ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast Guides > Holy Beast Quest Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default Small Delicious Fish [Lv 10; Repeatable]

Small Delicious Fish

Kuya's Guide to this EXP goldmine

At level 10, you get an assortment of new quests to do, but one of them sticks out the most -- the fishie quest. The reason I want to make a guide for this quest is mainly because it's the easiest, and probably quickest way to level from 10 to 17 without getting power-leveled (although it helps).

Now, you don't need to do a quest like this, since there's obviously other quests out there you can do, and you're very much able to just grind out the EXP on monsters. But the thing is that when you grind, you'll find yourself having an empty site of monsters. Y'see, these monsters flee from that area, and generally have a bigger concentration in the next -- this means walking. It's a small walk, but it adds up after a while. And what's worse is that you get foes like 'Dancing Star' who take up something like 99.99% of the screen, blocking your view or a pack of Woolies that you didn't expect to lure.

Anyway, this is the lazy-man's guide to leveling early on.

The quest:
Small Delicious Fish (Located in Stardust Beach; by the dock/pier)

Where to kill:
Right by the NPC. :V

Your target:
Bettas* (you only need 5 delicious fish.)

If you're still too weak, but like the idea of 5 for 700 XP, you can go after Woolies, but that's quite a walk.

THE QUEST ITEM IS NOT AN 'AHMAGAWDRARE' DROP. You'll probably get one for every 2-3 kills, if not 1 for 1.

Your reward:
700 XP, and 80 Gold

If you see, the quest (killing + reward) gave me about 3% of EXP. Very little, yes? But it's the amount of time it takes you to finish it that's amazing. After some runs getting from Lv 15 to 16 with my friend there, we managed to get our levels within 30 minutes. We didn't even use our berserk to kill the fish.

The really cool thing about this, though?
THE FISH ARE SHARED WITHIN THE PARTY.

Get a bunch of people in a group and kill those fish. You'll start turning in the quest before you've finished killing your 2nd fish. Now, that's even faster. And you get more of the gold to boot! Nice way to bump up the wallet, too.

Now that you know how to do it, put it in action!~ 8D
(Of course, most of you readers probably don't even have CB Keys or can't get in. But now that you've read it, you shouldn't have any problems in the future. 8D)

For you Lv 16+'s, there's another repeatable quest in Windgrove. I just haven't done it yet. A few more snapshots and some experience, and you'll be reading another guide from me. ;D

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 01-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

Very beautiful guide~! I love guides with nice screenshots :3 Thank you for sharing this with us. The personal tips make it even better. Very easy and clear title to describe it as well. Kudos to you~!

01-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

vom53 has disabled reputation

Thank for the guide. It shall help many players in this community. BTW I see a tiny error in your guide. Mind fixing it? Thanks. Overall 9.7/10

01-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vom53
Thank for the guide. It shall help many players in this community. BTW I see a tiny error in your guide. Mind fixing it? Thanks. Overall 9.7/10
I won't mind if you help me by pointing out what it is. ;V

01-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Nice guide! You'll also get money faster this way.

01-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

so i see you partied with ciara again

nice guide

01-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
swiggity swoogity
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Mori you should do this quest with me. :< Those fish things hurt.

01-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
Mori you should do this quest with me. :< Those fish things hurt.
We've actually got a guild-party thing for this. You should've joined in earlier. ;o

01-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

T__T i guess ill try for that later, finding less n less time to play this lol. I did play with kuda though.