ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Fantasia (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/)
-   -   Wow....I'm actually enjoying this game. (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/80026-wow-im-actually-enjoying-game.html)

NegaRutabaga 08-03-2010 06:26 AM

Wow....I'm actually enjoying this game.

I'm usually skeptical around the 3d mmorgs (Cabal, Flyff, Holy Beast). But so far I'm not finding a problem with Grand Fantasia. I'm only around 2x, but I'm liking a lot of the features you start with. I mean when I heard you can make your own equip sets and you're build is not bound by skill points...I was like " are you serious ". Even got a mount to look forward to at 40+. I don't know, if there's something bad about this game, I haven't run into it yet. I'm not a fan of Aeria and kind of wish they had tighter account security. But that's about it.

I decided to try a sage, since I like the hybrid concept. I always play magic classes, but being able to melee when I want sounds nice. Only wish the female magic avatars were a little less gaudy, but at least they don't look like complete sluts in this game (big plus for female gamers). Yeah the guys don't mind playing a character that looks like a stripper...but the girls usually want something that doesn't look like Paris Hilton in scale leather.

I laughed when I found out that the wizard in this game is actually one of the beginner-friendly classes for once. Cheap too. I might try one. But for now I'm having fun with my hammer sage.

Oh and I love the sprite system. They're so cute. And actually tradable omg. My guardian sprite is armor and the sets it spits out help me a lot rofl.

Reinshiki 08-06-2010 03:38 AM

You will definitely hate the crafting for high level equipments like Legendary yellow equipments.

Unless you're not interested in super high stats.

What server do you play on?

NegaRutabaga 08-07-2010 07:07 AM

I'm on Alice.

And yeah, I'm not really worrying about god gears, since I'm strictly anti-PvP. I'm playing 2 characters now and I don't want to bother getting the perfect equips for both. I like using the stuff I make myself, since it feels like more fun. And cheap rofl.

I chose sage and wizard, since my friends told me those can survive on crap equips for PvE easily. So I just stick with orange stuff and do fine. Everybody's telling me PvE is crazy easy and that's actually what I like, since I'm casual.

Krooow 08-07-2010 07:14 AM

^ What a coincidence, I also have a Mystic & an Archmage lol. You should see female sage's armors at higher levels :py35:

But yeah, most classes here can survive even with just blue equips :P

Marzai 08-08-2010 10:41 PM

Hmm. I might pick this game up again. I did enjoy myself a good deal as a sage-in-training, but I find them too common and all over the place.

I might start over with an Axe warrior or something. And of course, use an armor sprite.

kuyaBaka 08-09-2010 09:02 AM

I'd pick up the game again, but I'm financially tied to Dofus (just renewed a 3-month subscription yesterday), and I can't help but look back on all the times I would punch walls because I can't craft any decent gears without a good 7-8 fails (half, destroying the previous equipment).

Amanda 08-09-2010 11:29 AM

I forgot why I stopped playing this game after the CBT ended.

Krooow 08-09-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaRutabaga (Post 1313370)
Unfortunately the max durability also goes down....just for repairing your equips.

Actually, you don't automatically lose max durability each time you repair your equipments. I believe it's around 50% chance of either lowering its max durability or restoring its durability(from 0/100 to 100/100).

For upgrading, the equipment's durability(not max dura) will only drop to 0 if you failed on your attempt.

Reinshiki 08-10-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krooow (Post 1313387)
Actually, you don't automatically lose max durability each time you repair your equipments. I believe it's around 50% chance of either lowering its max durability or restoring its durability(from 0/100 to 100/100).

For upgrading, the equipment's durability(not max dura) will only drop to 0 if you failed on your attempt.

Yes, that sounds about right.

You don't really have to worry about durability really. It won't go down that fast, so it's actually not too big a deal.

... Well, says me. Since I hardly lose durability in weapons and armors... Not sure about others.

LostHearts 08-17-2010 12:52 AM

woooot! i love grand fantasia so much... i love to collect items and fill it in the book... ^^

NegaRutabaga 12-02-2010 09:47 AM

You know what, I realize this is incredibly late...but I'm gonna post this anyway. I need to.

I was wrong to put down this game before.
Completely wrong (yeah kind of looks goofy now since I deleted the big rant over it).

Anyway um a while back after that happened, I had a change of heart and returned to GF. Been playing around like 2 months actually. And I take back all the bad things I thought about it. The durability system does NOT kill this game. In fact it's never been an actual issue for me all the way past lv 60. And I stopped to grind my masteries during that time! And it STILL took forever for one of my equips to finally bust from repairs. Mostly because I usually don't upgrade stuff past +5, but....you don't really need to in this game. I survive off crappy normal equips and still do nice damage. When an equip finally dies, I just have my sprites make a new one. Or I buy it right out of the auction hall with chump change.

You all were right. The durability loss thing is nothing if you know what you're doing. I didn't then. But I do now. And it is not a problem anymore. I have not spent a dime on this game's cash shop and I still have an awesome time playing. I even bought all the cash items I wanted through the auction hall...with ingame gold I made just by grinding. So I look like a cash player, but I'm not.

I'm sorry for giving such a bad impression of this game before. I had to come back and say something. I apologize if I chased anyone away from trying it out. As far as I'm concerned, this game is about as close as you're going to get to WoW-level playing in a free-play mmorg.