ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Gunner Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/gunner-guides/)
-   -   Builds (http://ggftw.com/forum/gunner-guides/60205-builds.html)

Dread 10-11-2009 01:09 AM

Builds

Here a Ranger build i might try in the future...i used the skill simulator to lv60 for it.
Silver/Freezing Bullet lv1
Steyr AMR lv1
Land Runner lv1
BBQ lv5, Cancel BBQ lv1
M-3 Flamethrower lv1,
Gatling Gun lv5, Cancel Gatling Gun lv1
Backstep lv1 , Cancel Backstep lv1
Jack Spike lv5, Cancel Jack Spike lv1
Rising Shot lv5, Cancel Rising Shot lv1
Wind Mill lv5, Cancel Wind Mill lv1, Rising Windmill lv1 , Triple Clutch lv1
Punisher lv5, Cancel Punisher lv1
Mach Kick lv5, Cancel Mach Kick lv1
Pan Revolver lv10
Fastest Gun lv5
Headshot lv18, Cancel Headshot lv1, Western Fire lv1
Revenger lv1
Air Raid lv1
Death By Revolver lv10
Multi Headshot lv5
Moving Shot lv5
Wild Shot lv5
Death Hawk lv1~5
Sudden Death lv6
Scud Genocide lv5~7
Air Shot lv none~10
Physical Critical Hit lv none~10
Physical Rear Attack lv ??

So here my build what you think?I can take out same points for Scud Genocide/Death Hawk for Air Shot or maybe i shouldn't even bother for it....Physical Critical Hit should be nice with Death By Revolver right 10% should be nice for it maybe the back one too...

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?...YbwWfuJfwBbwOb

buta 10-11-2009 01:27 AM

I don't know much about gunners, but the Physical Rear Attack skill is definitely not worth it since most monsters will be facing you when you play.

And I'm assuming this is before the patch that gives us cheaper cancels/backstep/backstep cancel?

Anima 10-11-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 1010328)
I don't know much about gunners, but the Physical Rear Attack skill is definitely not worth it since most monsters will be facing you when you play.

And I'm assuming this is before the patch that gives us cheaper cancels/backstep/backstep cancel?

Actually, a lot of rangers get Physical Rear attack for Double-gun Hawk, which 100% of the time, will land back attacks.

And also, i wouldn't suggest getting BBQ anywhere past lv1 for SP sake, and since you can just Jackspike > BBQ.

JustinBieber 10-11-2009 10:26 AM

Max both physical crit attacks.
Max fastest gun.

You don't need BBQ, Gatling Gun, Land Runner, Steyr AMR or Freezing Bullet. No clue why you have level 5+Cancel for a bunch of skills that aren't needed later on.

Shadow5YA 10-11-2009 11:20 AM

The Physical Crit passive only increases crit rates by 0.1%. Not worth it.

Also, more than half of those cancels are unnecessary. The only cancels I'd find useful is Rising Shot, Headshot, and Triple Clutch. The only one I'd deem necessary is Headshot Cancel.

Sanichi 10-15-2009 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolWut (Post 1010603)
Max both physical crit attacks.
Max fastest gun.

You don't need BBQ, Gatling Gun, Land Runner, Steyr AMR or Freezing Bullet. No clue why you have level 5+Cancel for a bunch of skills that aren't needed later on.

QFT. BBQ will be out damaged later and Land runner is int based.
Freezing bullet is useful but you will never gt to get it to its maximum use. Steyr AMR will also throw you off in skill points.

Cancel Backstep is worth it though.

Shadow5YA 10-15-2009 06:25 AM

And Physical Critica Hit maxed only gives you 1.0%. Check again at the ingame description. It actually says it increases crit rates by "<decimal point 1>%."

