11-22-2009   #41 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Juutilainen is on a distinguished road
IGN: Do you want to know?
Class: Invader
Level: Semi-Pro Rank 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
I might play later tonight... Freaking work held me over.. im probably behind from everybody still Q__Q .. i still have your staff Kroooooooo ... I dunno if you still need it though.. D:

EDIT: you can get a key from one of their partner websites. They wont give a key from signing within the official website. I think that sign up is already over with if im not mistaken... *shrugs* i could be wrong..

EDIT2: yes there are a lot of quests.. I still have a bunch of quests to do and I'm leveling faster than i can complete them D: But i think when you get to lv 20+ it starts to get slower...
Well, at least it's good to know that there's plenty of quests from lv. 1-20.
Since this is only Closed Beta, I'm not really expecting much higher level quests yet. However, I sure hope that during the game's launch, they also put in a lot of higher level quests, because grind-based MMORPGs gave me nightmares (I'm looking at you, Flyff and Maplestory...)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-22-2009   #42 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Screw quests. Just buy crap load of exp boosters and hit 30 for more content.

It's not worth your time doing tedious quests when the wipe is going to be in 4-5 days.

11-22-2009   #43 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

So due to some miracle, I was able to log into Grand Fantasia without needing a CB Key

It seems okay so far, and the game runs decently on my average laptop (220 GB HD space, 3 GB RAM, 2.0 GHz processor, 140 MB Video Card, Broadband connection), although it suffers from slight framerate problems. It's still very playable, though.

I'm only lv. 3 at the moment because I'm really busy, but at this point, leveling seems to be very easy , and I also have quite a lot of quests to do.

Once I'm able to job change, I'm going to try to become a healer class, which will be a first for me, because in the MMORPGs I've played in the past, I've always played as either ranged classes like archers and gunners or tank classes like Knights. This time, though, I'm gonna try choosing a magic-based class. I just hope it won't be too hard being a healer though ^_^;

But yeah, both GF and Neo Steam interest me, but I can only devote myself to one MMORPG. I've already spent some time on Neo Steam and leveled up my gunner there to lv. 34. Now, I'm going to spend some time in GF and level up my character to maybe lv. 25-30, and then I'll decide which of the two games I want to continue.

11-23-2009   #44 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

Assassin is a fabulous class.

Extreme high dodge rates with two dodge/attack speed buffs. The Assassin melee skills have rather long cooldowns compared to that of the archers, but the problem can be solved if you've invested a bit of your time into crit rate/damage talent cards. There's also a vanish skill along with a high damage skill that can only be used when the player is vanished.

11-23-2009   #45 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

At this moment, I'm a lv. 10 Acolyte now. Being a healer didn't seem as bad as I thought it would be, or at least, for now. I love how Acolytes already get a powerful AoE spell at this point of the game (I think its name was Flame of Glory, I kinda forgot). I love charging that AoE spell to max power, walking into a middle of a huge mob, and unleashing it on them. It's so fun to see a huge mob get blasted and die all at the same time while giving me tons of EXP.

I also love to just walk up to wounded players and fully restore their HP. The problem with that, however, is that some of those players would then chase me and beg me to party with them. x_x

11-23-2009   #46 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

That happens with all games that has a healing class. People love support when they can mindlessly kill without looking at their health meter.. some people get co.cky though.. *shrugs*

11-24-2009   #47 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juutilainen
But yeah, both GF and Neo Steam interest me, but I can only devote myself to one MMORPG. I've already spent some time on Neo Steam and leveled up my gunner there to lv. 34. Now, I'm going to spend some time in GF and level up my character to maybe lv. 25-30, and then I'll decide which of the two games I want to continue.
Don't do it. Quit while you have the chance! QQ

Showing some minor interest in this game, though I probably won't play closed beta just because I'm lazy to download right away and jump heads in.

Questions for those playing right now:
-What's an awesome solo class, unless they all can solo equally well or equally terrible? What weapons to each classes are there (if Fighters get giant two-hand, I'm convinced)?
-As far as you are and from what you've seen, how do armors look?
-Stats and skill systems. Manually inputting stats or equipment dependent? Are there a lot of passive skills or a bunch of actives?

11-24-2009   #48 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
Eh? Why should I quit Neo Steam? D:

I've played that game for maybe a month and leveled my character to lv. 34. Then I decided to take a break from the game and try out GF. But putting that aside, is there any good reasons why I should forget about Neo Steam? So far, I think the game's okay, but at lv. 34, the game does seem to be forcing me to kill more and more insanely strong boss monsters...

