better question to ask your parents/guardians/friends/roommates.

We can suggest, but they can actually make it happen.

Lii 07-06-2008 06:21 AM

Procrastination doesn't hurt me as much anymore. This is how I procrastinate and if you can develop this, you will be fine in getting your work done.

1. I read the assignment that day it is assigned.
2. I think about the assignment throughout the day and try to find out how I would go about it. This way I will have a mental image of the layout I will achieve.
3. Then I go about the assignment 1 or 2 days before it is due.
4. I start on it 1-3 hours (depending how long the assignment is) and then take a break.
5. Repeat
6. Then it should be clear to you what you need to do.

Procrastination is only shown when you don't know what to do on that assignment. If you were clear on what was needed and how to go about it, you wouldn't be procrastinating.