MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Grand Chase > Grand Chase Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (54) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-22-2008   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #21 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

you can use the bat, whenever you want
if you want to skip the extra couple of seconds, that it does, when it copies the soundK files over before running the game, then use the manual bypass

the point of the bat, is for checking for for the hotfixes

but yes, you can delete that manual bypass

Last edited by Kowiz; 11-22-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-23-2008   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
try megaupload, or rapidshare

maybe you should wait till amy's third to get released :P
ok ill try those -brbs-

11-25-2008   #24 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

man it may just be me but some of the korean voices are very annoying, i only use the .bat file so i can bypass the patcher D8

lass' voice when using skills is irritating its like...HYARH impact slASH!
arme's 'holy light etc' voice is annoying because its so dam long and overlaps if u go idle, then move, then idle again

i dont mind the other characters though

11-25-2008   #25 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
i only use the .bat file so i can bypass the patcher D8
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gran...ch-server.html or you can edit the korean sound swap section out of the .bat file

and everybody loves elesis' fatal sound!

I'll get around to updating the sound files, when my internet learns to not fail

Last edited by Kowiz; 11-25-2008 at 05:20 PM.

11-25-2008   #26 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Looks like they updated the patcher to auto-start the game. Kowiz is going to have to change his batch file a bit.

Last edited by Shirakani; 11-25-2008 at 11:32 PM.

11-25-2008   #27 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

if the game auto starts after the patcher finishes, then...I guess the person would have to close the game also :P

I'll look into it later

Last edited by Kowiz; 11-26-2008 at 12:05 AM.

11-26-2008   #28 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

I like how a bunch of ppl are BAWW'ing about no more KR voices. So long as they don't change the parameters for the direct launch, we're good. Otherwise it's patcher haxing time.

11-26-2008   #29 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gran...ch-server.html or you can edit the korean sound swap section out of the .bat file

and everybody loves elesis' fatal sound!

I'll get around to updating the sound files, when my internet learns to not fail
i tried doing that using the guide but i got some sort of error :x
and how do i edit the korean sound swap out of the .bat?

11-26-2008   #30 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

just delete
Quote:
@@if not exist Sound\SoundK (
@@echo Downloading Korean Sound files
@@if exist SoundK.zip ( del SoundK.zip )
@@wget http://omgwtfbbq.biz/nerd/SoundK.zip
@@title Kowiz@MyMMOGames.net
@@if not exist SoundK.zip ( goto couldntdl )
@@unzip -qq -o SoundK.zip -d Sound/SoundK
)
@@echo Copying SoundK files to Sound Directory
@@cd Sound/SoundK
@@copy Sound*.kom .. /Y
@@cd ../../
from the bat file, it should be right under :soundk

as long as the parameter doesn't become randomly generated, then it's fine, cause finding the parameter, if it changes, is pretty easy

11-26-2008   #31 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Ok. If you use the batch file now, it automatically tries to start the game even after the patcher has auto started. Result = 2 copies of GC trying to open at once.

To fix this: Add a 'pause'

@@echo Now Loading Patcher.
@@echo Close the patcher when it is done, to continue.
@@grandchase.exe
@@echo Copying Updated Sound to SoundE Directory
@@cd Sound
@@copy Sound*.kom SoundE /Y
@@cd ../
@@pause
@@goto start

Here, the bolded underlined bit. Then the script will not progress unless you hit a key. Wait for the patcher to launch GC and simply close GC, then go back to the dos prompt and press a key.

11-26-2008   #32 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Code:
:startpatcher
@@taskkill /F /IM grandchase.exe
@@echo Now Loading Patcher.
@@echo Close the patcher when it is done, to continue.
@@grandchase.exe
@@taskkill /F /IM main.exe /T
@@echo Copying Updated Sound to SoundE Directory
@@cd Sound
@@copy Sound*.kom SoundE /Y
@@cd ../
@@goto start
will work much better, and still doesn't require that manual input :P

updated the GC.bat file in the .zip

haven't gotten around to updating the sound data yet

Last edited by Kowiz; 11-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.

11-26-2008   #33 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Hrm, forcibly killing the task like that... Remember that gameguard is still running. Does it run into problems where gameguard has loaded, and then won't unload? I remember in the past i tried killing the task manually and i couldn't run it again as 'gameguard was loaded'. Had to reboot to clear the damn thing.

You haven't run into that prob?

11-26-2008   #34 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

the /T thing kills the whole tree
since gameguard is launched by main
if you kill main and it's tree, it kills gameguard too

and I haven't encountered any problems with it yet

and it kind of kills main before gg can even launch, anyway

11-26-2008   #35 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Ah ok, nice. I was originally going to try taskkill but didn't think of that switch.

11-26-2008   #36 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

I updated the Korean Sounds, provided by mike

you can either delete the SoundK folder inside Sound, to have it autodownload, or you can update it manually by downloading it here

http://omgwtfbbq.biz/nerd/SoundK.zip

12-19-2008   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

bozocamp is on a distinguished road

Any chance you have music download

12-20-2008   #38 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozocamp
Any chance you have music download
As far as I know, the game music is the same across versions, unless you're asking about something else

12-22-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

YuckFu will become famous soon enoughYuckFu will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrandFu
Class: Everything.
Level: All of them.
Guild: WAM

After doing this do we just run it regularly for the SoundsK or do we have to open up GC.bat everytime?

12-22-2008   #40 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

if you run the patcher normally, then the korean sounds aren't used
if you use the original patch bypass, then it will use the korean sounds
I would just suggest running GC.bat every time, because it checks for updates, and runs the patcher, if there are any, and then switches the Korean Sounds in, and starts the game

difference between using the patch bypass, and running GC.bat every time, is that, using the patch bypass, might skip out on a hotfix
like when the xmas weapons were bugged with the wrong stats, if you ran the bypass, you wouldn't get the correct stats
but running GC.bat would download the new data