ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Questions & Answers

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Eliirae is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Eliirae
Class: All of them (GC) to_cat
Level: 34, 33, 16, 8, 2, 13, 41
Default So If I don't PVP much/at all...

How much of the game am I really missing? I don't like PVPing, mainly because it's a grab fest. It's all about who can lag grab, air grab, grab spam, chain grab and not about actually using your character's skills. I mean, just look at battlemage: "omg useless in PVP cuz she can't infinite grab anymore" as if the only good thing a character can do in PVP is grab.

Besides, EXP/GP in PVP is HORRIBLE, regardless of what anyone says...I played about 20 rounds, and I got maybe 1-2% of the exp I'd have gotten from doing a single dungeon run.

Should I bother with GC if I'm not going to PVP 24/7?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Sure, a lot of people only play dungeons. But pvp is a nice change of pace after doing multiple rounds of the same dungeon over and over.

03-26-2010   #3 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

You don't have to PvP, but you'll be missing out on a big part of the game.

03-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
Nue
(・ω・`)

Nue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura about
Class: NEET lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Puella Magi

Back in the day when they gave out the champion armors for monthly rank, pvp used to be great to do because if you were actually able to obtain one of those sets, dungeoning with that character would be really easy.

Now, not so much, I do it mostly for fun/missions.

e: Also, I'm pretty sure BM can still infi-grab, there was one time where I believe the top left spot was glitched for her, and her grab damage was nerfed a crapton, but it was fixed.

03-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiinel
You don't have to PvP, but you'll be missing out on a big part of the game.
That, and you'll be stuck with only 2 jobs for each of your characters if you vow not to PvP at all. So less variety.

...Wait, that's what you were talking about, right, Kaiinel?

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

03-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

Aside from obviously having to PvP for missions, it is good exp, you're just a bit low yet. Most people start PvPing for exp around 47-50, when the missions end. Right now I can get 150k for a minute or two in a PvP match, or I can get 500k for a 10 minute BfB run. In the end, the PvP is more fun, and nets me more exp. The gp pretty much always sucks though.

If you want to just dungeon, go for it. It won't entirely ruin the game for you, though you'll be having a heck of a time leveling once you hit about 50. I believe Kowiz leveled all his chars to 65 before predominately off of dungeoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeheart
That, and you'll be stuck with only 2 jobs for each of your characters if you vow not to PvP at all. So less variety.

That and you'll be unable to get Ryan, Sieghart, or Jin.

03-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

or wait till season 3, lolntreev
and have quests that pretty much rush you to 0-65 in like a week

03-27-2010   #8 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Except considering that half of the existing quests are bugged with Mari, I really doubt it'll happen. If we get them, half of them probably won't work.

Did they just add quests for 48-65 or whatever? or a bunch of new ones all along the way? I'd love to hit 50+ on some of my chars for valk, but the grind has just been frusterating from 47-50. I just can't take that much maw'ing.

We've got potions showing up as drops suddenly, and it's not mentioned in patch notes or as part of the rainbow event, so I'm hoping it's something that slipped in from Season 3 (in response to the removal of mission scrolls), and that we'll be getting it soon

03-28-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Weird how everyone tells me PVP exp is so amazing, when I only get 7.5k for a win on a level 44, where I need about...12million, 20 million? Exp to level up. That would take me days of straight PVPing just to level once.

Unless like zamte says PVP experience skyrockets at 47+..

But the way I currently see it for exp is: I can either PVP for a minute and get 7-14k exp, or dungeon for 5-10minutes and get 500k-2million exp...

That, and I'm sure you're all familiar with my rants on grabbing, and my inability to grab at all in anything other than practice mode, which means never going to be any good, or no hope at winning.

But hey, I don't have some type of personal vendetta against PVP, it's just that currently, it's no fun for me, because I'm never going to be any good at it.

03-28-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Grand ChaseRunescape

Watta is on a distinguished road
IGN: watta
Class: Ryan
Level: 5x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliirae
Weird how everyone tells me PVP exp is so amazing, when I only get 7.5k for a win on a level 44, where I need about...12million, 20 million? Exp to level up. That would take me days of straight PVPing just to level once.

Unless like zamte says PVP experience skyrockets at 47+..

But the way I currently see it for exp is: I can either PVP for a minute and get 7-14k exp, or dungeon for 5-10minutes and get 500k-2million exp...

That, and I'm sure you're all familiar with my rants on grabbing, and my inability to grab at all in anything other than practice mode, which means never going to be any good, or no hope at winning.

