ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Guides > Gunner Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-22-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

puchong is on a distinguished road
IGN: The good game
Class: The good class
Level: The good level
Guild: The good guild
Default Male Launcher Guide

(This is in the right section, riight? x-x;) -First time making a guide.
Tiny Notes:
~Sub weapons are skills which you use another weapon like Gatling Gun or Flamethrower.

Ohaithar! Are you wondering why you should become a launcher?

Launchers are awesome classes, and easy to use for me. But before you make your decision, be sure to know the Pros and Cons.

Pros/Cons
Pros:
  • Good long range skills
  • Nice attacks
  • Decent mobility
  • Good in team matches in pvp, in my opinion

Cons:
  • Slow attacks (Depending on your attack speed)
  • Normal x-combo is useless with Hand Cannons
  • Mp-Consuming Monsters
  • For some people, combos are hard to do on launchers

Equipments used
-For launchers, heavy armor gives them power. Launchers can also use leather armor, as it gives them attack speed. But, if you don't have enough attack speed avatars or equips, you won't be able to see much difference if you have all leather armor on vs. all heavy armor.
-Launcher specialize in hand cannons, and you need a hand cannon to access one of their skills anyways.
Skills:
This color means that the skill is super armored
Launcher skills

-M-137 Gatling Gun-
~Level 1 needed for BBQ and Sub-Weapon Crusher
~Level 5 needed for FM-92 Stinger
One of the first skills you should have with you. This skill lets you take out a big gun, and shoot 14 bullets straight on the x-axis of the map. This skill should be at 5.
-M-3 Flame Thrower-
~Level 5 Needed for Fire Pillar
Decent mob-attacking skill. This skill shoots out flames, burning monsters near you. However, this skill doesn't go very far. Leave this at 5.
-BBQ-
(I thought you turn enemies into food when I saw this skill ._.) BBQ allows you to kick your enemies upward with Jack Spike, then shoot them with Gatling Gun. Just doing this skill does both skills for you. Some people want to max this, however, the damage doesn't increase that much as it levels. You have invincibility when you're using this skill.
-Cannon Ball-
~Level 5 needed for X-1 Extruder
Cannon Ball lets you shoot out some yellow ball thing from your hand cannon. o_o (Yes, a hand cannon is required to use this skill.). You may charge this skill, but the charged ball shoots out automatically after a few seconds. You're super armored only for the first second when you use this skill.
-Sub-Weapon Crusher-
Have you ever hated it when you use a sub weapon skill, but the monster got too close before you blasted it? This skill lets you hit the monster back with your sub weapon, just far enough to get hit. This skill helps me a lot :D. This skill is often used to juggle by pro launchers with anus-loads of attack speed. Leave this skill at level 1. You don't need to make that hit strong.
-Hand Cannon Mastery-
Improve the attack speed, as well as strength of your hand cannon, because you know you won't always be spamming skills through the dungeon, unless you have tons of mp potions.
-Heavy Firearm Mastery-
Makes your sub weapon skills use less mp. I would max this skill.
-Steyr AMR-
~Level 5 needed for FM-92 Stinger
Shoot a super fast bullet. If the bullet lands on an enemy, the bullet explodes, and the explosion can hit other monsters. This skill should be maxed in my opinion.
-Fire Pillar-
Basically a better version of M-3 Flamethrower. It is more narrow, and the flames go farther. When you use this skill, the screen moves a bit in the direction you're facing, so you see farther. You can also move slowly when you're using this skill. Max this skill.
-Eagle Eye-
One of your only buffs. Increases the damage and hit rate of your sub weapons. Max this skill!.
-Laser Rifle-
~Level 5 required for Charge Laser, Quantum Bomb, and Satellite Beam.
This is one of the main skills that make launchers awesome in a Team Death Match. Shoots a light-attribute laser far across the x-axis. Leave this at 5, or max.
-Charge Laser-
~Level 1 is needed for X-1 Extruder
Oh look. An upgrade on an awesome skill....Charging the laser makes your laser stronger, and more wider. so it gets more on the y-axis.
-FM-92 Stinger-
[Needs better description] This skill shoots -I don't know- into the air, which lets go of bombs, so..it falls...I guess...AND THEN A BOOM D:. Keep this at 1.
-Quantum Bomb-
~Level 3 needed for X-1 Extruder
~Level 5 needed for Satellite beam
One of the prerequisite for your awakening, Satellite Beam. You aim this skill, and when the location is decided, it shoots down a big bomb, which hits whatever it lands on, then explodes.
-X-1 Extruder-
[Needs better description + Info] The Launcher gets a big cannon looking thing out of no where, then shoots a devastating ball of destruction D:<. You can aim the direction of the ball when it fires, as well as charge it before you shoot. If monsters are in front of the cannon thing, the ball takes them along until it explodes.
-Satellite Beam-
[Need information + description]
-Cancel Skills-
Only get it if your launcher has a lot of attack speed, or if you know how to do this stuff on a launcher.

