ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough
Default Clone wars? u_u

Hi everyone,

This might seem like a weird title in the middle of the Holy Beast General chat but I wanted to discuss something x3

Going through the few topics this section has so far I feel like I read the word Trickster Online way too much already. I'm surprised no one has been calling it a WoW clone yet... I understand where everyone is coming from with the comparision but it really bothers me. Holy Beast Online should not be compared to Trickster Online at all. They are far from similar besides the fact they both belong in the same genre of games x3

Trickster Online lures people with their animal-like characters only to discover later on that the game does not resemble playing with animals as main characters at all. I myself was quite dissapointed that the tail and ears were just a part of the equipment u__u (even though I couldn't wait to take off the sheep horns...female horned sheep, now I have seen it all!) But enough about Trickster Online already x3 or this thread might have to be moved.

Either way I just wanted to explain that this game is far from Trickster related. The animal feature is this game really is one of the central pillars. Just like with humans not every animal is suited for every job and some will excell in a job more than others. The Clan you pick will decide your path in life. You can't expect a squishy yet graceful dragon to show up fully packed as a tank and dishing out major damage. (Well you can actually attempt this but it will be a long and painful road since his stats are not really optimal for it .__.) You are truely an animal that will learn to shapeshift into human form and back for your own enjoyment. You are able to battle in beast form and human form. As you grow stonger so will your character and the beautiful part of it all is that your beast form will grow (change appearance) into a stronger beast form depending on how far you advance in the game. This is truly a very nice feature that will encourage you to keep going.

For those who are expecting animals Trickster style might get dissapointed. Unlike the tough eastern dragons in Trickster this game features beautiful elegant eastern dragons. The only thing they share is their love for magic. The Taurus is actually a very adorable yak creature instead of a hornwielding menace. I know many might not like the graphical style of this game but as you play it is really not as bad as it seems on screenshots. For those who dislike cute and eastern style games this might just be a bridge too far. Either way I strongly suggest you experience the gameplay before you start comparing it to other games. :3

/endrant .__.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

We're only calling it a 3D TO, or comparing it to TO for fun. It's just a joke, lol. Most of us used to be (or still are) TO players. It's just poking fun at our history :>

01-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

I knows you guys are just saying it for fun x3 I can't help it but it bothers me so much. I just needed to vent the frustration a bits. I was having a discussion with some people online who were 100% convinced that it was just a Trickster clone. (even thought they probably just wanted a beta key) It pushed me over the edge with the Trickster jokes here too o_o; rawr!

"HBO is 3D Trickster..."
"No, it's not!"
"Yes, it is!"
"Noes!"
"Then prove it to me and give me a beta key"
.__.

Some people are saddish, I thought there were still keys left so why begging for the ones already handed out? >_<

01-22-2009   #4 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

they just want your key :U

01-22-2009   #5 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

such meanies T-T they'll never get it! *runs off clutching the key*

ONTOPIC: I actually like the eastern dragon design .__. don't know if anyone else has seen their movements yet but it's really nice. They really did a good job bringing out the 'elegant' on the draggy.

01-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

You know what?

Anything that is made 2D MMORPG is a Maple Clone.
Anything that is made 3D MMORPG is either a RO clone or WoW Clone.

^_____^;;

01-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

Tenelax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tenelax Send a message via Skype™ to Tenelax
IGN: Tenelax
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 105
Guild: FrenchBread

I loled... but RO clone? Naaah I never saw that :V Either Maple or WoW are used as stereotypes :S

01-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Secret of the Solstice is an RO clone lol;;

01-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

So many so called clones out there .__. *nibbles on some biscuits* It's already the 23th here! >_<

01-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

It's been the 23rd for 12 hours and 29 minutes here. @-@

Where do you live Faelynn? ;o~

01-22-2009   #11 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

I live somewhere that would require me to go nappy nows~
I wonder what timezone HBO goes by o_o; for all I know it might be another day until release!

*sobs*

I should think less x_x; upsetting myself...

01-23-2009   #12 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
Most of us used to be (or still are) TO players. It's just poking fun at our history :>

This lol. Ive noticed a lot of people that signed up for beta are retired or current TO players lol.

I just cant learn when to retire from TO ]: gd

モノノ怪

01-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil

This lol. Ive noticed a lot of people that signed up for beta are retired or current TO players lol.

I just cant learn when to retire from TO ]: gd
I retired in less than an hour... even when Yuki gave me 1m to start off ;<