But hey, I don't have some type of personal vendetta against PVP, it's just that currently, it's no fun for me, because I'm never going to be any good at it.
Pvp is crap for exp end of story there is no way your going to be getting matches every minute and them lasting 1 minute it takes me anywhere from 1-30mins to get 1 pvp match using an elesis if your a lire or arme just literally give up. 3-5 min runs in maw 1mil exp or 200k exp for i guess 10mins in pvp you choose

03-28-2010   #11 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:

That's one of the things I'm talking about.

03-28-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:

That doesn't really bother me that much, because I can gather up enough wins to finish those requirements given enough time ._.

03-28-2010   #13 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

Well, this thread was called 'So If I don't PvP Much/At All...' so...

-shrugs-

I don't remember Jin requiring PvP wins though. I'll check on that.
EDIT: Nope. He doesn't.

03-28-2010   #14 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

He doesn't? Could have sworn he required 20.

I dunno what's wrong with it Ellirae. Perhaps they lowered the exp. Though I think if they did, I'd have heard a ton of uproar about it. I was getting more than 7k for a win when I was leveling Elesis from 25-30. My chars in the low 40s get like 100k for a win.

The expectation is you have friends to PvP with by the time you're in the high 40s, and can just PvP all day with them in survival or even team games for quick matches, fun, and exp. There's no rule against PvPing with friends so long as you're not swapping it.

The reason PvP is the good way to level is, the exp you get goes up every single level. Somebody at 70 is still going to get like 400k for a BfB, or 600-800k for a Maw run. However by that level they may get (I have no idea obviously, but I can guess) 500k per PvP win.

03-29-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Right, well, I don't see how you people can possibly get tons of exp from PVP. That 7k per win at level 44 I was talking about was WITH a queens jewel for 2x xp >_>

Maybe I'm just getting the short end of the stick somehow.

03-29-2010   #16 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Are you certain you're not looking at GP or SP. EXP? I've got some screens of some games I won on Sieg only a month or so ago, getting 40k EXP with no QJ as a 34. Exp is under GP, for some reason, so I can see how you'd make the mistake at a glance. There's honestly no reason you should be getting only 7k with a QJ at 44. It should be more like 100-120k.

Found another screen I took earlier with me using my Lass. He got 30,240 for a loss at 46. The winner, a lire, got 140,400 at 45, and her teammate (People DCed so I got 2v1ed) was a 35 arme and got 43,200.

In that later screen, the lire got around 8k Sp. Exp. That would be in line with what you're saying.

Last edited by Zamte; 03-29-2010 at 08:46 PM.

03-30-2010   #17 (permalink)
Nue
(・ω・`)

Nue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura about
Class: NEET lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Puella Magi

I never bothered to notice, plus I usually only do 1v1 rooms; but more people in a room means more exp/gp/skexp per win/loss iirc.

Don't chew my head off if I'm wrong, I honestly never think about the exp I'm getting when I pvp. .-.

03-30-2010   #18 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

I usually get my arse handed to me due to some of the lag that's caused by my 'ancient' connection, so I usually steer clear from PvP once I get all jobs for that character (or if there are no 3rd or 4th jobs for a character) and just dungeon. Course, that gets old for a while, and I don't even try to spam Maw. I usually aim for the places that nobody goes to (Valstrath, Altar of Judgment, Temple of Destruction, the whole of Silver Land just for fun, etc.)

But PvPing every once in a while with people around my level is good. I also try to be a good sport about my losses, although a 36% win rate won't get you many teammates (Ugh...People are too serious sometimes...). You'd be amazed at how many friends you can make just for being a good sport.

03-30-2010   #19 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Getting exp in pvp at 40- IS slow.
Reason all my characters never leveled up much, because all I did was pvp.

imo pvp is fun if you do it with friends.
Even if you're horrible, if you keep on pvping, you'l just get better.
I've pvp'd so much that it only takes me 1-5 minutes to learn how to play a character completely. Except for the stuff that requires flash steps and stuff like that, since I never bothered learning them, since.. There's really no point in learning how to.

03-30-2010   #20 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nue
I never bothered to notice, plus I usually only do 1v1 rooms; but more people in a room means more exp/gp/skexp per win/loss iirc.

Don't chew my head off if I'm wrong, I honestly never think about the exp I'm getting when I pvp. .-.
I don't believe it does. All my PvPing is done in either 1v1 games with my my couple or in 3v3 rooms with my couple, and I've never noticed a difference in my exp gains.