MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Tech Issues

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (46) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2008   44 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX
Default Common Technical Issues and Possible Fixes

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A POST - THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The thread will be under construction. I'm making a little project of collected common technical issues and the solutions I have seen through the forums. There will be numerous blank posts for now, for I will make direct links and multiple sections, so please don't report. If you don't understand, then be patient until I'm done. This may take me a few days until I get things straightened out. If you have any technical issues that was listed here, send me a PM and I'll reply when I'm free.

Introduction
I am CujoEX, a normal gamer like the rest of you. I am not employed by Grand Chase or Ntreev by any way. I made this thread as a contribution to Grand Chase, KoG, and Ntreev as a thanks for the free MMO game. The solutions have been gathered through tests that I've seen. I do not work with any tech company, so the answers may not be professional, though the solutions seem to solve most of the player's problems.

System Specification Requirements
Before we start with the Technical Issues, be sure that your computer meets the requirements.

Through experience, I suggest you meet with the recommended requirements. Minimal requirements tend to cause problems with the game.

Attention : Windows Vista Users!
Before reading any of the possible fixes, make sure you have read the Windows Vista Check List. If the problem persists, continue reading in the index for your possible fix.

Index
Click on any of the following errors to find possible solutions to your problem. Please keep in mind that you read everything carefully in order for the fixes to work.

Grand Chase File Errors
  • main.exe

nProtect: GameGuard FAQ
Drivers

* Graphic Driver
* DirectX

Lag Issues

* Tips to decrease latency (Courtesy of Miyuki from MyMMOGames.net)

Graphic/Visual Errors

* This game does not support your Graphic 3D g

Other Common Issues

* Frozen Start Button
* PvP and Dungeon Tag Mixup
* Access Restricted: Region Blocked
* Graphical Glitches
* Ottoshot (BTW, this is not a Technical Issue, but I will note that it's allowed in game)

Other Notes

* 1:1 Support
* About Ntreev USA

Last edited by CujoEX; 11-10-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Updating

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
Default Error 7c

Error 7c

About
The GameGuard.des file is missing or has been modified. Please reinstall the game.

Possible Fix #1
1.) Go to your Ntreev\Grand Chase directory and locate the GameGuard.des file. Either move the file to a different directory or rename the file. Then locate your GameGuard Folder. Either move the folder to a different directory or rename the folder.
2.) Double Click your GrandChase.exe file. The splash will compare your files to see if there are anything missing. When Grand Chase locates your missing GameGuard.des file and missing Grand Chase folder, it should auto-install the missing files and update them, possibly fixing the problem.

Possible Fix #2
1.) If you have Windows XP, there's a high possibility that you installed Service Pack 3. Grand Chase is NOT compatible with Service Pack 3 and requires you to install Service Pack 2. For a tutorial to uninstall Service Pack 3, please visit How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer.
2.) After uninstalling Service Pack 3, please install Service Pack 2. You may find a downloadable Service Pack 2 through Microsoft Search.

Possible Fix #3
1.) If you have downloaded Grand Chase through their download page, then the chances are, you downloaded a corrupted version of Grand Chase. Grand Chase has yet to upload their updated installation files in most of their mirrors. If you want the newest Grand Chase installation file, register in MMOSite.com and download the installation file at http://download.mmosite.com/download.php?id=2590. Don't forget to copy the MD5 code to unzip the file.

Last edited by CujoEX; 11-09-2008 at 04:56 PM.

11-09-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Default Error 72 : Fail to Initialize Gamemon

Error 72 - Fail to Initialize Gamemon

About
Error 72 : Fail to Initialize Gamemon

Possible Fix #1
1.) Grand Chase uses nProtect GameMon as the game's anti hacking system, so it's required to have nProtect GameGuard running during game play. By reading certain posts, it seems like certain files are being blocked. I suggest turning off your Firewall and Anti-Virus Protector (AVP) so there won't be any installation or download interference. Then, try playing the game again.

Possible Fix #2
1.) Grand Chase uses nProtect GameMon as the game's anti hacking system, so it's required to have nProtect GameGuard running during game play. I suggest turning off your Firewall and Anti-Virus Protector (AVP) so there won't be any installation or download interference for the next procedure.
2.) Go to your Ntreev\Grand Chase directory and locate the GameGuard.des file. Either move the file to a different directory or rename the file. Then locate your GameGuard Folder. Either move the folder to a different directory or rename the folder.
3.) Double Click your GrandChase.exe file. The splash will compare your files to see if there are anything missing. When Grand Chase locates your missing GameGuard.des file and missing Grand Chase folder, it should auto-install the missing files and update them, possibly fixing the problem.

During the launcher's routine file check, it'll notice that the GameMon file is missing. The auto-patch should replace a new and updated GameMon.des file. Also, while the Firewall and AVP is off, the file for Gamemon shouldn't be interfered.

Possible Fix #3
1.) Use any Anti-Virus Protector (AVP) to scan your computer. If you do not have an AVP, you can download and install one for free at Avast.com. A scanner may be able to find hidden or 'fake' AVPs such as 'ThreatFire' in your computer. After deleting and cleaning your computer, run the launcher.
2.) If the problem persists, turn off your AVP after scanning and try one last time.

Last edited by CujoEX; 11-10-2008 at 08:46 AM.

11-10-2008   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Default Windows Vista Check List

Windows Vista Check List

About
Grand Chase was created by KoG and released in Korea around August 2003, so the game's main focus is to work with Windows XP. Windows Vista didn't come out until 2006, and the OS isn't completely backwards compatible with Windows XP games. In order for certain games to work, such as Grand Chase, a lot of changes with your settings need to be done.

Possible Fix
1.) To prevent any .DLL errors, please update your Service Pack (SP1). Windows Vista has many different versions, so search for the Service Pack that's compatible with your OS at Search Results. Be sure to constantly update your SP1.

2.) Grand Chase requires you to run DirectX. The most suitable version is DirectX9.0C (March 2008 or later). Though DirectX10 can handle a higher resolution, DirectX9.0C is still suggested in case any random problem occurs. You can download DirectX9.0C at Download DirectX 9.0c (Nov 08) - FileHippo.com. Be sure to unzip the file AND install the compressed file inside. Keep in mind, DirectX9.0C and DirectX10 requires SP1 for it to function properly.

3.) Windows Vista has a very annoying security setting called User Account Control (UAC). If you experience problems where your execution file is 'frozen' or doesn't activate, you need to set your setting to allow the execution file to work.

Go to your Ntreev\Grand Chase directory and locate main.exe. Right Click main.exe and go to Properties. Depending on which Windows Vista you use, go to either Compatibility Tab or Advanced Properties. You'll find a box next to "Run as administrator." Check the box and press Ok.

Then go to your grandchase.exe file and/or shortcut and repeat the process.

For those with the frozen green 'Start' button, this tutorial should allow the 'Start' button to work.

4.) Like I said earlier, the game requires you to run Windows XP. Some people can run the game perfectly fine with Windows Vista, but some needs to edit their settings to be more compatible. Go to your Ntreev\Grand Chase directory and locate main.exe. Right Click main.exe and go to Properties. Under the Compatibility Tab, you'll find a box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and check mark the box. A drop menu will appear. Choose Windows XP.

Then go to your grandchase.exe file and/or shortcut and repeat the process.

This method should get Windows Vista to re-read Grand Chase's file carefully and act like Windows XP.

Last edited by CujoEX; 11-10-2008 at 09:03 AM.