ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Raynor will become famous soon enough
Default I hope HB doesn't do this.

Make the game into a money milker like most other MMOs, I find it embarrassing sometimes that I would consider a P2P game to be cost effective compared to some F2P games (Looks at TO).

I hate how some game hosts purposely screw with the prices of everything and all the EXP rates, etc. (Looks at Latale)

I really hope HB does not go down this same path.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

I don't have any experience in the Latale department so I can't compare it to that. However I do have a little experience with Cyberstep and as far as I know they aren't really money-hungry predators of doom .__. It would really surprise me if they would screw this one up :3 although you never know what's going on in their head right now.

02-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
Play Ikariam?
Special

PlayerKiller is on a distinguished road

Lol usually the P2P games are more cost effective. People tend to go overboard with refining items and boosters from my experiences.

If HB turns into another Trickster Online it'll be a mighty shame because the game has a nice concept to it.

Ikarium - Odephus - Lambda world
Retired - PlayerKiller - 2xx Dark Dragon [R.I.P]

02-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

As someone who is currently playing WoW, I guarantee you that it IS more cost effective than games like Trickster and LaTale.

$15 a month for lots of content and no shelling out money for ingame advantages (besides maybe buying from gold sellers) is nothing. $15 for a new set of HAX equipment in order to compete with everyone else and look "fashionable" among other things adds up over time.

Unfortunately, the WoW community isn't that much of a step up from TO and LT's..... Yes, the stereotypes of Night Elf and Blood Elf players ARE true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

But yeah, there's been plenty of greedy american companies charging for things like this, let alone charging for things that are FREE in other versions. (Enchanting in LaTale. And let's not forget 12FT and how they charged for Lime and raids in Lunia..... If only more people would not buy from such companies and screw them over like they did with 12FT.)

02-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Raynor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame
As someone who is currently playing WoW, I guarantee you that it IS more cost effective than games like Trickster and LaTale.

$15 a month for lots of content and no shelling out money for ingame advantages (besides maybe buying from gold sellers) is nothing. $15 for a new set of HAX equipment in order to compete with everyone else and look "fashionable" among other things adds up over time.

Unfortunately, the WoW community isn't that much of a step up from TO and LT's..... Yes, the stereotypes of Night Elf and Blood Elf players ARE true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

But yeah, there's been plenty of greedy american companies charging for things like this, let alone charging for things that are FREE in other versions. (Enchanting in LaTale. And let's not forget 12FT and how they charged for Lime and raids in Lunia..... If only more people would not buy from such companies and screw them over like they did with 12FT.)

It's really sad when you think about it. P2P games are supposed to be the costly "High Quality" games, yet F2P games cost just as much or more to get sub par content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelynn
I don't have any experience in the Latale department so I can't compare it to that. However I do have a little experience with Cyberstep and as far as I know they aren't really money-hungry predators of doom .__. It would really surprise me if they would screw this one up :3 although you never know what's going on in their head right now.
Well We've seen half rate EXP (Probably will be changed, but we don;t know for sure), we know that it can be a slippery slope.

02-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

hm... TO screwed over big time. Latale isn't as bad. But Holy Beast seems to be clear of all greedy companies. But who knows. At first TO started out great. But it seemed they got a bit too bent on money.

02-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Not to mention Revolution screwed everything up.

02-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
Play Ikariam?
Special

PlayerKiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame
Not to mention Revolution screwed everything up.
Lol, I wanted to come back after Revo but I just couldn't get into it. They changed so many things it really wasn't worth the time figuring it all out again.

Ikarium - Odephus - Lambda world
Retired - PlayerKiller - 2xx Dark Dragon [R.I.P]

02-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but HB is run by Perfect World company, who's known for the $_$ in the PF MMO.

02-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

sooner or later it will happen even if they don't offer hax item in cash shop, item that boost exp, eq upgrading chance etc.. will be a sell out and there will prolly be random lolbox.

shareholders demanding high return on investment makes company go money hungry.

02-06-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Proxy is on a distinguished road

If our cash shop is going to be anything like the Japanese Cash Shop, there's going to be a LOT of stat boosting items and items to help enhancing. Clovers that give 50% increase, prevent breaking. Clovers that give 100% success rates, etc. CS items that increase magic attack by 30% for an hour or two, ones that increase physical attack for an hour, movement speed for 30 minutes, etc. etc. etc. List goes on. There's also fashion items in their CS. Only way it could really "ruin" the game is if they priced them really high. =x ( Ex: $20 for a skill reset. Damn you gpotato~! )

In any case.. I've never really seen CS as a game ruining thing. Since most of the time, if not always, you can buy them from other people, which for the most part puts people at an even playing field eventually. One could argue that you don't have enough gold to buy from other people; but in this game gold is relatively easy to get.. unless you're below level 20, which you probably shouldn't even bother spending on stat boosting items cause it's so easy to level anyways. >_>

ANYWAYS.. yeah.. My thoughts on the CS system.

02-06-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Well, looks like this will just be more of the same afterall.

Let's just hope they'll be the one to get it right and at least disable CS items for PVP.