LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-09-2008   #1 (permalink)
VIP

blehnewish is on a distinguished road
IGN: Conspire
Class: Arme
Level: 4X
Default Your Guide to Teaming with an Arme

Arme depends on teamwork for the majority of her skills; agreed, she is a total powerhouse and can demolish her opponents (except Lires), there is nothing more frustrating than an opponent that does not know how to team with an Arme. Lires who dash-attack the moment a lightning bolt starts; members that pause when they see meteor appear, then get grabbed; teammates that spam skills when a stone-curse is in action. All of these can completely devastate an Arme's ability to do damage. So, how do you team up properly with an Arme? Let's go over her skills, and what you should and shouldn't do.

Firebolt
Firebolt spam, at least in advanced games, is not as much as an offensive technique as it is a diversionary technique that gives the opportunity for a grab. It draws a "line of fire" across the map that the other team has to avoid; this will effectively force them to a) jump, b) limit themselves to another plane or c) be hit by the firebolt. What does this mean? Exploit this and rush your opponents. Not only do they have to avoid you, but they have to avoid the firebolts, too. If on any occasion, they jump out of your way and get hit by a firebolt, they get stunned momentarily; use this time to move in and grab. Additionally, an Arme, when fighting against a Lire, may use FBs to predict the Lire's position and prevent her from holding this position. A camping lire is harder to defeat than a lire in traction, and accurately aimed firebolts will force a lire to move, at least a little bit, or at least jump. This gives you enough of a break to once again, move in. Be careful, though! Some of the time, they will be in the air; that gives them time to karate-kick you or shoot a barrage of aerial arrows at you.

Pentagram/Magic Circle
Particularly against non-Elesis users, this move is rather deadly. Although it does no damage whatsoever, it has the super-deadly effect of stunning an opponent for several seconds if it connects. You can move faster than the circle, so this sets up an opportunity for a grab. Avoid using skill specials unless they are wide-range; the pentagram will likely move your opponent out of range before the hit connects. Avoid knock-down effects, as this stops your opponent from being dragged. Once the circle wears off, try to see if you can lure your opponent into another one. Due to its large size, jumping over them is unfeasible; if you retreat, you can almost certainly anticipate them approaching from a different plane, and prepare an attack for that. Finally, magic circle has another use: try to remain within the Arme's line of fire, if magic circles are being sent at a constant rate. This is essentially a "bodyguard". If you are being rushed, a magic circle will push your opponent back. Its huge size frequently overrides jump-attacks (which can be highly annoying), so anyone jumping will likely get caught within the attack. MP charges are also risky when magic circles are coming at your opponents. Use this to your advantage, an opponent caught within a circle is completely unable to use any MP attacks (lest get countered, and likely caught in yet another circle once they get up).

Earth-wave
Earth wave has the sexy effect of stunning your opponents for a second; use this effect as you would any time-freeze and grab them. Be cautious and analyze your teammate's style, though; some prefer to tele-grab after a wave, some escape, and some use stone curse. Particularly if they're a stone-curse user, it becomes immensely annoying, bestowing that invincibility effect (from grab) on your opponent.

Stone Curse
I cannot stress this enough: time freezes will severely reduce the damage of stone curse! If your Arme has trapped an opponent in a stone curse, please try not to use any MP skills within the radius. You'll not only miss them, but reduce the final damage of stone curse. One of the deadly effects of Stone Curse is that it disrupts your opponent's team play. One or more of their members has just been removed for several seconds; use this to pick off any non-cursed members. If your cursed opponent is a Lire or a ranged Arme, use this chance to move in. Be warned though; as your opponent is getting up, they have a second of invincibility. Meaning, don't launch attacks right after they get up, and try not to get grabbed! (Excellent idea for Armes: use Earth Wave once they start getting up. The duration of the spell lasts longer than the invincibility period of the curse)

Lightning Bolt
Lightning Bolt is lethal enough on its own; but one of the things that I notice when using this skill, is that your teammates tend to stop and stand around. This is erroneous! Under lightning bolt, your opponents still remain valid targets. However, two things to keep in mind: 1) do NOT knock them down, as it renders them invincible to Lightning Bolt, and 2) do NOT use skills with time-freezes, as it stops Lightning Bolt and gives a window for escape. Once the bolt is about to wear off, grab your opponent (preferably a further one, if there is one close to the Arme, as the Arme's likely to tele-dash-grab). Massive damage!

Meteor!
A deadly attack, but highly avoidable; a skilled Arme will only use this when she knows that there's no way to skill clash. When meteor hits, avoid getting grabbed; the two ways a character can completely avoid a meteor (other than Arme's timed teledash) are by skill clashing/countering or by grabbing someone. I find that many teammates have a tendency to stop when they see meteor appear; this is once again erroneous, as the opponents are still valid targets. Keeping them stunned is a great idea! They won't have much time to move around or react to the meteor, meaning that it'll probably hit them full-force (unless they counter, which, once again, a skilled Arme will ensure won't happen).

Reverse Gravity
One thing to keep in mind here; when your opponents are in the air, they still remain valid targets. Meaning, Lires! Get under your opponents and arrow-rain for massive damage! Avoid attacking your opponents as they're landing, as that will make them land feet-up and stop them from taking damage. The delay caused by Reverse Gravity is a great way to reposition yourself to a more strategic position

***Alchemist Arme coming soon!***

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I have one to include~

If you use Reverse Gravity on the same level as your target, you can stone curse that person too.

07-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
VIP

blehnewish is on a distinguished road
IGN: Conspire
Class: Arme
Level: 4X

^^ Yeah, but this is a guide for what you do as a teammate with an arme, not what an arme does in combos.

07-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

This is great! I've always been really confused as to why my teammates just stand there when I have people pinned down in Lightning Bolt,...A full combo on someone in Lightning Bolt does amazing damage, but most of the time people just stand there and let them all come after me when Lightning is over. Dx

Great guide, can't wait to see the Alchemist part.

07-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

DaftPanda is on a distinguished road

conspiree!! hiii :]

i`m finally an alchamist.
i haven`t been PvPing in a long time T_T;

ehh. yooh needa teach meeh how to use her x_x;

07-14-2008   #6 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blehnewish
^^ Yeah, but this is a guide for what you do as a teammate with an arme, not what an arme does in combos.
Arme+Arme

It's easier to pull it off.

07-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu

*bumps thread*

What I did with sneaky some time ago..:

Sneaky (lire) used arrow rain. I used Reverse gravity after. Sneaky went up and did an air grab to the person as he fell, and I used stone curse on the falling person after.
=D

But we were never able to do it again. ._.;;

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

07-21-2008   #8 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I don't know why ppl stand idly by when the other team gets caught in a lightning bolt either. Whenever an Arme on my team does Lightning bolt, I'll either charge up a skill and get close to someone caught in it or go start doing normal combos on them. If I'm on Lire, I'll do a full combo if I think the lightning will end before I'm done. Unless it's an Elesis, 'cause arrows suck against them and may make them berserk. So for them I just charge up a skill or get ready to grab once the lightning is over.

08-12-2008   #9 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I'm bumping this because I've been playing my Arme quite a bit recently and noticed that a lot of ppl( especially ones who end up on my team... dam my luck at getting teammates) like to stand around and do nothing when I catch the other team in lightning bolt.

08-17-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX

In-game, Arme's Magic Circle is called Magic Square. Guess Ntreev know's their shapes huh.

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX