ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Questions & Answers

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (11) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2008   8 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX
Default Technical Help: Read Here First

This thread is still under construction

I'm starting a little project collecting information from the Grand Chase forums. If you know any common problems and possible solutions, please make a post about.

Keep in mind that everything you've seen here are collected information I've received in the past through older forums or in the Grand Chase Forum. If you want official help, send them a 1:1 Support to nTreev with detailed information. If not, you may use the collected solutions below with your own risk. I will not be held responsible for any problems for your computer.

.:* *:. .:* *:. .:* *:. .:* *:. .:* *:. .:* *:. .:*

Before you ask any questions, be sure to check if your system meets the requirements. If you're not sure how to check your system's specs, click here.

• Keep in mind that the game was meant for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Those who is running a Mac with an OS X may experience problems.
  • Check to see if you've installed Service Pack 2 (Windows XP) or at least Service Pack 1 (Windows Vista). You may find the official Windows Service Pack at .
  • Check to see if your DirectX is at least version 9.0C (Windows XP) or version 10 (Windows Vista). For more information, click here (x).
  • Check to see if you've kept your Graphics Card up to date. For more information, click here (x).

Table of Contents
[1.0] DirectX Updates
[2.0] Graphics Card Updates
3.0 Enabling ActiveX
.. more to come.

Common Questions
Q. In the middle of loading the game, I receive a GameMon.exe error. How do I solve this problem?
Q. After the game loads, the start button doesn't work. How do I fix this?
Q. I'm receiving a 0x8 error. How do I fix this?
.. more to come.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX

DirectX
The minimal requirement to run the game is version DirectX 8.1B, but I highly recommend you run the game on DirectX 9.0C for Windows XP, or DirectX10 for Windows Vista. If you have not yet updated your DirectX, you can download the latest version at http://www.microsoft.com/.

Alternatively, you may download older redistributable version at Download DirectX 9.0c (Jun 08) - FileHippo.com if the newer versions doesn't work.

For more information about DirectX, you can read the documentary at All About DirectX.

[Top]

06-16-2008   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Graphics Card Drivers
Most of the Grand Chase visual technical difficulties are caused by outdated graphics card drivers. Be sure that you meet the minimal requirement first. If you have any problems regarding the graphic driver, please check the list available below and download the driver that matches yours. If the problem persists, please send them a 1:1 Support.
NVIDIA: GeForce, Riva TNT Series Graphic Card Download
ATI: Radeon, All in wonder, Rage Series Graphic Card Download
Intel Series Graphic Card Download
Matrox Series Graphic Card Download
[Top]

06-16-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

How to Check your System's Specifications

*The following information is a tutorial for Windows XP. I'm not sure if it's the same for Windows Vista

To check your computer's specs, go to your desktop and right click My Computer>Properties. A window will pop up. Under the General Tab, you'll see your computer's specs. Check the System Spec. Information if you meet the minimal requirements.

To check your hardware, click on the Hardware Tab and left click on the Device Manager button. By clicking on the [+], you'll be able to see your Display Adapters (Video Card) and all your other hardware devices. Check the System Spec. Information if you meed the minimal requirements.

*Note* When sending a technical difficulty report to the 1:1 Support, I highly recommend sending them your computer's specs and the version of your drivers to give them an idea of what could be the cause of the problem.

[Top]

06-16-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

*Reserved Space*

06-16-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

*Reserved Space*-

06-16-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

*Reserved Space*--

06-16-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

*Reserved Space*---

06-16-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

is it true that windows vista makes GC work a bit bad?

06-18-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Yes, Vista is known to have many problems; not with just Grand Chase but with a lot of other games too.

06-18-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

that's kinda bad, so...

VISTA IS BAD FOR YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE!

06-21-2008   #12 (permalink)
Anh
Banned

Anh is on a distinguished road

Vulturas, I would say no.
It's not really bad for you gaming experience.
I own a Vista, and some things may be on the weird side, but overall Vista is great.

And Cujo;
keep up the good work. <3

Last edited by CujoEX; 07-11-2008 at 07:59 PM.

06-21-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

and anh, dun double post-.-

07-23-2008   #14 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

heres a guide to possibly add to yours, its the one i made in may on the Ntreev forums that keeps getting lost in the jungle of trash, its an almost complete guide tech support/bug/glitch/lag guide in the tech support section....

feel free to merge it with yours
i didnt realize you had already posted one on mymmogames.net so i had transfered my guide from the official forums to here
Ntreev version (posted 5/26/08)
mymmo version(transfered over 7/20/08)

10-30-2008   #15 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

multani258 is on a distinguished road

Hey i have a question, my grand chse characters keep losing their weapons. Like i will play one day then a week later i log on and my best weapon is gone. What is happening?

10-30-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Pwntang will become famous soon enoughPwntang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Pwntang
IGN: pumpingheart
Class: guardian
Level: 78
Guild: Fallen

Probably timed equips.

10-31-2008   #17 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

those are not totally related -_-'

Please don't necro a thread, and post something that is not related to them.

If you've questions, please create them in the Q/A section, instead of hijacking others

Thanks!