ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/)
-   -   Is this a really good game :)? (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/88443-really-good-game.html)

AliceAries 12-26-2010 05:53 AM

Is this a really good game :)?

I'm thinking about playing it ^^ <3 :thanks:

Kenzor 12-26-2010 06:33 AM

Depends on your preference for games really, try it out and find out if you like it :)

Yakuza53 12-26-2010 11:33 AM

No, turn back now.

ThisIsAPen 12-26-2010 12:02 PM

^ agreed, just turn back now, u'll be facing a company that is 2nd to being as bad as nexon

XIIAlexIIX 12-26-2010 01:00 PM

It's not that bad we got a few good updates and stuff but thats about it... nvm there right just turn back

CujoEX 12-26-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceAries (Post 1432965)
I'm thinking about playing it ^^ <3 :thanks:

The game itself is decent. It's a nice fast pace game, but like most MMO's, it'll still be a grind fest. The community is kind of bad, but you'll find some interesting people here and there. I will admit that there are a lot of bugs, but you can play the game around it. Constant events every Tuesday will keep you on your toes. A lot of characters to choose from with job advancements per character and customizable Skill Trees (for their 1st Job only so far). Overall, out of all the other action MMO games I've played in the past, I'd give this a B.

Marzai 12-26-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsAPen (Post 1433106)
^ agreed, just turn back now, u'll be facing a company that is 2nd to being as bad as nexon

2nd? I thought they already bypassed them? :py33:

At any rate, if you like side-scrolling brawlers, like the Super Smash Bros. series, you may like this. A variety of characters, each that have (or will have in the future) 4 jobs that add to the variety of each character's gameplay. These 4 jobs each hold a different weapon for the character's use.

Now, I do have to say, you cannot create your own character. Each job is preset with a personality (and gender, if that matters) that fall directly into their occupation. For example, Ryan is a male Druid. There is no female Druid counterpart with a different name that you can choose.

Like any other MMO, there is some grind. Namely, in my opinion, is the 2nd job quests. Once you get as many of those as you want out of the way, it won't seem as bad. Still, you have to work for what you earn. That is, if you don't plan on spending any real money on this game.

I'll just say it now; the community sucks. Most of them seem to have the disposition of being under 13 (and it even says in the rules that those under 13 can't play this game). E-penors, trolling, and general douchebaggery are in a good number of people that play this game. As Cujo said, however, there are pockets of players with a decent attitude.

This game usually updates with content every week, which is much faster than other MMOs.

Ntreev isn't the best company in regard to customer service OR modesty; that is, they're pretty greedy. Sometimes, they protect those that do spend money on it and on very rare occasions crack down on those that don't, unjustly. So, if you're going to play this game, play it for the game, not the company.

PvP is where egos collide. Literally. Most of the gameplay, PvP included, is fast-paced, so you'll need some good reaction time and fingers to be the best among the rest. But really, who cares about being the best?

tl;dr: Just try it out for yourself. You'll probably see what I mean once you stick around for a while.

It's not my problem, however, if you become a victim...

hueyple 12-26-2010 08:26 PM

If you're a fan of PvP games and keyboard action,
this is definitely the game for you :py16:

Veloze 12-26-2010 08:30 PM

Try it out.

RaineScarlet 12-27-2010 12:09 AM

Everyone's saying try it out and whatnot, but really, Grand Chase isn't a game that you can play for extended periods of time without starting to hate it. I personally play casually and don't obsess over rare items or winning PvP.

It really really helps if you can find a group of people to play with so you hate the game less as time goes on (like joining a guild!). Grand Chase tries hard, and it's alright, but it's difficult to stay with the game unless you have an endless pool of patience.

Yeah, I'm so biased.

Endgame 12-27-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsAPen (Post 1433106)

Nope. nTreev is much, much worse than Nexon.

Hell, Nexon has improved since the days of early Maple Story (Even though the korean version its self has gotten greedier with cubes and such.), and has been handling Vindictus pretty well. (They got the game up and running in less than a year of the korean release. That's gotta be a new record or something.) While nTreev has remained just as greedy as they've been since Trickster first got MyShop, and show no signs of improving, with their fast update speed being their only redeeming quality.

ThisIsAPen 12-27-2010 03:45 PM

^ yeah i agree, nexon went up on my list of fairness, especially since NA maplefail has some areas that kr maple doesnt have

MrSkittles 02-08-2011 10:28 PM

This game is Awesome!!!!!... Add me xD.

Xyo 02-21-2011 11:16 PM

Hmmm

In my opinion, Its a really good game...
Its just like MapleStory

Marzai 02-24-2011 05:54 AM

....How the heck is this game like MapleStory?

Oh, the community. My bad.

EinFuji 03-02-2011 12:02 PM

Yea GC is awesome I joined roughly 3 years ago and at 1st I would Rant that Gunbound was better. Of course eventually that changed. Now all I do is play GC and Rant about about Bill Cosby coming as the next unlockable character....
(1st skill bar = Pudding Pop)