ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Grand Chase Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-guides/)
-   -   Crossbowmaiden Guide (http://ggftw.com/forum/grand-chase-guides/26362-crossbowmaiden-guide.html)

Milkshakes 11-03-2008 04:28 PM

Crossbowmaiden Guide

I know, it's a short one. But here's for people who want to know the leetness of xbows.

MISSION LIST

Crossbow Fragment - Gather Crossbow Fragments from the monsters that have gathered between the Marsh of Oblivion and Gaikoz’s Castle.

Gaikoz’s Seal - Gather Gaikoz’s Seal and defeat Gaikoz in Gaikoz’s Castle. The seal can only be found on 3-Star difficulty.

---------------------------------------

TIPS ON GETTING XBOW

• Try going solo sometimes, a lire can mostly do anything.
• Don't use breakable items. Lots of laggers these days.
• Try hosting your own room to make your quest faster.

CHARACTERISTICS

Crossbowmen use dual crossbows to rapidly fire multiple shots, and can move extremely fast.
They can jump to great heights depending on the player’s skill, and can use visually breathtaking special abilities such as Fan Shot, Harpy Hunt Shot, and Dance Tempest.

Moves

Jump + Hold = Float
Jump + Z = Jump attack
Jump + Down + Z = Rainstorm
Z Z Z Z Z = Normal Combo
Dash + Z = Dash attack

Skills

1st Bar - Fan Shot - Shoots like a fan shape thingy, not recommended to use in dodging skills.

2nd Bar- Big Rush - Runs around shooting like a maniac, recommended to use when opponent's in front of you.

3rd Bar - Dive Bombing - Shoots the sky and makes a harpy fall down, best used on stationary enemies.

Strategies

OFFENSIVE

• Rainstorm above your opponent, then grab them.
• Use Big Rush to get near your opponent. Then grab them. Not recommended to use on Elesis o_o

DEFENSIVE

• NEVER USE FAN SHOT DEFENSIVELY. EVER.
◘ Explained: Fan shot can sometimes be cast instantly. So if you're trying to dodge something, a skill for example, it might not be good for you. :)
• Dash to phase through enemies. This saves your arse a lot of times.
• REMEMBER. JUMP IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

inocloud 11-05-2008 10:22 PM

crossbows use used to be dungeoning but AR took that so xbow is a fail :x

Milkshakes 11-06-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inocloud (Post 559015)
crossbows use used to be dungeoning but AR took that so xbow is a fail :x

It's not that fail since xBow can actually beat AR's like me ;_;

mikecxz 11-11-2008 07:33 AM

then ur not playing AR right :<

Nihil679 11-11-2008 12:55 PM

I don't frickin' get it, why do people say Archrangers are SOOOOO much better than Crossbowmaidens in dungeoning now?

Archranger CONSTANTLY knock EVERYTHING down, it's HIGHLY annoying. Their jumping is mediocre for jump stages, I don't like it. Giant Bow attack might be great and at a higher rate than Crossbows, but do realize that ONLY THEIR THIRD BAR ACTUALLY CAUSES LOTS OF DAMAGE IN AOE RANGE.
Crossbows can easily use 1st bar (which has a longer frame than Giant Bow's first bar) for evasion, Hell I've used it to solo Samsara. I NEVER died against him, as opposed to so many Archranger.
Crossbow's 2nd bar can EASILY jump into a crowd and completely kill most of them. Archranger's 2nd bar? PvP. Range is short, and the skill doesn't even hit frequently, damage is mediocre.
3rd bars? Really. Even if Crossbows *usually* hit one monster, I've done it to where I've slammed two monsters quickly, completely eliminate their HP, and no, that was not a low level dungeon. Archranger? A strong Desecrate/weak Meteor with more explosions. It doesn't completely kill everything, just lowers their HP a lot. The range isn't even that great, just a few inches off your screen.

So don't start saying Crossbows fell out of their use, because Giant Bows are stupidly cumbersome contraptions that should stay in PvP. Jeeze, I hate it when you people say they're better. Some idiot even told me to use Giant Bow just because he states it's better.

As for the guide:
-Quick Shot can be used defensively. I've done it many times and end up killing people.
-When dashing/phasing through enemies, it helps to do a dash attack, especially when they're chasing you in a long map (Trial Forest or Forgotten City). I've actually won against a Ronan doing this with 1 life left.
-Divebombing's barrage of arrows does A LOT of stun if they can hit their mark. Although the arrows spread out quickly, the bottom layer of arrows can stun people in PvP or monsters in dungeons enough for the Harpy to slam into them. I've done it, and experienced it < <;;

Amanda 11-16-2008 03:56 PM

I kick ARs when I do dungeons ._.
Makes things take longer than soloing most of the time.

Suiko 11-16-2008 04:54 PM

I have to agree with this a bit. xs I find most ARs in dungeons really annoying. :P But some ARs play it really well in dungeons. They actually deal more damage if played right.

Anyhowww, I like playing AR in dungeons. =D But true to that, Xbow's helped a whole lot in getting to 40. lol

Nihil679 11-16-2008 06:28 PM

The horrible Archranger always knocks everything down. You only find the rare good ones one in every fifty dungeons.

Milkshakes 11-18-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecxz (Post 568536)
then ur not playing AR right :<

I'm using AR right now. There's not so good in dungeon running. But MP farming is geewd.

Hector 11-20-2008 01:21 PM

Uhm, guys, jump shooting really fast > regular combo (with AR)???

It doesn't knock them down. 8D

Kenzor 11-20-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector (Post 584903)
Uhm, guys, jump shooting really fast > regular combo (with AR)???

It doesn't knock them down. 8D

shooting 7 crossbow shots is much easier 8D

Nihil679 11-20-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 585134)
shooting 7 crossbow shots is much easier 8D

qft.

Plus, if you were going to do jump shots, you might as well go with Archer/Bows, they're slightly faster at dashing/jumping and can double jump ._.
Not to mention the angling of the Bow actually helps a bit...