11-25-2009   #49 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't like it. So many things, I could start it's own topic for us to discuss, but I won't. >:

11-25-2009   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineRagnarok OnlineGrand Chase

Krooow will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Krooow Send a message via Yahoo to Krooow
IGN: Koja
Class: Saint
Level: 50

Quote:

Showing some minor interest in this game, though I probably won't play closed beta just because I'm lazy to download right away and jump heads in.

Questions for those playing right now:
-What's an awesome solo class, unless they all can solo equally well or equally terrible? What weapons to each classes are there (if Fighters get giant two-hand, I'm convinced)?
-As far as you are and from what you've seen, how do armors look?
-Stats and skill systems. Manually inputting stats or equipment dependent? Are there a lot of passive skills or a bunch of actives?
They have an event though where you can get a vanity cape for reaching level 15 :P

- I'm not sure about this but I think every class can solo equally. Being a priest myself, I can solo really well.
Fighter: Axes, Swords(They can also wield dual swords), Hammer
Mage: Staves
Hunter: Bows, Guns, Dagger
Acolyte: Staves, Hammer
- The armors are okay. Pretty much what you'll find in other games though I must say the details of some armors are drool worthy(Paladin's)
- The stats are distributed automatically and skills are bought, meaning you can have as much skills as you want provided you have the ka-ching. So it's basically equipment and talent dependent. Talents are passive skills that can be obtained through alchemy. And based on my arsenal of skills, I have like 13 actives and 5+ passives.

And I also found out that when your weapon's upgraded to +9 and you have 4+ sets of resonance stones on your weapon, the weapon would only have a reddish glow(I thought it'll have a white+red glow)

11-25-2009   #51 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Hmm, guess I'll attempt to make time to CB and quickly hit 15 for the cape then.

Do the ranged weapons have ammunition to worry about? I never liked that in a game. >:

Edit: Started a character. Chinitsu, probably won't play a lot today, got stuff to do and people to hang out with. It looks promising though. WASD+QE, no weird ass interface, customization is above average.

Not liking the W move forward = camera centers, but not that bad.

Maybe I'll go Paladin. The armor looks nice, and most people seem to use axes on Berserkers. Ew.
Sages looked interesting though.

Last edited by Nihil679; 11-25-2009 at 06:44 AM.

11-25-2009   #52 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Some people might disagree with me but the best choice for your first sprite is actually the apparel/armor one based on your class. Weapons does not need nearly as much materials as a full set of armors, and buying a full unique set off from the market will cost 3 times as much as a single weapon (or maybe 3 if you are an assassin). This becomes even more true when the orange/unique set materials become harder to obtain and the success rate just shit on itself.

11-25-2009   #53 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

It fun so far. Mages are so OP in this game :v

11-25-2009   #54 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Hmm, guess I'll attempt to make time to CB and quickly hit 15 for the cape then.

Do the ranged weapons have ammunition to worry about? I never liked that in a game. >:

Edit: Started a character. Chinitsu, probably won't play a lot today, got stuff to do and people to hang out with. It looks promising though. WASD+QE, no weird ass interface, customization is above average.

Not liking the W move forward = camera centers, but not that bad.

Maybe I'll go Paladin. The armor looks nice, and most people seem to use axes on Berserkers. Ew.
Sages looked interesting though.
It might be me, but I hate it when people say that. -.- Maybe because I'm a hardcore gamer. :P

Also, is GF limited to US, or can people from, say Europe, play it also?

11-25-2009   #55 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandiko
It might be me, but I hate it when people say that. -.- Maybe because I'm a hardcore gamer. :P

Also, is GF limited to US, or can people from, say Europe, play it also?
The amount of gaming has nothing to do with despising what I list as my activities for a certain date. I squeeze in as much game time as I can, yet I don't cringe and moan at the sound of "going outside" or such.

I think I'll reroll to start with the armor sprite then. Just the cost you list of armor to weapons, wow.

11-25-2009   #56 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games

We should start a guild here :v

11-25-2009   #57 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

List IGN's, fgts.

11-25-2009   #58 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

I should be able to play tomorrow.

Could've played today but my brother took the external harddrive to his friend's house and that's where I installed the game on >_>;

11-26-2009   #59 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games

Well, my IGN is Sariel. Add me please

11-26-2009   #60 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

B> 2 clerics so we can farm Greed in Prarie Cave.

Drops 4-5 blue eqs each run.