MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-31-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu
Default A Shazzy Guide to a PvP Warlock

It's incomplete, I'll just put what I have right now and edit things into it later. Also, the monotone look is all for Microsoft Word to blame! /runs And before I make one section, i always complete the one before it, so keep that in mind, if you think that's all there is to it.

A Shazzy Guide to Warlock PvP

History
04/09/09 - Updated "Introduction"
02/15/09 - Started Combos
02/09/09 - Finished Skills Analysis
02/01/09 - Finished "Basics" for Regular Attacks

Table of Contents
I.Introduction
II.Basics
III.Skills
IV.Combos *getting there*
V.Team Battle
VI.Map Strategies
VII.Class Strategies
VIII.Egeus' Answering Corner
IX.Credits *It's not the last section, but it's so I don't get plagiarized*
<Haven't figured out yet>

Introduction
This is my first guide that I actually tried to make in-depth, I accept constructive criticism, but not flames. And so, here’s my guide.

Out of the four classes which Arme has, I can confidently say that Warlock could possibly be the least popular of the four. Unlike the other three classes, Warlock does not have any MP Regeneration capabilities, one of the possible reasons why it’s less popular. A good thing, however, is that she gains a bit more melee capabilities, so you can cover up easily for your MP conserving-thing.

Why should I use warlock?
Now, this is a question anyone would ask with any class: Why use that class? Well, Warlock offers a different style of gameplay compared to Arme's other classes.

Pros:
-Has many attacks that could literally cover the entire, if not most, of the battlefield
-Regular attacks do great amounts of damage
-With "Shield", you stand more of a chance against Lires

Now, Warlock has many pros that makes it very unique amongst other classes/jobs. As we all know, Arme is the only character (other than Lire) without Arrow defence, potentially making it the hardest character for Arme-users to fight. Warlock gets the ability to reflect projectiles, not all, but most of Lire's attacks can be reflected. Unlike her other classes, she does not receive any ability to recover MP, which may slow you down, but shouldn't, because her regular attacks deal enough damage to make up for the MP loss. Also, her regular skills can cover most of the range, so approaching your enemy isn't required when your goal is to hit them.

Cons:
-Your stun recovery is half a second longer
-No MP Recharge like the other classes
-Unlike Mage and Alchemist, you do not have any supportive spells

Now, one of the obvious Cons to Warlock, is the MP Regen. All of Arme's other classes have the ability to recharge their MP, while Warlock has to wait for the auto-regen. Thankfully, she starts off with 1 and a half bars of MP already filled. Though it may seem like a drag, in a PvP match, you might not have time to MP Recharge anyway, so it shouldn't drag you down that much if Warlock can't do it. The biggest problem I've ever encountered is the stun recovery. If you're standing, and your opponent does a knockdown technique, your stun recovery will take half a second longer than other classes. What this also means that if you and someone else both hit each other, making both of you stunned, the other person will recover faster from it.

Basics
Though Warlock’s attacks may seem useless; I will give you my pointers on each of her normal attacks. I don’t have any of the “.gif” ‘s to show you, but I’ll give them to you whenever I have time.

Dash
[Dash Gif]
I find Arme’s dash in particular extremely useful. When you dash, you become invincible unless you cancel it by jumping, skilling, pressing Z, or when the dash ends. Also, if on a platform, you can press the Down key anytime during the dash to jump the platform, but remain invincible. Pressing Forward, Forward + Down allows you to extend your dash time, and your distance. It can also help you get closer to your enemies, but going down from a platform, then proceeding to a grab, Skill, Arme’s dash Combo, or a jump attack to stun. This is something you definitely want to make part of your PvP routine.

Regular Jump Attack
[Regular Jump Gif]
Her Jump attack is one of the three melee attacks that Arme has, and also the one I find most useful. This is something that I also use numerous times in PvP. It’s not only good in reach, but also height. You can easily reach people above you, so if they plan to dash over you, or jump on the platform right above yours, you can easily just smack them down. Also, the recovery time is very little to nothing at all. Feel free to use it, land on the ground, and recover from it almost instantly. If it hits someone when they’re standing still, stationary, etc, they’ll be stunned, giving you time to do a decisive grab right after. This attack is able to cancel out your summoning.

