ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-04-2011   #1 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨
Default Gonna try Grand Chase again

Hey guys, I haven't played Grand Chase in a while (Quit before Elesis skill tree was released lol) so I'm really confused to the new system.

Could anyone help catch me up a bit on the game, and what characters do you guys recommend playing? I'm trying to find characters with high mobility/comboing ability.

Thanks!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quit playing before Elesis' ST, huh? There were so many updates to the game since then.
Checking the list of patch notes might help a bit.

Well, a character with a high comboing ability would be Dio, the first of the AP characters. He was built for making combos. The right side of his skill tree is more combo-centric than the left side, so I say you should go for it whenever you get him.

07-04-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

high mobility? amy

07-04-2011   #4 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

How does the AP system work?

I was trying some of the characters in the practice arena but I never found out how to work it :x

On a sidenote.... Yay I can use all jobs and all characters in practice arena now

07-04-2011   #5 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

If you've ever tried Elsword, you'd have the very basic idea.

An AP character uses an AP bar as opposed to an MP character using an MP bar. AP characters cannot charge AP by attacking, but they gain AP over time.

An AP character's skills and special abilities are decided via Skill Tree. You can purchase skills and passives with SP and equip them.
AP characters have only five slots to put skills in and you use the ASDFG keys to activate the skills. i.e. you have Gravity Ball in slot A, so you press A to activate it.

07-04-2011   #6 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

AP system works by letting you use up to 5 skills (with the a,s,d,f,g keys) these skills use up AP instead of MP. AP characters tend to have insanely strong skills; though one of the main drawbacks of an AP character is that when being "countered" not only do you lose AP but it disables your skills for a few seconds.

edit: I got ninjaed :x

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

07-04-2011   #7 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

For the skill trees...

I dunno how the points add up for each tree so is there a certain build that's followed and is there any possibility of screwing up a character's skill tree?

I'm using Elesis, Sieghart, Ronan and Lass right now.

07-05-2011   #8 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

In the past, you gained SP by leveling your SP level up, and getting enough for Dio's 2nd job was grueling and slow to have it complete at 60 Max SP.

Now, when your character levels up, you gain 2 SP, or something like that.

And, yes, you can easily screw up an ST by investing in too much, say, passive skills like Crit Up. (Skill Counter Cooldown is arguable) Another way to screw it up is by investing SP on both sides of Active skills. So, for example, If you got Dio's 2nd job (as a right-sided Dio), but you invested all of your extra 30 SP on the left-side of Dio's 1st job ST, you're going to be a Stygian powerhouse, but you won't have that many benefits of Drakar's 2nd job ST. So, the first thing that's best to do is to invest in Active skills first on one side, just in case. Of course, there's always practice mode to help you choose.

As opposed to the MP characters' 35 SP limit, AP characters have a limit of 30 (and 60 if they're in their 2nd job advancement; namely, Dio for now), so be careful, or you'll have to purchase some SP Reset Cards from the shop...or wait until Zero's 2nd job comes (each time an AP character's job comes, there's a mass Skill Tree Reset during the update).

TL;DR:
-Each character level up gains him/her 2 SP, or something similar to that.
-It's best to invest in Active skills, mainly on one side, first than to dabble in Passives first.
-AP characters have 30 SP limits as opposed to MP characters having 35. Distribute them wisely.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 07-05-2011 at 07:13 AM.

07-06-2011   #9 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
In the past, you gained SP by leveling your SP level up, and getting enough for Dio's 2nd job was grueling and slow to have it complete at 60 Max SP.

Now, when your character levels up, you gain 2 SP, or something like that.

And, yes, you can easily screw up an ST by investing in too much, say, passive skills like Crit Up. (Skill Counter Cooldown is arguable) Another way to screw it up is by investing SP on both sides of Active skills. So, for example, If you got Dio's 2nd job (as a right-sided Dio), but you invested all of your extra 30 SP on the left-side of Dio's 1st job ST, you're going to be a Stygian powerhouse, but you won't have that many benefits of Drakar's 2nd job ST. So, the first thing that's best to do is to invest in Active skills first on one side, just in case. Of course, there's always practice mode to help you choose.

As opposed to the MP characters' 35 SP limit, AP characters have a limit of 30 (and 60 if they're in their 2nd job advancement; namely, Dio for now), so be careful, or you'll have to purchase some SP Reset Cards from the shop...or wait until Zero's 2nd job comes (each time an AP character's job comes, there's a mass Skill Tree Reset during the update).

TL;DR:
-Each character level up gains him/her 2 SP, or something similar to that.
-It's best to invest in Active skills, mainly on one side, first than to dabble in Passives first.
-AP characters have 30 SP limits as opposed to MP characters having 35. Distribute them wisely.
Could you explain the "sides" of the skill trees?

I don't use cash so I don't think I can unlock the boxes... and I seem to stick with 1 skill per level (Ex. Lass: 1MP Impact Slash, 2MPHornet Sting or w/e it's called, 3MP Final Strike)

07-06-2011   #10 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

For the AP characters, there's visually a 'left-side' of the Active Skills and a 'right-side' of the Active skills. As in, they're visually on the left and right sides when you're looking at the ST.

For Dio, the left-side of his Active skills are more of a one-move-killer's cup of tea (It's also known as the Black Space side), while the right-side of Active skills are more combo-heavy and tactical (also known as the Onrush side). You can't have both sides unless you invest Dio's 2nd job SP (an extra 30 SP) on, say, the left-side for example, but you won't be able to even touch on Dio's 2nd job skills. Some of those skills in Dio's 1st job are required to move on in his 2nd job, so it's imperative to stick to one side. This doesn't apply to Zero all that much.

