ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Gunner Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/gunner-class/)
-   -   Ranger VS Spitfire (http://ggftw.com/forum/gunner-class/58582-ranger-vs-spitfire.html)

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 04:01 PM

Ranger VS Spitfire

Can't decide hur dur.
I know one is like punchkickeon and the other is like a mage. Where exactly do they excel at.

Also, I ruled out launcher because I'm not a fan of slow weapons...I auto-rejected mechanic because everyone and their grandmother is one. (Also, no moar robots for me plz)

Moofey 09-22-2009 04:10 PM

I once read on the Nexon forums that the ranger wasn't a very good subclass. Whether or not you believe it is up to you.

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 04:18 PM

Meh, chose spitfire.
I saw that they advance later into Vipers while Rangers advance to Desperado.

Viper is a cool name. Desperado is generic.
THIS IS HOW I CHOOSE MY CLASS.

Lacerta 09-22-2009 04:34 PM

If you were some PVP addict I would have said to take Ranger, since in the official leagues for DnF, Rangers take a majority of the top ten spots.

Otherwise Spitfire is pro :>

Zeke 09-22-2009 04:43 PM

Every class is good in end game. Just depends on how well you can play and how well you know your class in pvp

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacerta (Post 989975)
If you were some PVP addict I would have said to take Ranger, since in the official leagues for DnF, Rangers take a majority of the top ten spots.

Otherwise Spitfire is pro :>

Too late, kinda. Already a spitfire. :U
And I'm not into PVP much.

Anima 09-22-2009 05:13 PM

Darn, Spitfires are really bad at soloing at later levels, they're very party dependent and their awakening isn't that great either. Even though i love spitfires i definitely wouldn't recommend becoming one >:

Rangers on the other hand are very good solo'ers and with the right build and equipment, they do a heck of a lot of damage to multiple enemies at a time.

I would've suggested rangers cause they're easier to use even though a lot of people say they cost a lot, which they do... but its always good to have a +14 weapon for lv50+ anyway for any class.

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anima (Post 990011)
Darn, Spitfires are really bad at soloing at later levels, they're very party dependent and their awakening isn't that great either. Even though i love spitfires i definitely wouldn't recommend becoming one >:

Rangers on the other hand are very good solo'ers and with the right build and equipment, they do a heck of a lot of damage to multiple enemies at a time.

I would've suggested rangers cause they're easier to use even though a lot of people say they cost a lot, which they do... but its always good to have a +14 weapon for lv50+ anyway for any class.

okay so why did you post in here just to tell me I made a shitty choice?

Anima 09-22-2009 06:56 PM

Yea i guess, sorry .-.

JustinBieber 09-22-2009 07:12 PM

Have fun with your Viper while I'm clearing through mobs with my Desperado's amazing scud genocide. :]

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 07:15 PM

thanks guys, guess I ought to kill myself now huh?

JustinBieber 09-22-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraderJoe (Post 990148)
thanks guys, guess I ought to kill myself now huh?

It takes around two days to get to 18, no worries.(I can get to 14 in one day's fatigue bar)

Sorry if I sounded rude in my first post. `-`

There are a crapload of videos on scud genocide on youtube, this isn't the only one.

Ultimaga 09-22-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolWut (Post 990154)
There might be a wipe going into official too.

It was said a long time ago that there won't be a wipe. And it was reiterated post-patch

JustinBieber 09-22-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimaga (Post 990263)
It was said a long time ago that there won't be a wipe. And it was reiterated post-patch

Meh, I don't really read those. `-`

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolWut (Post 990154)
It takes around two days to get to 18, no worries.(I can get to 14 in one day's fatigue bar)

Sorry if I sounded rude in my first post. `-`

There are a crapload of videos on scud genocide on youtube, this isn't the only one.

It looks like everyone and their mother's unborn fetii will be playing that.

Nihil679 09-22-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraderJoe (Post 990291)
It looks like everyone and their mother's unborn fetii will be playing that.

Funny, I just ran by cluster of Gunners in town today. I mean, there must have been five to nine Gunners standing in one place, no one else was around.

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 990308)
Funny, I just ran by cluster of Gunners in town today. I mean, there must have been five to nine Gunners standing in one place, no one else was around.

I mean desperadii.

Dagurasu 09-22-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraderJoe (Post 990341)
I mean desperadii.

Mechanic seems to be the popular choice for now, or so I've heard. I like my Ranger though, that's all that matters right?

Nihil679 09-22-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagurasu (Post 990359)
Mechanic seems to be the popular choice for now, or so I've heard. I like my Ranger though, that's all that matters right?

Seeing a lot of those flying balls around, I'd support that Mechanics seem pretty popular.

Just flip a damn coin next time or something. That's how I chose Fighter over Magician. GLAD ABOUT IT EVER SINCE.

TraderJoe 09-22-2009 10:00 PM

Oh well, I'll play my spitfire anwyay.

Once I hit viper and I can summon four gunslinger girls to aid me, everyone will be so jeliz.