Lamp Smash Jump Attack
[Pot Smash Attack Gif]
This is another one of her melee attacks. Now this attack is a little more difficult, there’s less of a range, height-wise, but length-wise, is pretty nifty. It knocks the opponent down, so this is something you might want to consider using if someone is in fatal, and you’re unable to grab the person, hit him in the air, etc. It does good damage as well, but in a battle of priority, the Regular Jump Attack should be used. Also, it can hit behind you to an extent.

Dash Combo
[Dash Combo lolz]
This is a high damaging attack, but it’s not commonly done, nor should you try to do it often unless you know it’ll hit. If your opponent is in the air, the first hit will knock the person down. There are only slight chances where the second hit might miraculously bring him/her back up. Use this attack when its almost guaranteed the person cannot jump to avoid the whole thing, such as after the person used a skill, or after you cast Tornado successfully.

Lesser Undine
[Lesser Undine]
This is one of the very attacks I find practical for Arme, especially in platformed areas. It goes up and then does a curve, which comes down at a great distance (Forgotten City, for example). This is extremely useful against those whose strategy in PvP is to avoid. You should also use this against characters that have the advantage in high ground, like Lass’ 1st. They attack from above you, so you can easily move to the side, and use several Lesser Undine attacks. You can then approach them, or, better, they come to you. Its damage is low, but in my opinion, it’s purpose is to interfere with the enemy, not “omgwtfbbqhax” damage them like Salamander.

Lesser Salamander
[Lesser Salamander]
This attack does great damage, but it’s hard to potentially damage your enemy with. Also, this attack should only be done towards specific characters, especially the ones that tend to charge in and grab through Rocket Jump, or something else. You can knock someone down, then purposely stay near the edge of a ledge, and use Lesser Salamander. The person may or may not rocket jump, shadow step, or whatever to get to you. If they do however, the force of the skill will push you off the ledge, and the enemy will charge into your Lesser Salamander. The only lire class you want to do this against is Arch Ranger, and sometimes Archer, depending if the person likes to prioritize grabbing instead of shooting.

Lesser Sylph
[Lesser Sylph]
This attack blocks incoming projectiles, likes firebolts, and arrows. It can also block Lire's skills, not all, of course. Your usage of this is pretty limited since it pretty much comes down to only reflecting Lire and SOME of Arme's attacks. Nonetheless, if you learn how to use this well, you can fight off a good portion of Lires even by yourself. You must really know timing with this, to use it effectively.

Greater Undine
[Greater Undine]
Like Mage's Firebolt, this goes straight across the whole map and does a good amount of damage. The only difference is that it goes through Warlock's Sylph, and you go forwards instead of backwards when you use it. This may seem bad, but you can combo more easily as it brings you closer to your enemy, while also damaging/distracting him/her.

Greater Salamander
[GiF]
I find this attack useful in almost any situation, it has superior damage making the other regular attacks inferior to it. Though it's attack path takes an odd route, its range is high and far as well, but definitely not something you want to use if someone's near you. You can also chain this if the enemy is close enough, by repeatedly using the attack over and over again.

Cancel Summoning
[Self Explanatory...]
Now this, on the other hand, I find not as useful. It cancels out your summoning, but it has a delay, and there are many other alternatives such as using a skill or jump attacking that proves of much better use.

Skills
Now, unlike her previous skills, she no longer has a White-to-Black and vice-versa magic switch. Rather, she uses spirit magic, using Salamander, Undine, and Sylph. Now, it may seem bad because this means her magic skills are limited further, but after a while, you'll realize the potential of each of the 3 skills.

Lv. 1 Spirit Magic - Tornado (Sylph)
This is one of my favorite techniques for Warlock. It's range goes beyond half your vision, and though it's damage is low, if used with a proper distance, can get to up to 16 combos. So the little amounts of damage actually add up quite well. It's able to catch enemies, and plays as an excellent stun. You should be able to get rid of most melees alone purely because of this skill. You can easily connect this with something else like Greater Undine or Salamander, or even a grab. You dash faster than the Tornado as well, so it's a slow dragging skill.

