LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-07-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

EndOfTime has a spectacular aura aboutEndOfTime has a spectacular aura about
IGN: EndOfTime
Class: Anything that's fun.
Level: Meh.

Typing junk.
It is nice to hear that my intention to help was appreciated.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-07-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Eliirae is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Eliirae
Class: All of them (GC) to_cat
Level: 34, 33, 16, 8, 2, 13, 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
For an xbow, walk up to the person to grab.

Try to do this in practice mode: Jump, hover and do normal shots, should stun the dummy enough for you to be landing right next to him, walk into and Z.
no, you guys don't seem to understand.

Like I said in my previous rant about grabs, I can grab 99-100% of the time all day long in practice mode, yet when it comes to a real game nothing works.

But like I said, I'm not going to bother trying to figure out how to grab in a real game anymore. Since apparently it's soooooo easy yet I can't do it. So I'm just going to fight without.

04-07-2009   #23 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliirae
no, you guys don't seem to understand.

Like I said in my previous rant about grabs, I can grab 99-100% of the time all day long in practice mode, yet when it comes to a real game nothing works.

But like I said, I'm not going to bother trying to figure out how to grab in a real game anymore. Since apparently it's soooooo easy yet I can't do it. So I'm just going to fight without.
Just keep on trying?
'Cuz really.. you NEED to grab on this version since the lag is HUGE.

04-07-2009   #24 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

The difference between the practice mode and real pvp is..the lag. Half the time, pvp is all about timing. Even a seemingly impossible grab is possible, thanks to lag. Haven't you ran half way across the map and still got grabbed? Welcome to GC, yay.

04-07-2009   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

slick has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Or you could just have my problem. When I try to grab I sometimes unconsciously let go of arrow key, dunno why. :l
--
The lag grab thing is kinda disappointing. You've just hit your opponent and are getting ready to jump away. You airdash away and dash in the direction he wasn't expecting, only to get thrown into the dirt. QQ

It reaches the point where I know exactly when I'll get grabbed and well I'll successfully manage to fkee from an opponent.

04-07-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Or you could just have my problem. When I try to grab I sometimes unconsciously let go of arrow key, dunno why. :l
--
The lag grab thing is kinda disappointing. You've just hit your opponent and are getting ready to jump away. You airdash away and dash in the direction he wasn't expecting, only to get thrown into the dirt. QQ

It reaches the point where I know exactly when I'll get grabbed and well I'll successfully manage to fkee from an opponent.
No, I'm holding the arrow key, and it doesn't do a thing.

It even gets to the point where I could be right next to someone and franticly hold/mash/whatever the direction and Z and it would do NOTHING.

But I'm not going to bother anymore. Obviously something is wrong with me, cause I can't do the easiest thing in the world to do whenever I want to. I was a good dungeoner, but now nobody dungeons anymore, or if they do, they have rediculus requirements (gaikoz castle 600+attack only anyone?)

I can't even get my lire past 31. I doubt I'll get her to 40, and even then doubt I'll EVER finish the nova mission. I need, what? 10 medals of victory for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd phase of the quest? Yeah....No.

Don't even get me started on how I want savior also.

I keep hoping if I take a few months break of GC people will get smarter, but they only get stupider. I should really just find another game, since it's obvious if I can't win in PVP constantly for 9k xp a win when I need 200-300k to level (omg soo uber, it's sooooo much better than 70-100k per dungeon run!) I won't get anywhere.

04-07-2009   #27 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Try real life examples instead of typing junk? I've been in PVP or the past hour or so trying pretty much everything in the book.

Hold the directional button and push Z when your character overlaps the other? Doesn't work

Jump attack to stun them? Yeah, for .2 seconds, then I get grabbed the moment I come down.

Arrow rain delay grab? You mean intentionally lag? No can do.
that was the best 'thank you' i've ever heard hahaha /sarcasm
way to bash the guy that was trying to help u >_>

---- back on topic (?)
alot of the time, on any character, i usually end up grabbing accidently when im trying to do a dash attack

04-07-2009   #28 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

Quote:
No, I'm holding the arrow key, and it doesn't do a thing.

It even gets to the point where I could be right next to someone and franticly hold/mash/whatever the direction and Z and it would do NOTHING.

But I'm not going to bother anymore. Obviously something is wrong with me, cause I can't do the easiest thing in the world to do whenever I want to. I was a good dungeoner, but now nobody dungeons anymore, or if they do, they have rediculus requirements (gaikoz castle 600+attack only anyone?)

