ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Fantasia (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/)
-   -   Grand Fantasia (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-fantasia/59718-grand-fantasia.html)

Dani 10-05-2009 03:11 PM

Grand Fantasia

I saw this in one of my msn contact's screen names.

Grand Fantasia - A Fantasy MMORPG from Aeria Games

I can't really say much in regards to it being hosted by aeria (after seeing what happened to Megaten and Pi Story, after all), but I thought I'd post it just for everyone to see.

kuyaBaka 10-05-2009 10:52 PM

I keep thinking to myself "DOMO DOMO DOMO"

Amanda 11-06-2009 06:46 PM

Just noticed you could sign-up for closed beta now.

Anyone planning on playing during Closed Beta? D:

I'm going to try to take Amanda.

I've been Amanda on most of AGE's games, so I wunnu take it on GF too @.@

Nihil679 11-06-2009 07:36 PM

I was wanting to play it, but seeing it on Aeria, bottom priority. |:

Graphics look similar to FlyFF based on the screenshots too. I'm not exactly fond of it, but I don't hate it either.

and Classes are just so typical.

Amanda 11-06-2009 07:37 PM

Why don't you want to play it because it's on Aeria? D:

Nihil679 11-07-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda (Post 1042384)
Why don't you want to play it because it's on Aeria? D:

Dream of Mirror Online. Game Sages. Community.
Other than the last one, majority of people that have experienced with Aeria would know a lot about the first two.

I absolutely despise the Game Sage system, which SHOULD have been a GREAT volunteer system that turned into a piece of crap that needs to be burned at the stake.

Maybe if enough /gg FTW people play, I might decide to try it out. It looks way too typical though, and the videos I've seen off loadstart on YouTube weren't that impressive.

Yumidesu 11-07-2009 03:16 PM

The community is terrible on Aeria. That's the only thing I can figure out that's bad about Aeria. o.o;

Either way, it reminds me a lot of WoW. Lol. *-* I intend to playz eet.

Amanda 11-07-2009 03:46 PM

Yeah, the whole GS thing is dumb.

The community.. Well, I played DOMO on CBT and OBT, like 3 days after official release. The community was ok at the time o-o

Only other game from Aeria I play is Wolfteam sometimes, which does have a bad community, considering it's an FPS and people always ***** in FPS games.

Community isn't as bad as most though.

Like Ntreev's. That's just horrible.

Yumidesu 11-07-2009 04:19 PM

I don't get the GS thing. @@

Try playing some of their games that have been out a while now. Like Shaiya. Then you'll see how crappy their community is. ESPECIALLY once you hit the 15~20 where you get to open PvP.

Nihil679 11-07-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda (Post 1043450)
Yeah, the whole GS thing is dumb.

The community.. Well, I played DOMO on CBT and OBT, like 3 days after official release. The community was ok at the time o-o

Only other game from Aeria I play is Wolfteam sometimes, which does have a bad community, considering it's an FPS and people always ***** in FPS games.

Community isn't as bad as most though.

Like Ntreev's. That's just horrible.

I played DoMO for quite a while, and I have an acquaintance that played up until a few months ago. By the time I left, the world chat was consistently flooded with what you'd expect from Grand Chase's world chat, and everything was down the gutter.
My acquaintance used to provide the manual patches for DoMO. He stopped and was coincidentally banned after under some vague excuse.
Hate it.

The Game Sage thing should have been great. A volunteer "moderator" system that just gives you close contact with Game Masters so if something happens, you can immediately report it, and you also help people with questions and represent the sort of conduit of information between the community and the Game Masters.
Yeah, Aeria screwed that up. Game Sages in DoMO were able to "test" costumes, they took control of game events (if anyone remembers the first PK event in Darkdale), they acted like monarchs and tyrants, they broke into little alliances of "he said-she said", they had MAJOR favoritism and could go by Game Masters and rules. Oh boy, isn't that a load of something.

Going back on topic, is anyone even going to BOTHER with this game, after everything Aeria crapped on and puked out?

Amanda 11-07-2009 10:05 PM

I'm still going to try it out.
The sprite-system thing is neat imo.

And the graphics are cute~

Tea 11-07-2009 10:17 PM

might.. try it .. see how things go with my schedule

Amanda 11-07-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 1043790)
might.. try it .. see how things go with my schedule

Yush play it with meh Tea<3

Irisu 11-10-2009 10:40 AM

I'll be giving this game a shot as well. Hopefully it's good enough for me to stay. :]

sumaznguy611 11-15-2009 08:09 PM

Grand Fantasia

Anyone going to try this game when it comes out in open beta? it looks kind of interesting from the videos...almost like a combination of WoW and Luna online

Amanda 11-15-2009 08:12 PM

Already a thread about it.
/forum/game-discussi...-fantasia.html
Use the search function next time.

And yeah, I'm going to play it once beta starts. I already know were to get some good sprites~

Amanda 11-18-2009 03:37 PM

Closed beta has started.. Or is starting o_o
Just noticed I had an e-mail to download GF.

Tea 11-18-2009 05:23 PM

i just got the email too.. i think it starts at 7PM PST .. o.o i could have misread it though.

WhatThePho 11-18-2009 05:30 PM

The CBT started earlier than the announced time, it's up already.

Tea 11-18-2009 06:14 PM

their new way of downloading the client is ghey.. :{