Lv. 2 Spirit Magic - Fire Ring (Salamander)
Unlike Salamander's previous damage dealing attacks, this attack is supportive. It increases your defense so you only receive 33% of the damage that would've originally had been dealt to you. This, however, does not mean you'll never die, since you can still receive some damage from grabs if your opponent has a lot of attack. Using this when you're at half~full HP is much better than using it when you're near death, unless you can dodge quite well. Also, if you plan to skill chain after with a Tornado, don't use the Tornado too early, since the buff doesn't appear until after the salamander soul appears.

Lv. 3 Spirit Magic - Blizzard (Undine)
Range of Blizzard
Now, like meteor, Blizzard reaches great distances, but meteor takes the entire map, while this takes strictly left to right of your screen and a screen length below, not above. When you're hit by this, you enter a button mashing phase, almost exactly like Stone Curse. For that reason, this skill may not be effective towards everyone. I've seen many people who can minimize the damage to around 40~60 Damage without the assistance of delay of any kind. Seeing that your HP recovers when you're in that state, and a grab can do just as much, this skill isn't something you expect to be the "finishing move" every time it's used. Although this skill may seem useless against one person, that's where the AoE effect comes in. It has no limit to how many enemies it can hit, and the damage will not be divided, making this skill useless when you're against a team of enemies, or in a survival match with 4 people or more. There are situations when you can use it:

If you know your opponent can't "button-mash"-
You can tell this sometimes by the character they play. Most melee classes have shadowstep and flashstep, if the enemy can do this well, then it's alright to assume he/she will be able to reduce Blizzard to a sufficient amount for it to do mediocre damage.
Opponent : Low Health-
When low in health, many players tend to prefer avoiding a battle until they recover back their hp, while others can be harder to approach. Using this at a height and cornering them normally kills them off right away, because they're low in health.
Survival/Team Battle: Everyone's below you-
Another great time to use Blizzard is when you know you'll hit multiple people with it, weakening them fairly easily.

Blizzard may be harder to use in big maps like Trial Forest, compared to the default map, Elven, where Blizzard takes a good 75% of the length from left-to-right, assuming you're correctly positioned.

Combos
Here I will list combos that I generally find usually in a PvP Match. I will also make .gif examples for all of them in some time, when I have it.

Tornado > Grab
Simply use Tornado to stun, or timefreeze your opponent, dash in, and grab. This is a very useful technique and you'll find yourself doing it quite often. This is also a great combo to start off against when fighting a melee as the match begins. They have no mp, so they will suffer 16 combos of Tornado (if you used it at a correct distance), then the high damaging grab.
Optional:
Tornado > Jump Attack > Grab
Tornado > 2 Jump Attacks (in the same jump) > Grab

Tornado > Greater Salamander
This is something that doesn't always work, but if it does, can deal great damage. The distance when you cast Tornado has to literally be near perfect or Greater Salamander will miss, or, push the enemy out of the way with the first hit. It's much more effective with a hill as a slant causes the Greater Salamander to connect more easily. If done properly, the Salamander will create a stun, allowing you to continue with a grab, another Greater Salamander, etc.
Optional:
Tornado > Greater Salamander > Grab
Tornado > Greater Salamander > Greater Salamander
Tornado > Greater Salamander (Hold Z) > Dash (towards) > Tornado

Tornado > Greater Undine
By far, this is potentially one of the greatest starter combos you should be pulling off in Grand Chase. When you cast Tornado, it carries the opponent, and at the correct distance, will stun him throughout the Tornado duration. The great part of this, is that Greater Undine can outrun your Tornado, also twice as fast. Being comparable to Mage's Firebolt damage, this combo, un-lengthened, can already diminish your opponent's health.
Optional:
Tornado > Greater Undine > Grab