Does that help?

Last edited by Marzai; 07-06-2011 at 06:34 AM.

07-06-2011   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Assuming I can't unlock skills for the non-AP characters (The ones in the boxes), is it still possible to screw up their ST? I can put like... points everywhere for Elesis but for Lass there's not enough points for everything.

I feel like I'm missing something ; _ ;

And yea, that helps explain it quite a bit thanks.

Last edited by Gladiat; 07-06-2011 at 11:47 AM.

07-06-2011   #12 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Oh, for AP characters, there's no skill-unlocking you have to do. Everything's there for you when you get them; you just have to distribute the SP accordingly.

However, it's still very possible to screw up an AP character's ST, as with the two Dio examples I've mentioned before. Another example: Zero's more lenient in this regard, but that would mean leaving out some of his passives for his Sword Mode, which allows for more consecutive hits with Grandark. He may have enough SP for everything if you don't even touch Classic Force, but that would mean missing out on HP Loss (a stab move with his sword that gains HP with a hit; useful for PvP).

07-07-2011   #13 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
Oh, for AP characters, there's no skill-unlocking you have to do. Everything's there for you when you get them; you just have to distribute the SP accordingly.

However, it's still very possible to screw up an AP character's ST, as with the two Dio examples I've mentioned before. Another example: Zero's more lenient in this regard, but that would mean leaving out some of his passives for his Sword Mode, which allows for more consecutive hits with Grandark. He may have enough SP for everything if you don't even touch Classic Force, but that would mean missing out on HP Loss (a stab move with his sword that gains HP with a hit; useful for PvP).
I meant screwing up the ST of a character like Lass, Ronan, Sieghart etc.

Sorry that I keep confusing you x.x

07-08-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineVindictusElswordGrand Chase

GrandPlayer is on a distinguished road
IGN: S4(DuskofDawn)
Class: KMS(Mercedes),GC(Sieg/All others)
Level: KMS(66),KS4(1),S4(24),GC(alot)
Guild: KMS(HeliosTower),GC(GGFTW)
Xfire: buccaneery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Hey guys, I haven't played Grand Chase in a while (Quit before Elesis skill tree was released lol) so I'm really confused to the new system.

Could anyone help catch me up a bit on the game, and what characters do you guys recommend playing? I'm trying to find characters with high mobility/comboing ability.

Thanks!
if u need hlep on game add TazeShock

07-08-2011   #15 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
I meant screwing up the ST of a character like Lass, Ronan, Sieghart etc.

Sorry that I keep confusing you x.x
Well, Depends.

The thing you gotta remember is that you want to have your ST fit you. Since MP characters have a 35 SP limit, you can try Practice mode with the character and try to set the desired skills under that limit.

The goal of this is also to determine the useful skills from the useless skills, distributing limited SP among the Basic, Skills, and Shared tabs of the ST accordingly.

If you do screw up, you can always by SP reset cards, but that requires cash, of course... But you can start now, and if you screw up, Seeker's update (Zero's 2nd job) should allow all players with a Mass ST reset, as they did with Dio's arrival and 2nd job, as well as Ley's arrival.

Hope this helps.

07-09-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Grand ChaseLa TaleTrickster OnlineMapleStory

Hykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hykari Send a message via AIM to Hykari Send a message via Yahoo to Hykari Send a message via Skype™ to Hykari
IGN: NeoConcept
Class: Elite to_dragon
Level: 113
Guild: Reignbow

Okay guys, so I've also recently starting enjoying Grand Chase again and I like the new automated mission system and characters/skills. Though I have a conundrum with something: How do you activate champion mode for Partusay's Sea? I'm trying to complete the 6 required runs for 4th job Lass, but I can't for some reason. I can do champion mode on all the other previous continents besides Victor's Fortress. Any explanations?

07-09-2011   #17 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykari
Okay guys, so I've also recently starting enjoying Grand Chase again and I like the new automated mission system and characters/skills. Though I have a conundrum with something: How do you activate champion mode for Partusay's Sea? I'm trying to complete the 6 required runs for 4th job Lass, but I can't for some reason. I can do champion mode on all the other previous continents besides Victor's Fortress. Any explanations?
You need to complete every difficulty for the instance.
Example: Partusay's Sea requires you to complete Normal, Hard and Very Hard of Partusay's Sea.

Raging now because it takes forever to find people to do stuff past Temple of Destruction in Xenia and I wasted all my GP on trying to temper a set of Gabriel Musketeer for Elesis ; _ ; Nothing got tempered. Back to Mocking Blade spam on Sieghart yay.

Last edited by Gladiat; 07-09-2011 at 04:09 PM.

07-09-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Grand ChaseLa TaleTrickster OnlineMapleStory

Hykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hykari Send a message via AIM to Hykari Send a message via Yahoo to Hykari Send a message via Skype™ to Hykari
IGN: NeoConcept
Class: Elite to_dragon
Level: 113
Guild: Reignbow

^ Ah, that makes sense.

Haven't played in years so I'm still learning the things that are like 2nd nature/general knowledge to veteran players.

07-11-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
VindictusTrickster OnlineMapleStoryElsword

LunarAvian is on a distinguished road
IGN: Yieane
Class: Alchemist lt_bard
Level: 32
Guild: Dumpster

I started to play again about two weeks ago. I hadn't played in like 1 1/2 years, I love the new leveling pace, and how they changed to quests. It brought me back, I'm quite lonely on there! :[ Add Aisel :]