ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/)
-   -   About the Latin America IP's (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/96320-about-latin-america-ips.html)

Nanoja 05-14-2011 07:42 PM

About the Latin America IP's
 
So they announced Latin America GC, that's great and all, but I heard they are blocking all Latin American accounts from the now "NAGC"

Does this go for accounts like mine? e_e I'm from Latin America so I'm really concerned about this...
Because yeah, so what? They are gonna block my account from the game that I've been playing for over 3 years? That doesn't seem like a reasonable solution...

Kenzor 05-15-2011 03:44 AM

Yes you're getting blocked regardless if you've played 99 years and spent $9999k or not.
Dunno if there's any solution to it

Nanoja 05-15-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1532396)
Yes you're getting blocked regardless if you've played 99 years and spent $9999k or not.
Dunno if there's any solution to it

That's just great... e_e I'm getting pissed at SGI...
9 days to the massive blocking huh..?

Veggi 05-15-2011 01:53 PM

Lets use some logic here, if you play a server that ISN'T provided for your Country, why bother playing it. (Rhetorical Answer: omgg its so fun and my country doesnt have it), Playing a server that isn't of your country, lol.. your bound for an IP block if your ISP isnt strong enough to maintain a *Status quo*(NA players not QQing and whining about laggers) with the players its actually meant for. Yes you will lose your account, but paying for a game that is considered foreign to your place.. (your just asking to lose it all)

ThisIsAPen 05-15-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggi (Post 1532580)
Lets use some logic here, if you play a server that ISN'T provided for your Country, why bother playing it. (Rhetorical Answer: omgg its so fun and my country doesnt have it), Playing a server that isn't of your country, lol.. your bound for an IP block if your ISP isnt strong enough to maintain a *Status quo*(NA players not QQing and whining about laggers) with the players its actually meant for. Yes you will lose your account, but paying for a game that is considered foreign to your place.. (your just asking to lose it all)

This here, i somewhat agree ( ゚д゚)

Recette 05-15-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggi (Post 1532580)
Lets use some logic here, if you play a server that ISN'T provided for your Country, why bother playing it. (Rhetorical Answer: omgg its so fun and my country doesnt have it), Playing a server that isn't of your country, lol.. your bound for an IP block if your ISP isnt strong enough to maintain a *Status quo*(NA players not QQing and whining about laggers) with the players its actually meant for. Yes you will lose your account, but paying for a game that is considered foreign to your place.. (your just asking to lose it all)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsAPen (Post 1532619)
This here, i somewhat agree ( ゚д゚)

I disagree as the publisher accepted Latin American players as customers - besides the language factor they did not discourage or forbid them from playing on NA servers before the LA server announcement, so LA players have no fault on this. Besides, not many companies create servers specific to regions outside East Asia, NA or EU.

IMO best thing to do is to allow existing LA players to continue playing. I play and pay for Japanese MMOs and have still to be IP banned from one even when they do release a NA version.

Nanoja 05-16-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaJessica (Post 1532671)
IMO best thing to do is to allow existing LA players to continue playing. I play and pay for Japanese MMOs and have still to be IP banned from one even when they do release a NA version.

^ This
I remember Nexon did this when they IP blocked Latin American and Europe IPs and it actually was a decent move. No one really lost anything.

I don't mind being relocated to a Latin American server, but no "reward" whatsoever? Just losing it all? ... That just shows how much the company really "cares" about their costumers.

Veloze 05-16-2011 04:44 AM

Ntreev was planning on giving you LA players compensation, but they couldn't reach an agreement with Axeso5.

I understand that you guys are very upset and think that Ntreev doesn't give a damn about you, but the fact that Ntreev tried to make your transition to LAGC as painless as possible shows that they do care.

james 05-16-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaJessica (Post 1532671)
I disagree as the publisher accepted Latin American players as customers - besides the language factor they did not discourage or forbid them from playing on NA servers before the LA server announcement, so LA players have no fault on this. Besides, not many companies create servers specific to regions outside East Asia, NA or EU.

IMO best thing to do is to allow existing LA players to continue playing. I play and pay for Japanese MMOs and have still to be IP banned from one even when they do release a NA version.

They accepted the Latin Americans as they had no server to call "home." It's typical of the NA version to accept any region without a version of the game as part of their playerbase. However at the same time, games will frequently boot them out often because most will just stay at the NA one because of content advantages, starving the new version of a needed playerbase.

Ironically.... Latin America is a part of North America.

Riolu 05-17-2011 04:57 AM

Say hello to proxies.

Veloze 05-17-2011 05:01 AM

What's the point in proxies when it makes you virtually unable to play with others?

Riolu 05-17-2011 07:21 AM

You actually play with others? o_o (i only solo)

Veloze 05-18-2011 07:33 AM

Soloing can only entertain you for so long. .-.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.