Tornado > Greater Undine > Tornado > Greater Undine > Tornado > Greater Undine (Optional) > Grab
This can almost guarantee your opponent's loss of a life. The damage separately may be low, but adds up, and the grab does a lot of damage. If your opponent doesn't counter out of the combo early on, than he/she will quite possibly die, even if his/her defense just meets your attack. Now, to pull this off, you need to know something. If you press and hold Z after you use Greater Undine, you will not have enough time to use another Tornado, you must Hold Z during the Greater Undine casting, to gain enough time, and shoot another Tornado without letting your opponent run away.
Another way of saying this:
Z, Z (Hold), Forward, Forward
If you want to grab sooner, than make sure you do it after a Tornado, not a Greater Undine, or you will not have enough time to dash and grab, unless a wall is supporting your enemy.
If you're bound to miss with your 3rd Tornado, don't risk it, dash, and jump attack to stun, than grab.

Tornado > Tornado > Grab
Now, this is not entirely as useful all the time. Because you're canceling your first tornado with your second tornado, that means three things:
1)You've now canceled your first tornado which is a waste since you're time-freezing the opponent and that means there's no longer and tornado carry.
2)During this time, your opponent's MP can be charged, thus allowing a counter attack, when, if hadn't done, you could have used the opportunity to grab.
3)If you didn't use the second tornado early enough, this gives the enemy enough time to last the duration of the first tornado, and easily move out of the second, which means you wasted a useful bar of MP.
Though, it has its uses, you can still chain right after with other techniques. This is best done when your opponent is against a wall and cannot avoid either tornadoes if cast fast enough. Your opponent has to be near you for the second tornado to have any effect, as the time freeze plays an important role in this case if no wall is there to push the enemy closer to the second tornado. Of course, grab right after. In some cases, it may take you 2 dashes.

Grab (Hold Z) > Blizzard
This is probably one of the hardest moves to pull off for Arme. I, myself, have only pulled this off maybe 3 or 4 times, throughout my time in Grand Chase. The reason for this difficulty is because it's very situational. Your opponent has to be near perfect distance from a ledge, so when you throw them, you can charge fast enough, and time freeze their fall. This also doesn't work if you're too close to the ground. Rarely used, but, because of that, rarely expected. Grab your opponent, hold Z, and release it right after you've recovered, and with some luck, it'll time freeze your opponent, and hit them with blizzard before they meet the ground. Don't expect to use this a lot in PvP, don't try to attempt it a lot either, as you level up, you meet more advanced people. I can reduce Blizzard to 40~50 damage, equivalent to a grab, which would be a better alternative, in that case, because I recover hp in Blizzard.

Grab > Grab
One of the best damaging attacks, and could be effortlessly done in PvP, with enough practice. Make sure your opponent is at a good distance from a ledge, so when you throw him over, you're given enough time to Dash/Platform Dash (Depending on where you threw) and grab again. Remember, grabbing in PvP always require you to press the Left or Right directional Key AND Z to grab, Dashing, releasing the arrow key, and then pressing Z will only start your dash combo. So after you throw him, Dash and hold your arrow key, Press Down if you need to, then grab for ridiculous damage.

Double Jump Attack > Double Jump Attack > ... > Double Jump Attack
This is an alternative to an infinite combo against your opponents. Press Up + Z, then press Z as you're going down. Arme has less Air Attack delay, so you can attack twice in the air, if you attack with the first one early enough. No height advantage is required, and this is a really good skill as sometimes, you want to get over the opponent but also stun them. There's no ground recovery, so you can release a skill right after safely. Though it may seem all-perfect, there is a tiny frame where the person can jump and fall when hit.
Optional:
Double Jump Attack > Grab

Double Jump Attack > Tornado > Grab
Optional:
Double Jump Attack > Tornado > Greater Undine > ... > Grab
Double Jump Attack > Tornado > Tornado > Grab

Team Battle
-Not Started-

Map Strategies
-Not Started-

Class Strategies
So, now you've moved on to fighting different classes, but clearly have no idea what to do.

Swordsman (Elesis; 1st Job)
Spoiler!

