ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Guardians (http://ggftw.com/forum/guardians/)
-   -   The Great Guardian Migration- Poll (http://ggftw.com/forum/guardians/120537-great-guardian-migration-poll.html)

Nebula 01-24-2013 01:31 AM

The Great Guardian Migration- Poll

Here is a poll the question is
What game shall we head to?

Whilst the poll is open for everyone, I will only count votes from guild members.
If you do not have ggftw, mail me your vote.

Google the games first.

Other votes
Ragnarok: Yoha, Momo, Pinky
Dragon Nest: Mimi

Spankeroo 01-24-2013 02:06 AM

Just to highlight one thing, the vote for Ragnarok will be based upon a PS called TalonRO. Has all the hax stuffs and Bosses, a nice low increment, 900 hats and hundreds of hair dyes and hair combo's. Also has 1200+ players on at once.

Going a main stream Ragnarok would be a waste of time as insane low levelling and they have up to 8 years of head start.

In ALL reality my preference would be something that got released on 3rd of January 2013, being the 3D Ragnarok Online. But at the moment it's only in limited Asian countries. It's one game I shall definately look at once open to world (btw the release is actually in English only but they locked it to Asian countries, funny).

Also, I do not know the all of the other games - they could very well be good.

We're a world wide family in my (and every fellow guildies) eyes. It would be great to move en masse.

At this point I shall briefly write that I am so honoured to have met you all, to have become your friend and to call your my friend. Every one of you is honest, down to earth (except L who is in a Space Ship orbiting Mars) and a pleasure to be around.

*guild hugs*

P.S. I have had a large number of my very good friends from over the years (not in guild) also asking what I'm doing. We could have a very large 'flotilla' sailing to new shores. I also will be contacting those guildies who for certain reasons are not active at the moment to let them know what's happening.

DELiTO 01-24-2013 04:38 AM

I really like some of the games' graphics and gameplay but... I went to their forums, I asked them about how difficult it is to reach top level. They said it wasn't hard, so I am afraid we will reach end-game way too soon and the game might become boring...

Take your time to vote ! We have 1 month. Make sure to check each one of these games carefully.

I played TalonRO for a while, I have a max level character there. It is really fun, it requires a lot of team-play but, as B said, they have a 8 years of head start...

Don't forget, there is no turning back to this choice. We can't migrate all the time, there is probably a lot of guild member that are not joining the Noah's Ark. Choose wisely, use your inner binoculars to foresee the future.

I am still to check the other games and I will edit this post as soon as I get a clear insight of them.

Excessive 01-24-2013 09:04 AM

I haven't tried Ragnarok to judge but I really like DragonNest, sadly it's not so varient in classes but still one of the best, so it will have my vote..

Joy 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

WHATT. I don't see League of Legends as one of the options?!

fate23 01-24-2013 09:29 AM

I'm not a member of your guild but i started playing TalonRO a few days ago. It's okay, I'm around level 60+. I only playing it for fun so taking it kinda easy not really hardcore grinding so I'm very far away from max level. I played this RO mainly because of the player base and it is not as hard to grind compared to the official one.

LauraMix 01-24-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle (Post 1800773)
WHATT. I don't see League of Legends as one of the options?!

To be honest, I've heard some bad things a bout LoL.

Joy 01-24-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1800779)
To be honest, I've heard some bad things a bout LoL.

Tbh, I think after Trickster closes people will drift from their friends.. which is sad and true. The game brought people closer and yes League of Legends has one of the worst gaming communities but gather up your Trickster friends and play on it together. It actually is a very fun game if you're with your friends and in a call. This way you can also stay closer to the friends you met on Trickster.

Excessive 01-24-2013 09:46 AM

I have problems with LoL starting with my constant disconnections, they'll ban players for disconnecting during matchs, right? :x
Edit: checked Dark Ages, it has no appeal to me, I don't see anything special, even a web-browser-based game could be better :/

Joy 01-24-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excessive (Post 1800783)
I have problems with LoL starting with my constant disconnections, they'll ban players for disconnecting during matchs, right? :x

Aww.. ;-; Tbh, if you d/c a lot do not play until you get a stable internet. It is your internet right? I know for a fact I hate it when a player dc's because it does fk up the game especially for the dc player's side.

Also yes, you do get reported for leaving games but if you ever get it to work let me know. o:

Draft 01-24-2013 09:58 AM

Me and few Polaris people are looking for a game too.

You guys should make a FB page like us, we kept in contact even when almost all of us quitted TO.

--
I always wanted to Harkon and chat 1:1 with you Nebula, but that's a fading dream now...

LauraMix 01-24-2013 10:30 AM

Free to Play games on Steam

DELiTO 01-24-2013 03:30 PM

We are looking for a cute-fantasy mmorpg, a replacement for Trickster. LoL doesn't meet these requirements.

HeadNsodA 01-24-2013 06:39 PM

for game choosing:
I'll choose the control system, the same thing as Ragnarok Online and Trickster Online. Pluz I had played many Ragnarok Online for pretty long time ago before i get to Trickster Online, so I would say that Ragnarok Online is easier to gathering all of us. And it could run for slow computer (B's word).
For Talon Ro, which B saying. I have many old Ro Friends were still playing there too. This is 1 of another reason I like actually.

DELiTO 01-24-2013 08:27 PM

Ohhh... Something familiar about this soundtrack?? hahah.

Legend of Edda Fortress of the Flying Dragon - YouTube

This video is 1 year old, not sure if it's the same game but still :D

Nebula 01-24-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELiTO (Post 1800993)
Ohhh... Something familiar about this soundtrack?? hahah.

Legend of Edda Fortress of the Flying Dragon - YouTube

This video is 1 year old, not sure if it's the same game but still :D

Sounds like pokemon?
Edda is in beta at the moment, as they revamped the game.

Mis 01-25-2013 12:40 AM

Well, my suggestions

1.Like what L said, must be OK for most people's computer status.
2.Like what bri said, better be a new or kind of new server or stuff llike that
3.It better be an RPG game, coz all RPG games have similar ways of playing.
4.It must not be hard to learn, as some people aren't that good at LOL or even DOTA.
5.Please open this vote until eTO actually ends, we don't know what will happen, and I believe there are people just like me, won't vote before going through infos of any possible game I know or I will know.

and... pray this is totally just a nightmare.

fate23 01-25-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mis (Post 1801054)
Well, my suggestions

4.It must not be hard to learn, as some people aren't that good at LOL or even DOTA.
5.Please open this vote until eTO actually ends, we don't know what will happen, and I believe there are people just like me, won't vote before going through infos of any possible game I know or I will know.

should actually remove rule 4 as dota and LOL isn't an MMORPG, they're considered as MOBA.

Nebula 01-25-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mis (Post 1801054)
Well, my suggestions

I plan to move once I have finished y hat screenshot project and get a guardian on jewelia. After that I will oversee our migration.
The reasn that we move before TO ends is so that we can get as many guild members as we can.

Sakurah 01-25-2013 11:19 AM

I'd vote Ragnarok since I've never played it before but it looks pretty nifty. ;o

But since I've pretty much decided on taking a break from MMOs in general after TO closes and Idk how long that will last, please don't count my vote. (I haven't voted in the poll either because I don't want to mess anything up)

But I'd like to stay in the loop via the forums to keep touch and hang out with you guys once more when I feel like playing again. ;o