Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Bewitch is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Job

I Am really getting tired of getting 2nd jobs for my characters. It took me couple of hours to get the 300 fragments needed to finish a quest. I think they Should go back to the old drop rate.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

They made the droprates lower than from what it was before? ;_;

11-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is talking about the 100% drop rate glitch that happened some time ago. Anyways personally I think the drop rate is fine, its just the fact of getting 300 frags is tedious to say the very least.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

11-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

The droprate is fine IMO. When I played, I got like 10-15 fragments a game. However, if they changed it then its a completely different story (Lol... Elesis 2nd job took me a few days with that "omguhackedlol" glitch... made me rage so much D=).

11-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Before Season 3, the drop rate was much better. It was possible you could've gotten between 15 ~ 30-ish frags/run at Gaikoz Full.

It's rates dropped considerably from what it used to be, making it by far the most tedious and time-consuming of all the job changes.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

11-16-2010   #6 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

most people get to like lvl 30 before they finish their 2nd job quest
back in S2, they finish at around lvl 23

in S3, you only get like 2-5 frags a run
in S2, you get like 5-10 (rush)

11-16-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX

I do agree that the drop rate changed, but keep in mind that the stats of each monster also weakened, let alone our character's stats are slightly stronger than how it was in Season 2. With Skill Trees as well, going through the runs are actually MUCH easier than it was back then. The runs are faster; the drops are lowered. In a way, to me, it balances out.

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

11-16-2010   #8 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Sure it's not hard to do the runs, but it's still very tedious. Every 1 out 4 runs, I'd get 0 or 1 frag.

11-16-2010   #9 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

When I played, Elesis skill tree wasn't even out yet lol.

11-16-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Bewitch is on a distinguished road

Either way they Should lower the fragments needed or make the drop rate higher

11-16-2010   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch
Either way they Should lower the fragments needed or make the drop rate higher
That's why they have a cash shop. So people pay like 20 dollars just to skip 2nd job change and get by with like 10 frags and 1 seal.

11-17-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

lulz 20 dollarz

11-17-2010   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Grand ChaseRunescape

Watta is on a distinguished road
IGN: watta
Class: Ryan
Level: 5x

It's what 2-4 dollars depending on the character seriously just do free offers its faster than gping.

11-17-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

I don't think I ever finished my 2nd job change missions before level 25, though I job changed all my mains before S2 came out, so I don't know if S2 made things better.

In the S1, though, I remember getting anywhere from 3~10 frags per rush. And the frequency of the seal drop was also random. My Lire got all her seals first and finished frags at level 26. Arme got all her frags and was still hunting for that last seal by level 28...

Isn't Gaikoz's Castle also smaller now? The 3 star full map used to have more stages, but now it's tiny.

11-17-2010   #15 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Zzzz I never paid cash... idk how much it was for the stuff... although Pangya had ridiculous prices...

Besides, at least you level up by repeatedly doing Gaikoz castle :/

Although I got all my stuff at around level 24.

11-17-2010   #16 (permalink)
Pye
ggFTW Lurker

Pye is on a distinguished road
IGN: MyLastWords
Class: Lass
Level: 72
Guild: AoC

I personally think it is fair. I get around 0-6 frags per run on gaikoz. We get Skill trees with better pets to dungeon with making the dungeon like 3 or 4 mins faster than what it used to be. The seal/sword drops are extremely high compare to what it was when DK first came out. For 2nd job it still take bout 4-5 hours for me to achieve. Most people reach all 10 seals/swords before getting 200 frags. If you really want to hurry then there also is the option of cashing. cashing always made the game easier in dungeon. Now that grandchase brought back the original stats system cash matters quite a lot in pvp now besides prop when almost everyone was at A+

11-17-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX

I haven't played in Gaikoz for Frags in Season 3, but I still hear that it's better to farm for frags in Marsh of Oblivion or Forgotten City compared to Gaikoz's Castle.

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

11-19-2010   #18 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

^ Well, maybe that's it.

The drop rates in Marsh and Forgotten may be better than Gaikoz because at Gaikoz you can koill two birds with one stone by getting frags AND seals. Hence, the drop rate for frags is lower THERE but slightly higher in Marsh and Forgotten.

But of course, this is just a theory.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

11-20-2010   #19 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

I think a large part of the problem is how people run. My friends who always grabbed random games and did it with a full group were still getting comparable drops. Possibly because the effect of weaker monsters and stronger players which Cujo pointed out has more impact here.

However for players such as myself who do the runs solo, there is a huge change. While perhaps runs are slightly faster now, we're talking about 10-12 minutes instead of 12-13 for most melee classes doing a solo rush. Previous to season 3 I'd be getting around 20 frags for a full Gaikoz *** run. Now post Season 3, while trying to do Mari's 2nd job, I was doing runs (pre-revamp) and getting 3-4, for a full run. After the revamp it got even worse, now doing every room (as if there's a choice) I was lucky to get 2 frags, and the time still wasn't that much quicker. Overall, I'd say the total time to complete a second job quest for me has gone from ten hours of running gaikoz to somewhere around thirty-five. Even at 10 minutes per run, getting 2.5 frags average, you're looking at 20 hours, not including time in between runs, loading screens, end screens, and time not playing.

11-27-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

I think the job change seems to take longer because now there are so many quests that push you all the way up to level 30. So far, I haven't been able to go back to run Gaikoz because I don't want to miss a quest (low level quest = exp drops). I don't have any problems with the actual drop rates. Maybe I'm just getting lucky. But at least you can tell if Gaikoz give you a sword/seal by looking for the quest scroll next to his name. If there isn't one, then just die to save time? :P

(Mari's level 32 and still no gunslinger.. OTL)