ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/)
-   -   GC hates Vista? (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/1278-gc-hates-vista.html)

LiLMewmew 06-22-2008 12:42 PM

GC hates Vista?
 
I use to play GC on my old computer, which has Windows XP.
However, recently, I bought a new computer (with a far better video card and all) which runs on Windows Vista. Unfortunately, when I tried running GC on it, it showed the patching screen, and patch was successful. So, I pressed 'Play' and nothing came up.

So, my conclusion is: Vista hates GC?
Any people here has Vista that can run GC? Please help. :puppy:

Jumpstart 06-22-2008 12:58 PM

well i don't have vista but alot of people have problems with vista+GC so it's a pretty common question so I'll leave the smarter people to answer ^^

BatgirlZKE 06-22-2008 09:30 PM

I have Vista and Grand Chase works just fine.

Avarice 06-23-2008 09:09 AM

To OP.

I have Vista and my GC works fine. A lot of vista users have this problem on the official forums, so check there if I fail at explaining.

If nothing comes up after you hit START in the blue or whatever colour box it is, then right click the Grand chase Icon.

Go down to preferences and (I kinda forget what to do here now, because I'm on my brother's sucky laptop that doesn't have GC) go through the tabs and try to find a drop down box at the top of one of the tabs. I think it says run using preferences for or something like that. Anyway, if you find that, change it to Windows XP.

Now just rightclick again and hit run as administrator.

CujoEX 06-23-2008 12:30 PM

Actually, it's not just GC that has compatibility problems with Vista. A lot of games have problems with Vista because of the updates in drivers. If you recently got Vista, then I suggest updating every driver in your computer in order for programs to function properly. If there's any compatibility problem with a program and Vista, you can always right click>Properties and click the Compatibility Tab. There, you can change it to any older Window OS's.

someonehollow 06-25-2008 06:50 PM

i have a question too
my comp is a vista too
and whenever i try to setup by clicking the icon
it starts loading
then my desktop is frozen
and the setup never shows up
how would i fix it
i checked my compatibility i got everything
so i don't see a problem with my comp

SpinSpinBunny 06-26-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someonehollow (Post 23603)
i have a question too
my comp is a vista too
and whenever i try to setup by clicking the icon
it starts loading
then my desktop is frozen
and the setup never shows up
how would i fix it
i checked my compatibility i got everything
so i don't see a problem with my comp

Vista does that with almost any big installation I suggest waiting a few min.

CujoEX 06-26-2008 08:42 PM

You can also try right clicking the launcher and choosing "Run as Administrator" to solve any frozen button or launcher bugs.

Spectre 06-28-2008 09:26 AM

my gf uses Vista, only problem she has is the sound, which is fixed by playing music, and than turning it off, same with eTO.

Sounds like you need a driver update is all, also...do you have Vista SP1?, that could fix it

Silver Rook 06-28-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuflisch (Post 27997)
my gf uses Vista, only problem she has is the sound, which is fixed by playing music, and than turning it off, same with eTO.

Sounds like you need a driver update is all, also...do you have Vista SP1?, that could fix it

Miyuki has a more advanced way of fixing this bug... But its tedious to go through all the steps lol..

xxShippo 06-30-2008 08:10 PM

I have vista as well and it's always worked fine.. with the exception of 1 time.. but everyone else's vista didn't work as well =)

Zyeal 06-30-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLMewmew (Post 16309)
I use to play GC on my old computer, which has Windows XP.
However, recently, I bought a new computer (with a far better video card and all) which runs on Windows Vista. Unfortunately, when I tried running GC on it, it showed the patching screen, and patch was successful. So, I pressed 'Play' and nothing came up.

So, my conclusion is: Vista hates GC?
Any people here has Vista that can run GC? Please help. :puppy:

Ok Vista is supose to be a realy good software, It give's good anti-virus protection and since it so secure it has issues with MMO's in general. What you have to do is right click (make sure you have adminstrative power) and press "Run as adminstrator" some games will have the Desktop Icon and a rainbow sheild thingy saying that you do NOT have to click "Run as admnstrator" But yeah Vista Hates GC.:lol:

KiddyKiddy 07-22-2008 03:53 AM

lol that happened to me 1 time and i got really irritated so i uninstalled it (idk y but my computer takes hours to download online games..gc took me 3 hours so i got pissed all that waiting was wasted) after i uninstalled it i went bak to trickster and maybe a couple months later i tried my 2nd attempt and downloading took only about 2 hours. after that wen i press start it was ok. ya i have vista 2. idk y my 1st try didnt work lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.