ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/)
-   -   If I were to ever start GC.. (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-questions-answers/1184-if-i-were-ever-start-gc.html)

Anh 06-21-2008 11:32 PM

If I were to ever start GC..

This is what I want to know -
-Is this a type of game where you would need to start out with large sums of currency? (etc. Maplestory requires Large sums of meso to develop a great character.)
-What would the rating on GC be, according to MyMMOgames members?
-I have seen screenshots of the game, yes, but can anyone explain to me the gameplay of GC? (I have never actually played GC, wanting to, but currently in Korea, and going back to the US after summer break.)
-Which character would be good to start out with, or is it the player's opinion?

Q&A, please.

Guiles 06-21-2008 11:54 PM

Nah, you really don't need any money to start out with. No way to get it, anyhow--no trading system or storage, like in Maplestory.

I find now that I always have TOO MUCH GP.

The gameplay is like Lunia meets Maplestory with a Kartrider interface. (Seriously, the font is even the same)

You're free to move around however you want, perform your skills and attacks, and evade if necessary. It's easy to go through dungeons without even getting hit, if you play it safe.

As for starting out, that's your opinion.

blehnewish 06-21-2008 11:56 PM

GC, through dungeon playing and even PvPing, gives you enough GP to purchase all the equip you could ever want; the only real cash sinks are amulets and necklaces, where you often have to pay millions to get it to level 9.

Let's see... I'd give GC a 8/10. It's fun, it's awesome, but it needs something else other than fighting. Not that the fighting isn't fun.

Basically, you control a character street-fighter style; you use your attacks by chaining together arrow keys and Z keys. The key differences are that the screen is a lot bigger, it follows a storyline, and it has more equip, leveling, stuff like that. It's really fun and strategic, especially in PvP.

And let's see... Elesis is easy to play, Arme is slightly harder, and Lire is harder than Arme. But it really depends on your play style. I'd say, try all three and see which one you like the best.

Vulturas 06-22-2008 12:00 AM

I like this game 9/10, it needs a big storage tho lol>.>
but it's fun, easy chaining hits, devastating skills and so on^.^

Anh 06-22-2008 01:15 AM

Hmm, I see.

I'm truly getting into GC, this crave to play it.

Yakuza53 06-22-2008 07:31 AM

I think i'm actually the only "high" level without cash i'm a pure gp lvl 48 lire so it's cool i'm only semi-pro and high lvl without cash so of course you can do it

I would give it a 9.5/10

Don't trust too much in the ScreenShots most make it look stupid it's a lot better trust me

Really it's up to you i picked lire to be unique because not many use her and i'm doing good so get them all to lvl 10 or so and see what you like best

Hope to see you ingame ^_^
P.S. This game has BY FAR the best PvP of any game i've EVER played

Zamte 06-23-2008 12:17 AM

Just as an example on the money situation...

After getting ONLY Ronan, to level 28, and Elesis to level 8, I was able to buy my Meister Clan set (70k), my meister clan sword (50kish), and my Moonlight glaive (another 50kish), and still have well over 400k left. Sets and weapons cost like nothing compared to what you earn in the dungeons or PvP rooms, and there's no real upkeep since pots only come from missions and not from the store.

Shirakani 06-23-2008 02:21 AM

Heh, by the time you're over lvl30, money flows like water. I'm at a point now where i'm CONSTANTLY needing to just buy Gems from the shop as i keep hitting the GP cap (999,999 is max) too often. After a certain point, the only use you'll have for GP are 2 things; 1) buying Gems for upgrading necklaces and feeding pets 2) buying pet attacks.

That is all. GP really loses it's use after a while. Part of why they're making necklace upgrading so damn hard to +9 is there'd be NO use for GP otherwise...

Noctis 06-23-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakuza53 (Post 15662)
I think i'm actually the only "high" level without cash i'm a pure gp lvl 48 lire so it's cool i'm only semi-pro and high lvl without cash so of course you can do it

I would give it a 9.5/10

Don't trust too much in the ScreenShots most make it look stupid it's a lot better trust me

Really it's up to you i picked lire to be unique because not many use her and i'm doing good so get them all to lvl 10 or so and see what you like best

Hope to see you ingame ^_^
P.S. This game has BY FAR the best PvP of any game i've EVER played

Lol. Lire to be unique? I guess in the beginning when most people didn't look around at the different characters and just mindlessly started playing Elesis it was unique to play Lire. Now, it's not so much. Just a kind of spread across the board.

What everyone says about money is true. You'll get PLENTY from doing dungeons and pvp. You'll even find yourself buying gems when you don't need them just to waste some money. Which is what I recommend when you have too much money. Blow it on some gems. You're gonna need it.

For starting character, it's up to you. I would recommend trying each of them out to see which suits you best.

I rate the game 8/10. I love the game.