Other Skills
-Jack Spike-
~Level 5 for BBQ
Knee's enemies upward by a couple pixels.
Ariel Fire
Buff which lets you shoot more bullets in the air. For hand cannons, you can use this skill to get you to places fast. Good for mobility. Leave at level 1
-Windmill / Rising Windmill-
~Level 5 Windmill to get Rising Windmill
Break dance? Your character gets it down and attacks surrounding enemies. Rising windmill lets you use windmill when you're on the ground, and you can use it when you're slide kicking (dash -> x). I have windmill at 10, because the speed to use it is less as it levels.
-Mach Kick-
Kicks back and enemy, with a chance to stun. Personally, I don't see any use for this skill on a launcher. I have to get close, and I have nades and windmill to sub-in for this.Get this at 0 or 1
-Punisher-
The only super-armor-breaking skill for a launcher. You somehow get the enemy under your feet, and you shoot a couple times. Dirty dirty trick. Again, I have no use for this, as I escape super armor skills. Keep at 0 or level it to 1. You are invincible when you're shooting down.
-RX-78 Land Runner-
You know those darn mechs and those darn robots? Yea...They're only good if they're high level, and if you're a mech. But, you can use this as a distraction in pvp, but I don't use this skill. I zone in with slide kick ->rising windmill. Level it to 1 or keep at 0
-G-14 Buster-
This skill are those nades. You "recharge" this skill to get more nades. You get 5 in a dungeon, and 3 in pvp. As this skill increases, not only does the damage increase, but the explosion increases as well. Useful to get dudes zoning in you from the y-axis, also useful to get them into BBQ. Level this to 1, 5 or max.
-Quick Rebound-
Important fellow. Sure, rising windmill can substitute this, but don't forget about cool downs. Get this skill :D
-Backstep/cancel backstep-
For a launcher, I see no use of this skill. Most jobs use it to help with their combo's, or to escape attacks. As a launcher, I don't use backsteps in my combos. And to escape crap? Jump+shoot back, or slide kick your way out.

So that's it!
At the end of all this, you should be getting somewhere to this:
AradSociety - Skill Planner .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to give suggestions, and extra information to improve this guide
Please critique (criticism is welcomed)
~p.s. If someone can put those skill icons on this guide, or even make it look nicer, that'll be cool ;]

Last edited by puchong; 03-23-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-22-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Laser Rifle should be maxed. It's one of your strongest skills and scales well because it's based on fixed damage.

Fire Pillar is a weaker version of Flamethrower. It's only maxed because it has superior range at the cost of very little power.

The only cancel skills that are useful for a Launcher are Cancel - Flamethrower and Fire Pillar and Cancel Rising Shot. Even then, they aren't essential, because Cancel skills are only needed for air combos.

