ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Questions & Answers

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames
Default Ryan Requirements?

Does anyone want to enlighten me as to requirements for unlocking Ryan in the other GC versions? I heard Lass's were sort of similar for us when he came out, albeit a little more difficult...

I heard that you only needed to do Kaze'aze's Castle on one star in some other versions, and that doesn't even compare to what we had to do, what with not dying and such.

I'll just be a little worried about spam when Ryan's requirement turns out to be do Battle of Bermesiah 10 times alone in a row naked without dying once. Or something.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Feeline will become famous soon enoughFeeline will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feeline
IGN: .
Class: Human
Level: .
Guild: .

I just rely on what this post says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamte
In bGC, according to my friend who translated, all you have to do to get Ryan is win PvP for 20 medals, collect some fragment type items in Partusay's Sea, and beat Elizabeth in Marsh of Despair 20 times. So he should be easier to get than Lass, even if he is introduced later on. All those things ought to be soloable for a 25-30 easy.

There is no 1v1 in team.

07-07-2008   #3 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I hope they don't change that. Otherwise, once again we'd get nubs pestering high levels for help and high levels snubbing lower levels who aren't all that bad. Then you get the idiots who say "Just buy cash". We ALL love wasting real money on something when it's unnecessary. Heck, money grows on trees. *goes outside and picks a few bills*

07-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
I hope they don't change that. Otherwise, once again we'd get nubs pestering high levels for help and high levels snubbing lower levels who aren't all that bad. Then you get the idiots who say "Just buy cash". We ALL love wasting real money on something when it's unnecessary. Heck, money grows on trees. *goes outside and picks a few bills*
So, how's the pot growing business?

07-07-2008   #5 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

O.o Who TOLD YOU?!

07-07-2008   #6 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

Well, I really wouldn't be surprised if they made us beat some Xenia dungeons for him, although I hope they don't. I just wish they'd focus less on making money off of unlocking/advancing the chars and more on making money from the equipment.

I'd feel like I was wasting my cash spending $10 to unlock a character. $2.50 for a job change isn't so bad, but I could still do it for free. Whereas gear continues to have a use, so it feels like a much better waste of my money.

07-07-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Eliirae is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Eliirae
Class: All of them (GC) to_cat
Level: 34, 33, 16, 8, 2, 13, 41

Well, seeing as we here in america just LOOOOVE big numbers and LOOOOVE grinding for hours on end, doing super hard tasks, because we're just THAT AWESOME, I wouldn't be surprised if Ntreev made us do some stupidly hard dungeon in xenia 500 times, just because we're that HARDCORE

/sarcasm

07-07-2008   #8 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Well, a lot of it has to do with something else. Americans do seem to have this love of being the best. I'm not really like that, but I know of some who are.

For instance, the other day on the main GC forums, some people were discussing job change levels. Yakuza suggested 60 for 4th job. Now to me, in a game like this, that sounds crazy. Higher jobs do tend to be better, but it's not like most games where higher jobs are super charged compared to lower jobs. Jobs here offer a new playstyle for the character with some slight boosts in power, but nothing so major that a higher class is far and beyond superior. I don't really think it's neccesary to make the higher jobs some super high level to obtain. However some people see it as a major accomplishment to unlock them, and they want to be able to be proud of being one of the few people to do it. This kind of thought process fuels Ntreev, and makes them come up with ridiculous requirements compared to other versions, and it creates the "rift", between the higher level elitists and the lower level beggars.

In general, the hardcore members who strive to be the best set the bar for the rest of us. Unfortunately, it tends to alienate a lot of less motivated, fun-seeking players from the games, but in the end, it makes the companies the most money and generally creates a competitive environment, which is what's good for their wallets.

I'd personally like to see the quests be the same as the other versions. Unlocking characters should be easy missions, while advancing classes should be the tougher missions. I'm totally fine with the job advancement missions being a bit difficult or time consuming, so long as the levels on them aren't insanely high.

Ryan's probably going to be my main character, so I would like to see him not require something I'll have to grind Ronan up for another month to be able to do, just to replace Ronan with Ryan.

Last edited by Zamte; 07-07-2008 at 10:45 PM.

