09-17-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

YuckFu will become famous soon enoughYuckFu will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrandFu
Class: Everything.
Level: All of them.
Guild: WAM
Default Patch Problem

When loading the patch it says motion_char2.komFile Download then after a while it says Patch Download Error and stop loading and the x to exit the patch pops up on the top right.

I really want to play! Any ideas? I reloaded it many times and have waited a week hoping it would go away.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Have you try uninstalling it? And possibly re-dl the client from the site again.

09-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I have uninstalled and installed and it still is not working. Firewall and AVG is off. Everything is up to date. Nothing is working!

09-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath
Did you try going to the set-up clicking repair then after you patch it, like it says start but it doesn't go do it a few more times then it will work I had the same problem
I don't know if that would work.

09-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

How do we get there? Give specific steps.

09-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
Have you try uninstalling it? And possibly re-dl the client from the site again.
When did you download the client? What did you use to download it with? It's possibly your installer has some corrupted files.

Other than that, I have no idea why it's not working, this problem isn't common.

09-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

It just happened all of a sudden. I don't know what happened. It was right after NTREEV finished a patch and I tried to load it. I want to play really badly! I used all the mirror sites and neffy and main dl and they all have the same problem.

The patch if from like 2-3 updates ago. Was from earlier this month.

09-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Something's off, but I have no idea what it is, sorry =|

09-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Well any help is appreciated. So far your the only one trying to help me.

10-05-2008   #10 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

hmmm, i had this issue before too, what os are you running, i know that not all vista computers need to use the run as admin. to load, mine didnt, but sometimes i would get the same issue and hat worked for me (i alsonoticed that running gc as admin in general made the patcher FASTER

it could also possibly be a timeout issue, i wouldn't be surprised if it takes too long to get a file that it would think the file may not exist anymore so try making sure all other programs are exited and that the patcher is the only thing using the net
(only reason behind this hypothesis is the fact that running as admin worked for me with this issue and the only thing i noticed that was different from not running as admin was the loadtime, so this is really just a hopeful guess.... but, there hasn't ben a post in this thread for almost a week, so i wouldnt be surprised if you had already fixed it)

10-08-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I am using Windows XP.

10-10-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX

I know you have done this already, but let's review.

1) Uninstall the client completely. Check your folders to see if all the files (excluding screenshots) have been completely erased.
2) Redownload the client. I highly recommend downloading from the mirror in the official Grand Chase Website called mmosite.com
3) Before installing, turn off all Anti Virus Protector(s) and Firewalls. If you have a router, make sure that the router's firewalls are off. Some people has a Trojan/Malware/Virus that acts like a Virus Protector. Make sure you check the process names of each file in your Task Manager to see if they're safe/unsafe.
4) After installed, allow the patch to load. Hopefully with everything cleaned, the files shouldn't be interrupted/corrupted.

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

11-18-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Yup done all that. Well it is working and I can update the patch on GC unlike on other games because I can connect to games I have like TF2 and GC and XFire. I have MapleStory, but it won't let me patch because for some weird reason I cannot connect to the internet explorer and I don't have any other browser.