Spearman (Elesis; 2nd Job)

Swordmaster (Elesis; 3rd Job)

Savior (Elesis; 4th Job)

Archer (Lire; 1st Job)

Crossbowman (Lire; 2nd Job)

Arch Ranger (Lire; 3rd Job)

Nova (Lire; 4th Job)

Mage (Arme; 1st Job)

Alchemist (Arme; 2nd Job)

Warlock (Arme; 3rd Job)

Nova (Arme; 4th Job)

Spell Knight (Ronan; 1st Job)

Dragon Knight (Ronan; 2nd Job)

Aegis Knight (Ronan; 3rd Job)

Egeus' Answering Corner
Ask your questions by posting them on this thread!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Credits
Credits to Ntreev for hosting Grand Chase and releasing Warlock for me <3

You may not re-post this on another forum without my approval. Any spotted and stolen material must be reported to me immediately, consequences will be held towards the person. Distribution of the guide is fair.
All Rights Reserved.
©LilShazbot/Egeus, 2009

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

Last edited by Shazbot; 04-09-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough

Finished the Basics, started on the Skills.

02-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Remembrance is on a distinguished road
IGN: RemChu
Class: Savior lt_blader
Level: lvl. 56 ....
Guild: Synnergee

Nice work Boss
I'll use you guide when I unlock Warlock someday.

02-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

I will use your guide as soon I get warlock! prolly next milennia

02-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Sounds like a plan! An impratical one anyway. I'm not near done, I still have to do homework. x-x

02-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Updates, started Combo section. I haven't thought of all the combos yet =<

02-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

What about spamming 1st like hell?=))

02-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Without a wall, the first Tornado will push it out of motion from the next two. I don't recommended doing it because the opponent by the would probably realize to counter out from the second one.

If you can pull it off though, great, shoot a Greater Undine, and dash for the grab.

02-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Added:
Copyright Part

Added combo:
Tornado > Greater Undine > Tornado > Greater Undine > Tornado > Greater Undine (Optional) > Grab
Double Jump Attack > Tornado > Greater Undine > ... > Grab

Updated:
Grab + Blizzard
Double Grab
Inf. Double Attack

03-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Bump, started Class Strategies and filled out a Wall of Text for Swordsman.

T_T So much more to write.

03-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Yeah why not fight my spear man sometime =[
You kno knight is the eziest thing for a warlock to kill...
diie die die die eggy warlock T_T
great guide though...
but ummmmmm

any tips for warlock ottoing ?

03-20-2009   #12 (permalink)
Guild Leader

When it comes to otto'ing, you should really think of it as time. I listen to music often when playing grand chase so I can adjust to a beat. =P It also keeps me from going too fast or too slow.

Pressing down at 8th note speed, then Z at a 16th note speed after you press doing. So it's like...:

Down Z ------ Down Z ------- Down Z

Just keep in mind that, to the normal eye, it's Down + Z, but actually Down is hit just a little earlier than Z.

03-22-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

if you need help getting strategy against elesis savior add me at friends in GC:P(nick vulturas , and no, I ain't no twilight fan, whatever that is)
I suck at pvp and imma use all the tricks if ye want keke

03-22-2009   #14 (permalink)
Guild Leader

That's alright, thanks for the offer. I don't plan to fight saviors until I get it myself. 8^D

04-01-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

this is a trick what I found soonish but it is quite hard to do, and I dunno if quite pratical in PVP. greater sala+dash attack+ fast lesser salamander(dash+Z+Z+UP+UP+UP+etc ammount)

04-01-2009   #16 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Without a platform, they can escape easily from that, since a regular dash won't bring you as far.

04-06-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShazbot
When it comes to otto'ing, you should really think of it as time. I listen to music often when playing grand chase so I can adjust to a beat. =P It also keeps me from going too fast or too slow.

Pressing down at 8th note speed, then Z at a 16th note speed after you press doing. So it's like...:

Down Z ------ Down Z ------- Down Z

Just keep in mind that, to the normal eye, it's Down + Z, but actually Down is hit just a little earlier than Z.
i can do it perfectly on labtop keys....i think my home pc just has a sucky keyboard o.o

04-06-2009   #18 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Every class' otto is slightly different in timing, so yeah. :P Who knows

01-24-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

FrozenHeart will become famous soon enough

nce guide