ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/)
-   -   Old GC Player Back with Questions (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/85098-old-gc-player-back-questions.html)

RaineScarlet 11-01-2010 06:18 PM

Old GC Player Back with Questions

Hello, as the title says, Iím an old player who recently picked GC up again. I havenít been playing seriously since before the S2 patch, so you can imagine how much my mind is blown by all the new stuff Iím seeing. Iíve figured some stuff on my own through playing and asking some players questions, but there are still things that confuse me, and I haven't found the answers through lurking around.

1) Itís cool that you can now see peoplesí stats by pressing ďalt,Ē but what do half of those values even mean? Iím referring to HP/MP recovery, absorption, crits, and special attack blah-blahs. And do they apply for both dungeon and PVP mode?

2) When I signed in, I found seal breaker scrolls, and started to get gems as well. Iíve figured that they two are used together to get items, but that sounds too easy. Knowing Ntreev, thereís got to be a catch, like if you fail, you get lolpotions. Is that true?

3) Are the new continents next to Ellia and Silver Land unlockable, or have they not been released yet?

4) About all this ďrevampĒ stuff that Iím seeing, is that kGC only for now?

Iíll post more when I think of them. For now, thanks in advance to those who answer. :)

Joke Questions:
1) Am I the only one whoís sad that thereís no pumpkin smashing this year? :P

2) Jin x Amy, yes yes? :py62:

Seru 11-01-2010 06:29 PM

Well first off welcome back, I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1. They do apply to both dungeons and pvp. Though keep in mind some props are better in dungeons than they are in pvp and vice versa. Mp recov is probably just as op as crit is in pvp in some circumstances. While it's virtually not that useful in dungeons opposed to hp/mp absorption. Though crits are and will always be the op king of props :x

2. SB is pretty much a new form of gacha. Though the equips are very strong, in order to get the pet you must get all the armor pieces for that quality of gem and for that character. Though expect to dish out about 20ish dollars for a low quality set, 40ish for med, and a lot more for premiums.

3. Well with S3 we did get a new cont called Alucubra. You may have also noticed that Silver Land dungeons were revamped to make them suited for the lvl 30-40 range with quests included. Also some slight changes were made to Bermesiah, like map changes and new monsters ect.

4. I think Brazil might have gotten some of the revamps as well, but to my knowledge its mainly out in kgc. Though we should be getting them in the future, just not anytime soon.

JQ1. No I'm also saddened by this D:, I love the rps event and all. But smashing pumpkins is so much fun.

JQ2. Ew no, Amy can do so much better. Jin pretty much the "good guy" who will always finish last. AKA he'll marry Elizabeth the Troll.

Veggi 11-01-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaineScarlet (Post 1386770)

2) Jin x Amy, yes yes? :py62:

No No,

Amy x :py33:

Seru 11-01-2010 07:08 PM

^ No only unicorns can reproduce with carrots.

RaineScarlet 11-01-2010 08:10 PM

Thank you, Seru. You answered my questions so well! :py37: Poor Jin though. D: I really respected him as the only character who admits any feelings of luuuurve. They're all at that hormonally charged age anyway, except for Sieg, who's ... special.

Also, I thought it was Vocaloid GUMI who liked carrots. :py35:

ThisIsAPen 11-01-2010 09:35 PM

no, i like carrots

Seru 11-02-2010 06:34 AM

^ are you a unicorn .-.?

@ Raine, your welcome ;D. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

ThisIsAPen 11-02-2010 03:18 PM

yes i am a unicorn, and u no what color printer ink is made from? my blood :)

RaineScarlet 11-02-2010 08:10 PM

... Unicorns aside, I have another question now.

How many levels higher can I get before a quest becomes too low (and the exp reward gets reduced)? I miss being able to save quests. :(

ThisIsAPen 11-02-2010 09:34 PM

i think its a 2 or 3 level difference where the quest would have lowered rewards

RaineScarlet 11-04-2010 12:11 PM

Oop, here's another. How do you quit guilds? My cousin talked me into joining his, but it's about as active as a sleeping volcano, which isn't so fun... I've tried running around the park and guild park, menu, etc, but I can't seem to leave. o_O

Seru 11-04-2010 12:49 PM

I think you can leave a guild once you go to your guild park (click the guild tab), there you can look at member info. Find your ign on the list right or left click and it should say Guild Suspension. I think that should do it, let me know if it doesn't. As I've never left a guild I'm not 100% sure :x

Sayouka 11-04-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seru (Post 1389270)
I think you can leave a guild once you go to your guild park (click the guild tab), there you can look at member info. Find your ign on the list right or left click and it should say Guild Suspension. I think that should do it, let me know if it doesn't. As I've never left a guild I'm not 100% sure :x

Um, I heard that some people are unable to leave for some reason, like the leave button option isn't there under the member info tab. If you can't leave by yourself you'd have to have the guild master expell you from the guild.

Seru 11-04-2010 02:36 PM

^ this is probably true, though I think some members of the ggFTW guild were in other guilds. I'll ask around and see if there is a way other than having to be expelled.

Edit: Ok just asked my guild, and I was correct on the method on how to leave. Just suspend yourself and it should work.

RaineScarlet 11-05-2010 12:00 PM

Worked like a charm. Thank you! That and, it took me a while to find the guild menu in the guild park. >_> Didn't realize that it was a button on the top right.

Edit: Okay, I don't want to double post, so I'll put my question here and hope that someone notices. If not, I'll bump in two or three days. Anyway, about skill points.
1) Do you get one skill point per level?
2) If so, why do some of my characters have less points than they should? Their used points and unused points don't add up to the skill level. I seem to remember at one point where the maximum number of unused skill points you could have 35, but did they change that, and if they did, I want my skill points back. ;_;

I'll post with screenies later when I get home, if needed.

Noctis 11-09-2010 09:01 AM

1) Yes. You get 1 skill point per skill level.
2) That's because using skill points in the shared skills doesn't count toward your skill points used total. I don't remember it ever making the max number of unused skill points you can have be 35. I thought it was always 150 per character. The max amount of skill points you can use per job per character though( not including shared) has always been 35.

RaineScarlet 11-10-2010 12:31 PM

Oh, that is... so ... infinitely helpful. Thanks. :) I think that should be it for the questions, because I've played enough to get every other little thing.

CujoEX 11-12-2010 06:11 AM

I could've sworn the max was 30 per Skill Tree Job Advancement.

RaineScarlet 11-12-2010 11:47 AM

30 is the maximum number of points you can -spend- per job. What I was spazzing about was the maximum number of -unused- points. I dunno, must have been .. sick or.. hypnotized when I noticed the 35 thing.

Kenzor 11-12-2010 05:41 PM

Actually, you can use 35 skill points per job (though only 1st job skill trees are released, with the exception of Dio) but Dio can use his points anywhere, and is gets his SP limit increased by 30 with each job.

SP used on the Shared tab don't count towards the SP limit.