ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Fantasia (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/)
-   -   Sprite theories? (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/65768-sprite-theories.html)

flaris 12-09-2009 04:07 PM

Sprite theories?

What is your theory for keeping your sprite happy/ecstatic?

This is one I got from my guildie, and I only managed to get eclectic once I used it.

Slave all your want until 25%, leave to heal up to 100% naturally, repeat.
Talk to your pet whenever it comes back from a job, only once though.

And that is the basics of it.

Anybody else's?

kuyaBaka 12-09-2009 04:12 PM

When trying to craft gears, wait 10 minutes between crafting the first to the second. Gears that require another gear as an ingredient should be given a longer period of time (15-20 minutes) between crafts. So far, I've gotten quite a lot less fails than normally using this technique.

Don't constantly send sprites out to do jobs. Give them a good 5 minute break between to give them some time to regenerate some energy or something.

PocketOfLove 12-09-2009 04:15 PM

My main sprite has never gotten sad with me. It's only been "normal" mood with me about four times total.

What I do is just send it out on jobs until it gets to about 10-15% stamina left, then leave it alone til about 50%, then send it out more.

Sometimes I feed it the biscuits when I'm training so it can keep picking up my drops.

If the sprite fails while doing a job, I leave it alone for maybe around 10 mins.

My sprite's been ecstatic MANY times, and gets a LOT of positive events if I continuously do the same job over and over with it.

BeanMarine 12-09-2009 04:15 PM

I've tried to use the chatting method, but it doesn't seem to change my sprite's mood.

His (Yes, I've given him a gender :3 ) mood seems pretty dictated by what Event occurs during his action. If he trips and bumps his head, he gets depressed. If he discovers some awesome mining area, he becomes elated.

I send out my sprite to work a lot, in hopes that he'll encounter a happy event and move on with his depression.

kuyaBaka 12-09-2009 04:42 PM

Constant tasks is really a gamble, since you might overwork him and his mood will deplete, even without events.
(Btw, are you online right now? I can invite you if you're in channel 4. /o)

Daegari 12-14-2009 10:45 AM

It's easy to keep a sprite happy! Use the Mood pots from the sprite shop! Nothing like drugs to keep 'em happy.

DarkMaverick 12-14-2009 06:05 PM

I usually just send my sprites out constantly and whenever their mood decreases I just hit chat 5ish times and it goes back up.

Don't afk for 9 hours. They will hate you. XD

Nihil679 12-14-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMaverick (Post 1093267)
I usually just send my sprites out constantly and whenever their mood decreases I just hit chat 5ish times and it goes back up.

Don't afk for 9 hours. They will hate you. XD

Wait, what?
Leaving Grand Fantasia up overnight will cause Sprite mood to decrease overtime? X:

Henreh 12-14-2009 08:31 PM

They get bored, lonely, and emo. A few chats help with that

DarkMaverick 12-14-2009 08:33 PM

I had to drug mine to make them happy again.

Fuze 01-05-2010 01:08 AM

Ugh they just want us to spend excessive amount of our game money in grand fantasia for sprite Drugs or goodies <_< some of my sprites can be delt with just by talking. Others well...eh i just sometimes feel like kicking one in the face...

Marzai 01-12-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuze (Post 1114763)
Ugh they just want us to spend excessive amount of our game money in grand fantasia for sprite Drugs or goodies <_< some of my sprites can be delt with just by talking. Others well...eh i just sometimes feel like kicking one in the face...

What do you expect from a f2p company? However, for this game, it seems easy enough to keep them in a good mood, especially when their stam is above 75%-ish. No need to cash for Sprite drugs.

But I guess Sprites can have their moments where they get a little iffy. My guess is due to the amount of Relationship that they have toward you. Sprites that you get from the drop have only 25% of that Relationship bar filled (at least it looks like 25%...), which means if they mess up, they could probably care less. Hence why (from my experience) the Sprites that I got from a drop stay at the Normal mood.

...But that's just a theory, I guess.