ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Questions & Answers

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TRlP is on a distinguished road
Default Frequent lag..

Hi, i was wondering if any1 else experiences lag in this game.. usually when i play a game, and it starts lagging, i think its the host who lags (most of the time they do.) but then again, lot of times ppl said i've been lagging.

sometimes i lag, sometimes i dont, if there anyway to make it lag-free? im not downloading anything or anything of the sort. and i ahve windows vista (if that may be the problem =/)

anyway, someone please help . thanks

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Zyeal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zyeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlP
Hi, i was wondering if any1 else experiences lag in this game.. usually when i play a game, and it starts lagging, i think its the host who lags (most of the time they do.) but then again, lot of times ppl said i've been lagging.

sometimes i lag, sometimes i dont, if there anyway to make it lag-free? im not downloading anything or anything of the sort. and i ahve windows vista (if that may be the problem =/)

anyway, someone please help . thanks
If your memory on your computer is getting full, It can cause lag
If you have too many window's up on your computer, it can cause lag
If your host lag's, it can cause lag
If you NEVER (or rarely) Shut down your computer, it can cause lag

Grand Chase Has a Peer to Peer connection, If you host lags it can cause everyone else to lag. Just ask yakuza53 lol he has is lag moments. I would adivise anyone with a 1999 computer not to play modarn games and just stick to runescape...

07-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

It's not so much the age of the computer but the state of it.

If the PC hasn't been defragged in a long while, has viruses or spyware, or is overloaded with old outdated registry values and files and hasn't been reformatted in a long while, it can also cause the system to function significantly lower than it could.

07-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

The main cause of lag is the fact that the game is a peer to peer game. Instead of all players connecting to a server which hosts the games, the game has one player's computer host. And there are plenty of factors. The distance between players, the connection speed of players, computer settings, ISPs restricting connections, etc.

But really, it all comes down to this: The peer to peer system works just fine in the country of the game's origin, South Korea, which is small, and high speed internet is easily available. Same goes for Japan. Small country, high speed internet available everywhere. System works fine. But here's the thing, it does NOT work for America, which has states bigger than the formentioned nations, high speed internet isn't available everywhere, so there is obviously much bigger distances between players in gGC. And this is just America alone. Add in the fact that people outside of America also play gGC.....

Not to say that people not taking care of their computers has nothing to do with it.

07-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

I believe, that what you're talking about is INTERNET LAG, no?
If thats so, go disable your Nagle. That should help by quite abit.
And from what I've heard, if the host is lagging... So will you. So good luck on that.

Its better to play with people with LESS INTERNET LAG. Have fun.

This is Kyuubey

07-04-2008   #6 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

The game is Peer to Peer ONLY inside of hosted games.

If he's suddenly lagging when he wasen't before, internet-based lag is most likely not the problem.

As for internet speeds, and internet lag, it will be a thing of the past here in the next 3 or 4 years. They've been working on a new type of internet connection using fiber optics, and have managed to get something like 2gb/second connection speeds to the backbones from the end user in the parts of Europe where they're testing. Once the technology is widely available, lag from little packets won't ever occur again.

07-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TRlP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
I believe, that what you're talking about is INTERNET LAG, no?
If thats so, go disable your Nagle. That should help by quite abit.
And from what I've heard, if the host is lagging... So will you. So good luck on that.

Its better to play with people with LESS INTERNET LAG. Have fun.
what is nagle o.o

07-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/tech...-xp-vista.html

Try this.