ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Hunting Grounds (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-hunting-grounds/)
-   -   PvP Tournament - Grand Chase Serdin Cup (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-hunting-grounds/37800-pvp-tournament-grand-chase-serdin-cup.html)

Shazbot 02-03-2009 03:06 PM

PvP Tournament - Grand Chase Serdin Cup

How will this work?
You are to PM the respective judge that will be confirming the match. Rawrs will be watching match 1 to 4. I will be watching match 5 to 8. PM one of is, the one who's judging your competition:

">Rawrs Hi. I'm contestant 2423."

We will respond by giving you the password to the room. Outside spectators are not allowed, and we ask that you do not invite your friends to "watch the match". 1 Match determines the game. The judges are there to check your stats and to make sure you follow the rules. Once the game has started, the Judge will leave. It is up to the two contestants to tell who wins.
The loser PMs me who won the match. In your PM Message, include the match name, the name of the winner, your number and his/her number, etc.

Example:

*Player A sends me a PM*
My Number: 7256
Player B (5427) won the match.
-screenshot-

Note: You will not be PM'd anytime before the match: "Your match begins in ____ minutes". It is your responsibility to be on time.

Matches will take place on March, 7th, Saturday, 2009.

Rawrs' Matches
Match 1 - 4:00 PM EST
2423 vs 6550

Match 2 - 4:30 PM EST
8754 vs 2024

Match 3 - 5:00 PM EST
6202 vs 1750

Match 4 - 5:30 PM EST
4012 vs 6513

Egeus' Matches
Match 5 - 6:00 PM EST
6732 vs 5465

Match 6 - 6:30 PM EST
0350 vs 4536

Match 7 - 7:00 PM EST
0143 vs 2440

Match 8 - 7:30 PM EST
0236 vs 8501

--------------------------------

Updates
Some modifications have been made:
*NEW*
Only 16 people can enter now, no longer is it 32.

Auto has been allowed, since... DA's Air combo isn't an otto to the official forums.
Spots will no longer be filled on a "first-come, first serve" basis, but through a draw, done on the 27th.
Winning a match is now determined by one battle, not three. Rematches may be held only if a disconnection, rule violation, etc. happens.
Rawrs is now listed as a referee. I think kowiz wants to be one, but he never said anything. =<
Overall stat limit is now 1800 points, not 2400.
The maximum stat for any grade is now 1000. e.g., you can have 1000 attack, but not over 1000 attack. 8D

And soon, I will smash my number pad to determine contestant numbers for y'all.

*epic banner!*

Grand Chase Serdin Cup Tournament

Grand Chase Serdin Cup is a single elimination 1v1 PvP Tournament. Me, and several others, will monitor all the matches. Each round takes in a new different setting, requiring you to possibly use a different set of tactics to win. Anyone can join, and everyone has the ability to win.

Referees-
LilShazbot (Egeus)
Rawrs (Rawrs)

How do I enter?
Reply to this thread with your In-game Character name, and time zone. Spots are filled up through a drawing method.
You will be PM’d with details of your match when spots have been filled, and your opponent has been chosen. The PM will include the map you’re playing in, your opponent, and the time it’s going to take place, in PST time.
PM me if you want to be a referee as well. You cannot be both, however.

Requirements
• Only 16 participants are allowed to enter
• The participants’ character choice must be at least Level 35
• The overall stat amount must be below 1800. (Example, 600 Attack, 600 Defense, 600 Vitality)
• The maximum stat for any grade is now 1000. e.g., you can have 1000 attack, but not over 1000 attack. 8D

Format
• Single elimination tournament, by match; Matches are held in Free Class, Gorgos Server
• Pets attacks are enabled, set effects (such as Castle Lord) are disabled
• 1 Battle is done to determine the match
• A disconnection will forfeit the current battle. If the disconnected player does not return to the room within 10 minutes of leaving, the match, as a result, be forfeited
• Not showing up for a match counts as a loss. If neither participants shows up, then they both are disqualified, and the next contestant receives a bye
• Each match has a limit of 20 minutes, if the match does not end by then, both players are disqualified
• Hacking, using “Macro’s”, and any other 3rd party programs that will mod your game play are prohibited during this competition and will result in a disqualification if discovered

Miscellaneous
• All matches must be monitored by a chosen referee
• Autoshot is allowed during this tournament
• Violation of any listed tournament rules will result in disqualification
• Accidental Violations may result in a termination of the current battle, and have it redone

Information about each round will be updated in this post, so checking back to this thread is recommended. When you apply for the spot in the tournament, you’ll be receiving a tag with your contestant number on it.

e.g. Contestant 0721

Information about your opponent is then posted in the brackets.

e.g. Contestant 0721 vs. Contestant 0754

Brackets will be made when all spots are filled.

