Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-16-2008   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default US History Paper

Quick rant:
Spoiler!

Anyway, I need to type up a 5-7 page paper either agreeing or disagreeing with the statement given. I need to support my argument with materials from my book and/or outside of class (this means I need references and citations). [Totally ignore part of that -- it should be my job to understand that part]

Our first paper revolves around the following:
Quote:
American society was inegalitarian and antidemocratic from the time of the writing of the Constitution, and in the last 200 years the American political system has become even more antidemocratic and inegalitarian.
I've been to the library a few times for material on this, but the librarians told me that the timespan asked for this paper is a bit too broad -- as well as the fact that it includes egalitarianism and democracy. So, I call on the help of the MMOG-community to help me and collaborate on a few issues and events that would best support my argument. It at all possible, please cite your sources so I may take a little peek at them. I'm mainly looking for websites. My library doesn't have a big supply of US History-related text that is updated with today's views on the past. (The earliest book I could find there was published in 1972. q____q)

[Another problem I have with this is that I'm very stuck on which side to chose. If possible, please post your views on the issue so I can have different perspectives on it. My personal preference is to learn materials with different points of views to better understand what it is I'm trying to learn.]

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
Don't ask
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

The problem is that America is split up between people that are inegalitarian and egalitarian. Then there are the politicians that are controlling the elections and controlling our lives through media, lobbying, and fear.
However many citizens believe that egalitarianism and democracy are important.

So my stance is that the founding fathers have written the Constitution with egalitarianism and democracy in mind and many others agree, but there are a few people in the world that disagree. America has been a nation where opposing ideas conflict and fights begin, thus the start of the Civil War and the increasing amount of corruption within the government.

<--Doesn't want to debate about this. Just posting my opinion.

oh god

09-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjii
... Then there are the politicians that are controlling the elections and controlling our lives through media, lobbying, and fear.
After all my speculation on this debate, I totally missed this point.
That was pretty insightful, actually.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!