07-08-2008   #9 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Fortunately, what all of the elitist pricks want (20-40-60) is almost guaranteed to NOT happen. The high levels don't set the bar with Ntreev. Don't believe me? go play Trickster and see how much high end content there is for the high levels. They screwed over high levels so hard for so long that they gained a reputation for flipping the bird to high levels.

But, that notwithstanding, what will determine the difficulty is one thing, and one thing only: money. They will make it so that as many ppl as possible can access it, yet make the GP version DIFFICULT enough to convince ppl to pay cash.

So yeh, all the high levels wanting over lvl40 for 4th job can pretty much stop dreaming. It won't happen. The fact that our 4th job may be lvl40 is bad enough, as it makes it the most difficult of ALL the versions, 50 will be beyond ridiculous and not to mention it will simply make ppl go to GC SEA in the long run. Ntreev will not kill their business in such a stupid way by listening to the elitist few.

07-08-2008   #10 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

I understand that working towards things is good motivation. However if they take too long to achieve then the motivation begins to run out before the goal is reached.

I like GC because unlike most games of it's type, like Rakion and Gunbound, GP is easy to earn and you don't have to grind your ass off to afford the most basic stuff. GP here is easy to make, levels aren't overly difficult to earn. I much believe that everything in the game ought to be free, with better stuff for payers. This gives an advantage to payers but doesn't leave free players out of anything.

I still don't see why they don't just do the same thing for gear as for mission scrolls. Screw the GP sets and Cash sets. Make ALL sets GP, and make ALL sets have a "Cash version", that's automatically 25% or so stronger in all stats than the GP versions. Then free players can play free, have gear for all their levels, but cash players can still be stronger. It also makes it harder for people to single out "Cash players", and treat them badly for being cash users, because their gear could potentially be GP gear.

07-08-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

20 Marsh of Oblivion runs?! Christ. They better change that for our version. I mean..... At least running Gaikoz 30+ times just to get 2nd Jobs gives good EXP.

07-08-2008   #12 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Yeah but Marsh is a lot faster too. I can do Marsh *** runs in like 8-10 minutes, and I'm only level 32.

07-08-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

with lvl 30+ marsh of oblivion is too easy, soloed that place from level 15>.>(with mah elesis)

07-08-2008   #14 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all

Someone should close this thread, as it's managed to spiral completely off-topic.

07-08-2008   #15 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Well the question was answered and now we're continuing to discuss possibilities. With as few threads as people seem to bother making around here, we need to get actual discussions going, not ask for closes everytime questions are answered. =P

07-08-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Lost SagaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterElswordLa Tale

Nekoji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nekoji Send a message via MSN to Nekoji Send a message via Yahoo to Nekoji Send a message via Skype™ to Nekoji
Class: May(Guilty Gear) to_gambler
Level: 51
Guild: Itadakimasu/Nameless

My guess it will be something like what we had to do for Lass except at the battle for bernisiah

07-08-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Eliirae is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Eliirae
Class: All of them (GC) to_cat
Level: 34, 33, 16, 8, 2, 13, 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoji
My guess it will be something like what we had to do for Lass except at the battle for bernisiah
the Lass GP mission is stupid enough as it is, if they're going to do that but make it the battle for bermesiah dungeon, they might as well make the Ryan GP scroll level 40+ only

07-08-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

NuvaXThrower is on a distinguished road
IGN: NuvaXThrower
Class: ArchRanger & Dark Assassin to_thiefmaster
Level: Lvl 39 Lire, Lvl 35 Lass
Guild: Synergy

The 20 wins thing,
will bring swappers
or bring another new breed of swappers >.>

07-08-2008   #19 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

You should make your own thread then, where you and the other person you're 'discussing' with can continue your tl;dr over-analysis.

07-08-2008   #20 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

It's a forum. It's for discussion. Why are you so irritated that we're discussing the same thing you were asking about, just not in the terms of your question? You can call it an "over-analysis", but that's your opinion.

We were discussing Ryan's quest in other versions and how it's going to appear here. How it could be more difficult, probably will be more difficult, and why. I'm even the one who supplied your answer, although my post was quoted by somebody else.

Seriously, there's no reason to get bent out of shape. Oh no, somebody is having on topic discussion in a threat I started and I don't want it there! Get it out! Geeze.