-Wind at your backs,
Grand Chase Knights

Time Schedule

Round 1 - Day 1 (Saturday, February 7, 2009)
Match 1 - 5:00 PM EST
Match 2 - 5:30 PM EST
Match 3 - 6:00 PM EST
Match 4 - 6:30 PM EST
Match 5 - 7:00 PM EST
Match 6 - 7:30 PM EST
Match 8 - 8:00 PM EST

Jokerz 02-03-2009 04:35 PM

All ottoshot? Including DA's?

Shazbot 02-03-2009 05:06 PM

Yes. Now, that may seem unfair, but it's not as "omgwtfhax" as everyone thinks it to be. I've already found my ways around it. >)

Remembrance 02-03-2009 07:45 PM

I'll probably miss the 2nd and 3rd rounds due to church...

In game name; RemChu
Time zone; EST

Shoo 02-03-2009 07:55 PM

I would enter, but church prevents me from entering the second and third rounds as well. Oh well, good luck to all contestants!~

Remembrance 02-03-2009 07:59 PM

lol u too? my dad is like the youth pastor so......my church gets out around 12pm something est and i get home by like 4 pmest....=_= then gotta drive back to the dorm around 10 pm est........
well i went way off topic "O_O

I'll still win though

Noctis 02-03-2009 08:39 PM

Non-church going Agnostic for the win!! I guess I'll sign up. I hope I'll be able to participate though.

DUHgoBackToBasics 02-04-2009 04:11 PM

dam =.= cant play GC on saturday and sunday and sometimes friday coz of mine faimlly buisness =/ gl to you all

Noctis 02-04-2009 06:59 PM

Man... I hope I'm not the only one who can join... *looks around nervously*

Shazbot 02-04-2009 07:05 PM

I didn't expect this many church-goers. *looks at previous tournament*

I could move the time further on to maybe like 7 or 8 PM for the last match.

The thing is, I'm away for my mornings on Saturday, and until I can get a referee, I don't plan to put any matches during that time.

Kowiz 02-04-2009 07:30 PM

could always try putting it on like two saturdays

DUHgoBackToBasics 02-04-2009 10:04 PM

other thing tho i think the stats should be less coz 1 not everyone on GC has stats like that 800 def att and vit =.= i think the stats should be gear down to a certain letter like b- or b

incase i can play im not sure atm

GC name----pye
time---central(chicago)

soo... this include like no otto from like spearman or anything like that?

Arinoa 02-05-2009 01:12 AM

Alright i'm here Eggy, since you forced me to, yet another forum to look at Dx

IGN: Arinoa
Timezone: GMT +2

Hm, more people are going to sign up right? heh..

Remembrance 02-05-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowiz (Post 701468)
could always try putting it on like two saturdays

Thats my bible study day http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/faceplam.png

GreedyAriel 02-06-2009 01:13 AM

is this full yet o_o?
like is there other forums about this some where else
and it got like full? o-o lol

Shazbot 02-06-2009 06:00 AM

No I'm only advertising it here, and at Saturday is when I post the link on the official forums. Gives people here more of a chance. :3

hueyple 02-06-2009 03:11 PM

hmm... idk what time soon i'm in
but i'd love to join lol

IGN - hueyple
Character - ryan maybe?

Noctis 02-06-2009 03:40 PM

Oh. I forgot.

IGN: Noctis
Time zone: EST

GreedyAriel 02-08-2009 04:09 AM

IGN - Ciao
-8 GMT

Shazbot 02-08-2009 09:22 AM

Some modifications have been made:

Auto has been allowed, since... DA's Air combo isn't an otto to the official forums.
Spots will no longer be filled on a "first-come, first serve" basis, but through a draw, done on the 27th.
Winning a match is now determined by one battle, not three. Rematches may be held only if a disconnection, rule violation, etc. happens.
Rawrs is now listed as a referee. I think kowiz wants to be one, but he never said anything. =<

And soon, I will smash my number pad to determine contestant numbers for y'all.