The general combo for Launchers is Flamethrower/Fire Pillar (cancelled immediately) -> Steyr AMR -> Laser Rifle/Stinger. The fire weapons give hitstun, even when they're only pulled out for a second, which gives time to get a Steyr AMR in, which keeps them stunned long enough for a finisher, like Laser Rifle or Stinger. Take note that this is a ground combo.
The cancel skills only come into play if you want to turn it into an air combo, which in turn would be Rising Shot (10+) -> 1 normal Hand-Cannon Shot -> Cancel to Flamethrower -> Fire Pillar -> Steyr.

Considering that most NA Launchers generally just run and snipe, even in 1v1s, the Cancel skills are useless.

The G-18 Buster is magical damage, and the Launcher is a low Int, Physical damage-based class. This skill is useful enough at 1. Level 5 is useless, because only Spitfires can cancel grenades. Maxing it is solely for the range. The damage is mediocre for Launchers, especially when the level cap is increasing and people are getting better armor.

03-23-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Maxed laser in pvp will not be helpful that much, because it's hard to land a good charged hit on the opponent. If a hit is landed, a good combo can do more damage than a max charge'd laser -i think-,
But sure, maxing laser may not hurt

Fire pillar is also maxed because of the movement for a character, making it harder for enemies to escape. The movement speed increases as it levels.

Cancels are recommended for people who know how to do combo's well.

As stated as in the guide, G-18's explosion range is greater upon leveling, which means it's easier to get to the opponent. Maxing this is not for power.

And note: ANY character should NEVER rely on their power over their maneuverability.

Edit: And for me, the basic launcher combo for Launchers are Nade > BBQ > Steyr; I see myself and many others do this o-o;

Last edited by puchong; 03-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.

03-26-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchong
Maxed laser in pvp will not be helpful that much, because it's hard to land a good charged hit on the opponent. If a hit is landed, a good combo can do more damage than a max charge'd laser -i think-,
But sure, maxing laser may not hurt

Fire pillar is also maxed because of the movement for a character, making it harder for enemies to escape. The movement speed increases as it levels.

Cancels are recommended for people who know how to do combo's well.

As stated as in the guide, G-18's explosion range is greater upon leveling, which means it's easier to get to the opponent. Maxing this is not for power.

And note: ANY character should NEVER rely on their power over their maneuverability.

Edit: And for me, the basic launcher combo for Launchers are Nade > BBQ > Steyr; I see myself and many others do this o-o;
nade > BBQ > Steyr is the ONLY combo NA Launchers do. The flame hitstun combo was what many Launchers in kDnF do, and I personally find that it does a lot more damage.

The combo I previously mentioned is a way to get off Laser Rifle (uncharged) into a combo. Just because you can't charge Laser Rifle in PvP doesn't make its damage weak. If you're in a Team PvP, then there's absolutely no reason not to max Laser Rifle when it's easy to fire one off in all the confusion.

There's a reason why I said cancels are probably useless for Launchers in NA. Cancels only work for NORMAL attack strings, as in from X -> skill. If the only "combo" Launchers in our region use is G-18 -> BBQ -> Steyr AMR, then why would they need any cancel to begin with?

03-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Which is why I say cancels are for people that know how to use it, meaning people that know how to do combo's that keep the opponent stuck. There are some people in NA that have cancel skills, (which scare me in pvp) ;-;

Fire/Flame (tap) > Steyr > Laser is an effective and easy combo, but I can't stand the thought of missing with the fire, and the opponent charging in, or using it on people that do super armor skills a lot. I use that combo for people who I know I can land it on. But I prefer doing NA Launcher combo's where you don't require much. And I like fitting in a charged laser.

My favorite combo: Dash kick > wind mill > nade > BBQ > Steyr > Cannon ball (when they get up) > nade > Charge laser until they get back up.
When I get higher level, I can fit a quantum in there ._.

But for the most part, I agree with you. There is a noticeable difference in DFO characters and DnF characters, in terms of skill potential.