ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Fantasia (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/)
-   -   Question about Parties and bossing. (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/65267-question-about-parties-bossing.html)

Shiki 12-04-2009 04:00 AM

Question about Parties and bossing.

Does anyone here knows how parties work when it comes to exp share?
Previously I was on a party on PC,and I received 10k exp for the boss. When I did it today for the remaining 2 bosses, I gained no exp at all.

More Info: I'm a Priest and I did the same things I did for both runs: Spamming heal on the tank.

Krooow 12-04-2009 04:32 AM

Hmm, what are the levels of your team mates?

Shiki 12-04-2009 04:50 AM

mainly around the 20s....oh,and a level 35 :/
They actually have such a steep party gap?

WhatThePho 12-04-2009 02:54 PM

The max level difference between characters to get any exp is 4. Not sure if they compare between the highest and the lowest or just between each char though.

Krooow 12-05-2009 04:27 AM

Hmm, I think it was 4-5 lol. I remembered partying people 5 levels above and below me and I still get exp. Oh also if someone in your party is 9 levels above the monster's level, you won't get any exp as well.

Shiki 12-05-2009 05:03 AM

such complicated systems :/

PocketOfLove 12-13-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePho (Post 1080318)
The max level difference between characters to get any exp is 4. Not sure if they compare between the highest and the lowest or just between each char though.

Is this for bossing, or regular parties? 'Cause I just plvled a new char from 6-25 when I'm lvl 37.

For bossing what I came to find out is if the level number under their image is a grey/black color, you and your party don't get any exp for it. I did a couple PC runs to help some guildmembers and we received no exp.

But when I was level 29, there were party members that were level 20 and we all managed to get exp in PC. Even when we killed that big ugly crab boss we still got exp, 9 levels apart.

Krooow 12-13-2009 06:41 PM

Oh, I think I've figured out the party system here lol.
If the member with the highest level in your party is killing the monster appropriate for his level, then everyone in the party can obtain the exp.

Example, I am level 35 and my friend is level 10. I'm killing those Hill Giants(35) at Angoya Island. Both of us will get approximately 600 exp each.

kuyaBaka 12-13-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krooow (Post 1092069)
Oh, I think I've figured out the party system here lol.
If the member with the highest level in your party is killing the monster appropriate for his level, then everyone in the party can obtain the exp.

Example, I am level 35 and my friend is level 10. I'm killing those Hill Giants(35) at Angoya Island. Both of us will get approximately 600 exp each.

Next question: can we double-client? 8D

Mitchi 12-14-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuyaBaka (Post 1092163)

I managed to have two open at the same time, but I don't have two accounts to test this with lol.

I don't wanna make a second account, I'm lazy (though my husband played Pi story so he probably still has an Aeria account I could 'experiment" with :jj:)

Only thing I know about parties is one person killing a monster (like a boss) will count for everyone (Medi and went to kill the big pig in shell hill and I died, but I respawned before she killed it, and even though I was on the other end of the map, it still counted for me.)

Runesse 12-14-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuyaBaka (Post 1092163)

Double-client is possible. I am yet to try with 3 clients.