LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Eliirae is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Eliirae
Class: All of them (GC) to_cat
Level: 34, 33, 16, 8, 2, 13, 41
Default So...I'm a lire fan now o.o

I had a lire at 22 for the longest time, and yesterday decided to abuse the event she had going on, so I got crossbow...

It's insanely fun for dungeons. PVP? Not so much (neither is the 1st job, I found...) and once I get her to 30 I'll be able to insta-archranger also (from what I've seen, its a LOT better at PVP)

Not sure about Nova though, all I've seen was one of those videos on youtube that just show off their skills/combos.

So, any specific place to get some tips on how to get the most out of xbow/AR? I still suck at PVP, and back into my "I CAN'T GRAB WTF" phase with lire, so keep that in mind ._.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

slick has a little shameless behaviour in the past

1st job is beastly at PvP. <_<

The only Nova vid I like to watch repeatedly is the one with a nova that can't aim for his life and walks into meteors. Lost to a level 11 spammer mage on gorge ftw...

Oh and, do BfB. Ever since this event I've seen alot of 3x rooms.

04-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

28....I like the fact that 27-30 has missions now...But theres just one little problem...

THEY ALL HAVE "WIN X PVP MATCHES" IN THEM!

Guess I'm stuck with grinding ellia continent till 30. Would have loved that black armor set, but oh well...PVP is failure.

04-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Play with Kowiz and go spam.
If you're lucky, Kowiz might disconnect from the room for a free win.

As for tips:

Distance with Crossbow. Abuse dash attack to get away. Abuse arrow rain. I don't know, just go crazy.

AR, unless your attack becomes lolhax with attack power and don't annoy people by shooting down monsters in dungeon, you're fine (ugh, hate those). In PvP, spam?

04-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

hah, so I'm right to abuse xbow's jump down attack? Wee.

04-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
Play with Kowiz and go spam.
If you're lucky, Kowiz might disconnect from the room for a free win.

As for tips:

Distance with Crossbow. Abuse dash attack to get away. Abuse arrow rain. I don't know, just go crazy.

AR, unless your attack becomes lolhax with attack power and don't annoy people by shooting down monsters in dungeon, you're fine (ugh, hate those). In PvP, spam?
You're using xbow like a turret then.
I'd rather fight upclose with xbow, that way I kill the enemy faster, instead of doing 2s every shot.

04-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

YuckFu will become famous soon enoughYuckFu will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrandFu
Class: Everything.
Level: All of them.
Guild: WAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
1st job is beastly at PvP. <_<
Yeah it is! Fast shots. Fast moving. Grabs give you good distance. Learn otto and stun lock them with distance in between and get them to fatal. If your up against Elesis throw in a few grabs and you'll win easy.

04-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu

If only I knew youbetter, I would totally take my 32 ryan to go grinding with you. :>

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

04-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Whats with all the low level Ryans? Waiting for 3rd job?

04-06-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

You know..with all this "oh just grab this grab that" talk like grabbing is SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT /gaiko I'm really starting to think you NEED a macro or something designed soely for the almighty "grab command" to even stand a chance in PVP.

But lets not turn this into another one of my "WHY CAN'T I GRAB" threads, I'll just accept the fact that I can't grab 100% of the time whenever the hell I want, which means I can't counter grab 100% of the time whenever the hell I want, which means I'm NEVER going to be good at PVP.

04-06-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

slick has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hold the direction button.

04-06-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

EndOfTime has a spectacular aura aboutEndOfTime has a spectacular aura about
IGN: EndOfTime
Class: Anything that's fun.
Level: Meh.

Key is to jump attack and stun the opponent first. When you're back on the ground you dash toward them (Hold that direction) then attack. There you have grab your opponent.

When you'll get better at it, there's other move that you can chain to do a grab. Like 1 manual otto from a higher platform when you either corner your opponent or know that they'll jump then diagonal grab. Theres also double greab with edge with a diagonal grab.

