League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade
Post Page 'Template' for Dungeon/Stages

I figure it'd be probably be best to all agree on a "template" of each type of page (items, monster, stages, etc.) before we go out and make a million different pages that aren't consistent with each other.

So I say we should each work together and find improvements for these templates, and we can discuss them here, so that each page is consistent with each other and Wiki users know where to find info from each page.

Anyway, to start off I'd like to get any feedback of what you guys think should go on the Stage/Area pages. So far I have this: Grand Chase:Trial Forest - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Some things I'd like to point out:
- Monster information will be expanded, but will be put on their separate pages so that it doesn't get too crowded on the stage page.
- I'm not too sure on the Stage Layout. I like the coordinates, but I'm not sure if the numbers should be going horizontal or vertical, or if the letters should be. Also if I should leave the arrows to take up a coord. space or to put them in a blank space.
-One more thing: If someone's good at removing backgrounds from an image (rendering I guess @_@), I need that done for the Start/Boss pictures because it looks bad whenever I do them. >__> Picture

And... I wasn't really sure what else to put on the page... so... yeah... suggest and add feedback. @__@

I hope my post didn't sound terribly confusing or poorly constructed, because it usually does whenever I try to type up something long. ._.

Last edited by Chesters; 06-19-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think the set up you have made for the Grand Chase section of the Wiki is perfectly fine. I think once everything is added it would be much less cluttered then some other versions of the same information.

:d:d

06-19-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

Wow, very good work, for 1 star 2 and 3, I like it but it will take a TON of time

Last edited by Vulturas; 06-19-2008 at 11:56 PM.

06-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yakuza53 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Zach
Class: The Best lt_bard
Level: The max level, son.
Guild: Real Talk

Looks good so far

06-20-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

hmm, the arrow's which have dirrections are a bit non-sence? but hey, who am I to judge?

06-22-2008   #6 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulturas
hmm, the arrow's which have dirrections are a bit non-sence? but hey, who am I to judge?
That's how they are in-game. They just mean you go back and forth between stages. (some are only one-way)

Also, I updated the page again. How is it? @__@ Grand Chase:Trial Forest - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

06-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

looks great but somebody messed trial tower>.> read it CAREFULLY(Trial Tower dungeon>.>)

06-27-2008   #8 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulturas
looks great but somebody messed trial tower>.> read it CAREFULLY(Trial Tower dungeon>.>)
Not messed, just not edited. I just copy-pasted it from the other stage, and I haven't had the time to keep working on it, and I sorta ran into a problem... hm..

07-12-2008   #9 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Mmm, I was wondering ...

I just started on this game a week ago, and I wanted to update the pages as I advanced.

However, I was hoping that you could make the work easier by providing the .psd for this, as well as the font style that you used for the stage boss (even if it's all easily duplicated).

I also wanted to know if the artwork as shown in this was taken from a site, created on your own, or... D:

And last... Animations like this would be impossible for me right now, so I hope it doesn't matter that I just write descriptions to the bosses' attacks. Are the attack names official, or did you just make those yourself? :V

If I just have these questions answered, then I believe I can just take what you have on the Trial Forest as the default template.

Last edited by Adun; 07-12-2008 at 03:08 PM.

07-12-2008   #10 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
Mmm, I was wondering ...

I just started on this game a week ago, and I wanted to update the pages as I advanced.

However, I was hoping that you could make the work easier by providing the .psd for this, as well as the font style that you used for the stage boss (even if it's all easily duplicated).
Ah, woops. I wasn't actually planning on leaving that in, but I forgot about it. I'll take that out now. (if someone is able to find a fullsized/render of Treant, then it can go where that image was originally in, as that's what I was planning to do)

Quote:
I also wanted to know if the artwork as shown in this was taken from a site, created on your own, or... D:
Honestly, no clue. I would say just go ask who uploaded them, but Zyeal uploaded them... and he's not.. around anymore. However, there is quite a few already uploaded (at least, covering the first continent stages) so we don't have to worry about it for now, I guess?

