ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Holy Beast General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/holy-beast-general-chat/)
-   -   Suggestions for Holy Beasts (http://ggftw.com/forum/holy-beast-general-chat/37100-suggestions-holy-beasts.html)

Raynor 01-28-2009 10:58 PM

Suggestions for Holy Beasts

What are your suggestions for Holy Beast?

PlayerKiller 01-28-2009 11:04 PM

I suggest they get the log in working so some of us can play :)

Shoo 01-29-2009 06:33 AM

the login should work with internet explorer (for most) or firefox (for everyone else). if one doesnt work for you try the other. if they both don't work then try only logging in by using the HBO desktop shortcut. if it still doesn't work, then i have no idea what's wrong, lol.

a BIG suggestion from me would be to add a warping item in the game. it's tiring running from windgrove all the way back to the city.

Faelynn 01-29-2009 10:36 AM

~ Doing something about innapropriate use of the chatting channels
~ Warp NPC's or items that help us move from town to town easier.
~ Make alt + H remove your own name from the screen as well. (quite bothersome when trying to take nice screenies X3 )

Be sure to post your suggestions on the official forums as well :3

Fineti 01-29-2009 02:12 PM

Mainly warping. Kafra pls

Kudaranai 01-29-2009 03:12 PM

Warping Q_Q

Show Party member locations.

Sanichi 01-29-2009 03:13 PM

Locations and Non-Browser based log in.
Thats all.

Tecca 01-29-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 692419)
Non-Browser based log in.

This. I really don't like the idea of having to load up the game from the web site. Especially since I need to use IE, when my primary is FireFox.

Badger 01-29-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 692417)
Show Party member locations.

this

where'd you go?

where are you XXXX?

Where are you?

where are you guys at?

Also, better descriptions for skills and adding descriptions onto buff/debuff boxes on the top of the screen

Faelynn 01-29-2009 04:21 PM

Nicer description of the skills would be a gift from Heaven :3 It's doable but it feels like Engrish to me X3 It wouldn't bother me so much if I did not have to input descriptions like that into the Wiki.

The Party Member Locations is a nice suggestion too .__. can't be too hard to add in :3

Jumpstart 01-29-2009 04:34 PM

Most I can say is change screen resolution -____- i hate full screen games. Log in would be nice if it was for FireFox/Safari because it took me since CB started to find my Internet Explorer. But i havent tried parties so not sure on the location thingy...

Badger 01-29-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFireFtw (Post 692552)
Most I can say is change screen resolution -____- i hate full screen games. Log in would be nice if it was for FireFox/Safari because it took me since CB started to find my Internet Explorer. But i havent tried parties so not sure on the location thingy...

Screen resolution options are actually better than average on holy beast, lots of sizes i rarely see and widescreen support. Its just their window mode options are currently backwards and you have to turn window "off" instead of "on" to get window mode

Shoo 01-29-2009 08:40 PM

another add-on to the party thing would be to add party mates and pack mates on the enlarged map. and to arrange the skills shown at the skill matter in order from lowest to highest (or vice versa) level obtainable.

Kudaranai 01-29-2009 10:01 PM

Yeah, I'm glad to have the various sizes of resolutions.

Ascherit 01-29-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fineti (Post 692327)
Mainly warping. Kafra pls

This. :py53:

Traveling from Bird Castle to Daybreak and back just to turn in one quest is facepalm-worthy.

kuyaBaka 01-31-2009 12:35 AM

Make the non-GvG Dungeons instances, and take off the excess halls and rooms.
Add a warp-system.
WASD movement.

Faelynn 01-31-2009 04:42 AM

I never use WASD movement x_x; I can't work with it at all. But it would be nice for those who prefer to use the keyboard. Hmsss...perhaps implementing some strategic party (not guild) dungeon quest? With strategic I mean working together to unlock certain areas to get through the dungeon. For instance each standing on a correct tile to open a door, kill the correct monster that is carrying a key, perhaps a mini boss at the end? Sounds like a fun thing to do perhaps and it wouldn't require your friends to be in the same guild.

Fineti 01-31-2009 10:39 AM

If not WASD than at least some movement AI. That's always nice in click-to-move games.

kuyaBaka 01-31-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faelynn (Post 694724)
I never use WASD movement x_x; I can't work with it at all. But it would be nice for those who prefer to use the keyboard. Hmsss...perhaps implementing some strategic party (not guild) dungeon quest? With strategic I mean working together to unlock certain areas to get through the dungeon. For instance each standing on a correct tile to open a door, kill the correct monster that is carrying a key, perhaps a mini boss at the end? Sounds like a fun thing to do perhaps and it wouldn't require your friends to be in the same guild.

Sounds like Dofus. :V
Yeah, that'd be neat. Then the "activation site" (where you'd have to step on the tiles or something) could be like a "waiting/lobby room" for people looking for parties to get in or something.

Kupo 02-01-2009 05:27 AM

They have cashshop only warping items. >_> Friend warping, Castle warping for the different animals, and you can set a point to warp with one item, and warp with another.