ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Character Types > Gun Class

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves
Default Newbie Gun Formation.

So, I'm starting to play this for the first time with a gun class main character. Could you guys recommend a formation that would work well with this?

Thanks, Holy.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

Hi. A good gun build in PvP and PvE will utilize column damage and a lot of ranged units. A basic suggestions:

Cookie-Cutter:
Sword(LK)|Viking|Sword(BT->Spartan)
Gun(Main)|Artillery(Cannoneer)|Gunner(Janissary or Inventor)
Monk|Shaman (Oracle)|Prophet

The idea in PvE is to Seth/brutal your middle line and let it pwn things. In FL (PvP), you have sufficient ranged units to apply decent stun pressure and do damage to boot.

If you're PvP-oriented, I'd take the above build and sub an Exo for the LK or Prophet (keep Prophet in PvE, use Exo in PvP). In ABFL, I'd sub a princess in for the prophet.

09-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by badna0
Sword(LK)|Viking|Sword(BT->Spartan)
Gun(Main)|Artillery(Cannoneer)|Gunner(Janissary or Inventor)
Monk|Shaman (Oracle)|Prophet
Funny, that looks like my all-around build ._.

You thief!!

09-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

I would suggest at later levels to drop the cannoneer and move the prophet into his place. This frees up one slot at the back for either a Princess (to buff your ranged line) or an Elementalist for some AoE love.

I personally find that outside of general trash killing, cannons aren't that useful as their damage is far lower than guns or bows, and they cannot hit flying. The only thing they have going for them is their splash for stun. In PvE anyway stun is not useful at all.

Boomy's build is a good solid allrounder build however.

09-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

wat.

My Smoke Bomb does wonders. :<

10-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

wat, smoke bomb + royal signet pwns in detriot. Clear house on all gun mobs in there with one combo.

10-04-2009   #7 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin
wat, smoke bomb + royal signet pwns in detriot. Clear house on all gun mobs in there with one combo.
What about AFTER Detroit? I'm more looking towards the expansion (Aztec, Lijang, Jiuzhaigou, Bulgkasa) type content. When i took my cannoneer for a trip to Aztec and Lijang, he was close to effing useless... I got more utility out of damage spiking with a Pirate.

10-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Detroit gun mobs aren't all that formidable anyway..I remember killing them on town quests without any problems (and this was with my ultra slow killer gimped non-will formation). Recently I was killing some machine robot things in Dallas (forgot their names, but they were on the same floor as Muns and wagons)...now those were pretty crazy >_> massive damage.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

10-04-2009   #9 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Outdated Mining Robots. I love the magic attack of those guys, LOLSPARTADRILLU! It looks epicly lol but does hit quite hard if your frontline has low MDEF.

Anyway, back on topic about Cannoneer. Smoke Bomb never loses utility, it's value is the -ACC to mobs, which can be really useful. But Smoke Bomb aside, cannon normal attack is very weak compared to gun or bow, and doesn't hit flying. Before I got a 2nd B class merc, my formation was;

NVik/LK/Spartan
Prop/BowM/Jani
Ora/Monk/Can

The way i run my lines, frontline is for melee seth, midline is for ranged seth. I found that my Cannoneer was relegated to sitting in the bottom right corner and doing nothing but Smoke Bomb. I found that in place of the Cannoneer, i could stick an Elementalist and get a LOT more utility out of her. Putting the Cannoneer in the midline was a bit of a waste as while sething him was good for the splash damage on trash mob groups, it was poor damage overall compared to a single shot from the Prophet.

That's just me though, my formation is very highly geared towards PvE and specifically BOSS KILLING. I actually don't do that well towards 3v1 trash mob groups. A Cannoneer (or any cannon type merc in general) is VERY good for use when fighting 3v1 as they have a high multi rate. Doesn't work well for me so meh, this is just my personal opinion.

Boomy's line is a very good 'all round' midline.