It all comes with playing and practice. But for now, jump attack stun dash grab.

Oh another thing with archer is to use the Arrow Rain delay to grab but thats pretty basic. Use it beside the opponent and dash for the grab right away. You can delay grab with 1st skill like Lass 1st job too, but personally, the timing is kinda hard and if its dangerous if you mess up.

04-06-2009   #13 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

Yeah. I also prefer Xbow close range. The thing is that Xbow attacks so ridiculously fast, and can do so from any direction, ground or air, means you can literally lock your opponent in place. Jump overhead and pelt them with a down air attack, then land behind them and shoot a combo into their back. Then you can do a quick hop overhead and use the normal air attack to keep them from moving, or roll under them and start comboing from the other side. You can quite literally play monkey in the middle with Xbow, and destroy them.

04-06-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Get a couple of games with me or someone and I will teach you how to use first job properly. All 1st and 4ths pwn 2nds and 3rds in my opinion.

04-06-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTime
Key is to jump attack and stun the opponent first. When you're back on the ground you dash toward them (Hold that direction) then attack. There you have grab your opponent.

When you'll get better at it, there's other move that you can chain to do a grab. Like 1 manual otto from a higher platform when you either corner your opponent or know that they'll jump then diagonal grab. Theres also double greab with edge with a diagonal grab.

It all comes with playing and practice. But for now, jump attack stun dash grab.

Oh another thing with archer is to use the Arrow Rain delay to grab but thats pretty basic. Use it beside the opponent and dash for the grab right away. You can delay grab with 1st skill like Lass 1st job too, but personally, the timing is kinda hard and if its dangerous if you mess up.
Try real life examples instead of typing junk? I've been in PVP or the past hour or so trying pretty much everything in the book.

Hold the directional button and push Z when your character overlaps the other? Doesn't work

Jump attack to stun them? Yeah, for .2 seconds, then I get grabbed the moment I come down.

Arrow rain delay grab? You mean intentionally lag? No can do.

04-06-2009   #16 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid of fighting in people's face though ):

04-07-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Well, just got out of a nice PVP room where I was able to finish my level 29 participate in 10 PVP matches/earn 20 kills in PVP missions.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say gorge of oath is terrible unless your a middle camping jump attack spamming ronan, elesis, or firebolt spamming arme.

If you can't grab reliably, you learn to fight without grabs, that's what I'm moving toward.

04-07-2009   #18 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

For an xbow, walk up to the person to grab.

Try to do this in practice mode: Jump, hover and do normal shots, should stun the dummy enough for you to be landing right next to him, walk into and Z.

04-07-2009   #19 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I mainly play Crossbow just to be an annoyance to people in PvP...

04-07-2009   #20 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

Crossbow is particularly easy to grab with because you can repeatedly stun them by floating down diagonally next to them while shooting the normal air attack. Continue holding the directional key as you were, and when you land, hit and hold Z briefly and you should grab them fine.

Also... Delay, is, not, the, same, as, lag. It seems a lot of people don't understand. Delay is caused by skills, it's intentional, and isn't lag. It's a time out, essentially. Everyone gets locked wherever they are for a moment, be it in mid air, on the ground, mid-attack, or whatever. HOWEVER, it only stops characters. Attacks in progress, projectiles that are moving, will continue to do so. A good way to see it's effect is to get your team mates to each skill right after you use dive bombing. If they both use 1 MP, even if they don't hit anything, right after you dive bombing, and right after each other, your harpy will fall right onto the enemy, and the delay will prevent them from dodging it.

Delay is 100% intended. You can replicate it in practice mode, which proves it isn't lag. Go into practice, use the mouse to move the enemy right as you release a longer skill, like arme's 3 MP cure or Ronan's Holy Bless or Holy Inferno. Let go of the mouse while the computer player is in midair right as you skill. They will stay there. They won't fall at all until the "freeze frame" of the skill ends.