Quote:
And last... Animations like this would be impossible for me right now, so I hope it doesn't matter that I just write descriptions to the bosses' attacks. Are the attack names official, or did you just make those yourself? :V

If I just have these questions answered, then I believe I can just take what you have on the Trial Forest as the default template.
Animations aren't needed, I was just bored and had an idea. (and they can always be added later)

Also, yes, the names for the bosses' attacks are pretty much all made up. (I've never heard a boss call out its skill name... but if there is, then use that.) Also, feel free to write the skill descriptions anyway you want to. I just wrote a basic synopsis of what the boss' actions were, what happened, and how to avoid it. If you want to expand on it, go for it.

I hope I answered all your questions well enough. ?__?

07-12-2008   #11 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
Ah, woops. I wasn't actually planning on leaving that in, but I forgot about it. I'll take that out now. (if someone is able to find a fullsized/render of Treant, then it can go where that image was originally in, as that's what I was planning to do)
I feel that the content is more important than the images at the moment, so I will just focus on adding the pages, getting the stage maps created, monsters present, and boss strategies. Not 100% sure on what to do about the boss renders and the like, so something can be done about those later.

Quote:
However, there is quite a few already uploaded (at least, covering the first continent stages) so we don't have to worry about it for now, I guess?
Ahh, I didn't catch those the first time. D:

Those will work perfectly for now, if only I could locate the source Zyeal had obtained those.

Quote:
Animations aren't needed, I was just bored and had an idea. (and they can always be added later)

Also, yes, the names for the bosses' attacks are pretty much all made up. (I've never heard a boss call out its skill name... but if there is, then use that.) Also, feel free to write the skill descriptions anyway you want to. I just wrote a basic synopsis of what the boss' actions were, what happened, and how to avoid it. If you want to expand on it, go for it.

I hope I answered all your questions well enough. ?__?
The animations are pretty awesome.

I'll do what I can with the boss tactics. D:

Yep, every thing's up to speed.

07-12-2008   #12 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Assuming Zyeal got the Character Icons from the same place as the Boss arts, it should be GCsea's official site. GrandChaseSEA

07-12-2008   #13 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

The artwork on that site is slightly smaller than the one's he uploaded to the Wiki. :/

07-12-2008   #14 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

グランドチェイス@Wiki - トップページ
ݸ - No1. ¶ ׼Ǵ, ׷ü̽!
GrandChase - Season 2

Vote Adun o_o. I hope you're quad-lingual =[

07-12-2008   #15 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
The artwork on that site is slightly smaller than the one's he uploaded to the Wiki. :/
Mmm, it appears the website resized the images when they appear on it, but the actual images are the correct size. (example: http://www.grandchasesea.com/images/...ers/treant.jpg )

However, all those images have been already uploaded... so... There's no use for them anyway. >__>;

07-13-2008   #16 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Quote:
Mmm, it appears the website resized the images when they appear on it, but the actual images are the correct size. (example: http://www.grandchasesea.com/images/...ers/treant.jpg )
O lawl. I figured they'd at least have a separate image file for a preview as opposed to resizing the original. I should have tried that first...

At the least, I'll be able to upload that style of artwork as they add to the bestiary, just for consistency. +_+

I'll dig around other sites sometime.

Edit: Also, I noted that Zyeal had added all the boss artwork without a "GC" prefix. I'll add those in as I go.

Last edited by Adun; 07-13-2008 at 02:10 AM.

07-20-2008   #17 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Alright, I want to help out with this too, but what I'm not sure about is constructing the bit about dungeon layouts...I can access them all, so I don't know if Adun's gotten that far yet. I think what I help with most is boss tactics, maybe <_<?

I just feel like the GC wiki is behind. :[

07-20-2008   #18 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

If you aren't sure..start from the currently highest dungeon and work backward :3

07-20-2008   #19 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

What I meant is I'm not sure how to go about doing this <___<; writing things about dungeons and bosses is fine, but I don't want to mess up the way the previous dungeons are done--i.e, with the layouts of each room and such listed. I'm willing to learn, but I dunno if it's worth teaching me Dx

Also, I don't know where to get boss monster images and such. .-.

07-20-2008   #20 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

The easiest way (and the way I've doing the LT pages) is to copy a finished page of the same section and edit parts out, ie name, monsters, map images, etc.