Nihil679 10-15-2009 06:35 AM

At level 10, it gives 10%.
Stacked with Rear, it gives +15%, meaning a total of 25%, on top of skills like Headshot's level 5 critical rate (+13.2%), that's almost 40% critical hit rate, maybe more with equipment set up. It's a lot of SP to spend, but I think DFO-World (zzzzz) states that having Critical Physical Hit also gives a 150% damage increase in critical hits (x1.5, not +150%)

JustinBieber 10-15-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1014447)
Stacked with Rear, it gives +15%, meaning a total of 25%, on top of skills like Headshot's level 5 critical rate (+13.2%), that's almost 40% critical hit rate, maybe more with equipment set up. It's a lot of SP to spend, but I think DFO-World (zzzzz) states that having Critical Physical Hit also gives a 150% damage increase in critical hits (x1.5, not +150%)

Western fire is also adds 120% to headshot's base damage.

Shadow5YA 10-15-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1014447)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5...nshot00000.jpg

Explain.

buta 10-15-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 1014653)

̥* - * Wiki*
Go find the crit icons.

You'll note that <decimal 1> is not a number.

Don't question Dot. He's breathing wiki. >_>

Shadow5YA 10-15-2009 12:49 PM

Oh good... at least that means I really didn't waste SP after all. FFFF Nexon America for the fail translation >_>

Nihil679 10-15-2009 09:32 PM

I might like to mention that a couple of skills in DFO have faulty descriptions. What you see as <decimal 1> is MOST LIKELY a shortcut line to the skill file itself. In the unpacked files, skills are separated as the description text and the actual skill file. The description, from what I've seen, uses commands like that <decimal 1>, leading to the skill file with the correct input (such as it recognizing that you have a level 4 Physical Critical Hit, therefore it should properly state that level 4 = +4% critical hit rate, so it will show 4 where <decimal 1> is).

Not exactly fail translation as much as it's a mistake in coding. That's what I believe, at least.

Verde 10-16-2009 09:09 AM

sudden death is the worst skill you can ever touch, scud genocide.. i normally would say leave it at 0 because moving shot is much better :py53:

JustinBieber 10-16-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verde (Post 1015741)
scud genocide.. i normally would say leave it at 0 because moving shot is much better :py53:

Haha, you made my day.

Nihil679 10-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verde (Post 1015741)
sudden death is the worst skill you can ever touch, scud genocide.. i normally would say leave it at 0 because moving shot is much better :py53:

Sudden Death has its uses. The HP limit could be higher, but it would be useful in PvE, and those rare chances in PvP when you need a couple shots to kill and you miraculously work in an instant kill with their HP low enough. Maybe.

and Scud Genocide is probably one of THE BEST Awakenings I know of, having a very wide range as well as a rapid DPS. Stacked with spraying bullets and mid-air hangs (maybe even invincibility frames), you are a temporary castle of defense.

Moving Shot is a buff. Enough said.

Shadow5YA 10-16-2009 07:14 PM

The reason why some people dislike Scud Genocide is because the percent damage per shot is weak in PvP. I suppose it's made up by the sheer number of hits, but it's meant more for large bosses than smaller people. The same applies to Wild Shot, where the hits are barely stronger than the regular Ranger's shooting. It's great for the wide range, but it's not something you would want to max.

Oh btw, you will want to max Air Raid if you plan on PvPing. I thought it was just the rising kick at first, but when I read the details again, I realized that it allows you to slide and move while Windmilling >_>

Verde 10-31-2009 10:58 PM

you're not even aloud to use awakenings, its cheap -_-

Nihil679 10-31-2009 11:01 PM

>its cheap.
Cheap is a matter of opinion. Triple Slash is cheap. Slayers are cheap. Gunners are cheap. Super armor is cheap. Exorcists are cheap. Just because those are my opinion, does it mean they're banned?
It's these types of things with, "YOU CAN'T USE IT BECAUSE EVERYONE BANNED IT BY ORDER." is stupid. Sure, I'll accept it if there was an official tournament rule used by DnF/Korea, otherwise, if just player community, that's plain retarded.

JustinBieber 11-01-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verde (Post 1033943)
you're not even aloud to use awakenings, its cheap -_-

Tell that to all the gunners who WINMILL to MACHKICK to JACKSPIKE to BBQ to SHOOTING ON THE FLOOR (or STEYR AMR).