I can't even get my lire past 31. I doubt I'll get her to 40, and even then doubt I'll EVER finish the nova mission. I need, what? 10 medals of victory for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd phase of the quest? Yeah....No.

Don't even get me started on how I want savior also.

I keep hoping if I take a few months break of GC people will get smarter, but they only get stupider. I should really just find another game, since it's obvious if I can't win in PVP constantly for 9k xp a win when I need 200-300k to level (omg soo uber, it's sooooo much better than 70-100k per dungeon run!) I won't get anywhere.
Your problem is right there in bold. You CANNOT just mash it. You have to be confident about your grabs. Hit the keys one time, hold them briefly, and let go. Period. If you mash, it will combo every time. You need to do some practice games with people, so you can experience the way the game lags without it being in a rushed battle environment first.

04-07-2009   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DUHgoBackToBasics is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Pye
Level: 54 lass: 55 ronan: 46 lire: 44ryan: 38arme
Guild: none

imo 1st job is way better than xbow since xbow angles suk! anyway 1st job got better delays and imo grabing is easier as with the grabs.... grabs in pvp also takes timing since practice got no delay but pvp does. anyway not all great players need to kno how to grab u could just practice how to aim really good and then forget the grabs as for me grabs help me to much plus i spam grab

The future is always a surprise guess we just have to wait til the end comes until then one life, one chance, live life to its finest extent.

Thank You cherrypandah for the gundam signature

04-07-2009   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamte
Your problem is right there in bold. You CANNOT just mash it. You have to be confident about your grabs. Hit the keys one time, hold them briefly, and let go. Period. If you mash, it will combo every time. You need to do some practice games with people, so you can experience the way the game lags without it being in a rushed battle environment first.
Your problem is right there in your whole post. You're taking one little thing I say and thinking thats what I do all the time.

"you have to be confident about your grabs" Pfft...

What part of "I can grab 99-100% of the time in PVP by jumping, running at, etc the PVP dummy, but when I go into real games I can't at all" can't you guys understand?!

I've said it COUNTLESS times, yet you guys continue to ignore that, just so you can have an "excuse" to bash me and tell me how stupid I am for not being able to grab all the damn time.

Seriously, learn to not pick and choose at a persons post. Maybe I should do that to all of you, and see how that makes you feel? HMM?!

04-07-2009   #31 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice

Maybe you should calm down, when we're NOT bashing you but when YOU'RE bashing US.
"HMM?!"

04-07-2009   #32 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Practice by throwing people into the gorge (in 1v1) when they tele to the kanavan side, they're as mobile as rocks and it'll let you get used to lag grabs.

They're also insta-kills so you'll be able to rack up wins as you practice.

04-07-2009   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda
Maybe you should calm down, when we're NOT bashing you but when YOU'RE bashing US.
"HMM?!"
alright then, let me put this in a way that isn't bashing or flamy.

Every piece of advice I was given I had already tried, over and over.

Nothing. Ever. Works.

04-08-2009   #34 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

We're not bashing you, we're trying to help. Grabbing is essential. You know this as well as we do. You can probably win in PvP without it, but it will require exponentially more skill to do so. We don't understand why you can't grab, but we still want to offer to help, and all we ever get in response is yelled at or attacked as if we're treating you badly.

I've offered to do some practice PvPs with you, especially since I tend to not use grabs too often, which would make for a level playing field of sorts, to let you try out different things, but you totally ignored it. The game isn't biased, which means you can grab. Something, of some sort, is causing you issues, and if we can figure out what that thing is, then we can potentially fix it and help you enjoy the game more. That's the goal. It's fun to have nice, mature people in PvP, and maybe if more people from here can and do enjoy PvP, we'll actually have active MMOG rooms, and not just Kowiz AFKing. =P

This isn't the official forums where people will flame you for saying hello. I'm a nice guy, and I like to help. I get no pleasure from flaming anybody. I admit I may get a little frusterated once in a while, but I do not intend to offend you or anyone else, and I'm sure the same can be said for most of our posters.

We just want to help. There is a way you can get grabs down, somehow. We're all trying to figure out why they won't work. Since the game is just code and it can't be biased against you, then it must be some problem in your system, your internet, or what have you.

Do you normally host? Have you tried in games you host, and games you don't? When I play as host with Alex, he usually destroys me, but it's a lot more even playing field when he's host. So that could make a difference. If you're using gimmicky internet, like satellite or WAN internet, it could also explain it, due to extreme latency from end-user to ISP servers.

04-08-2009   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

No, I don't host for PVP.

Mainly due to the fact that nobody reads the room titles anymore, and they just push the shiny "join room" button. And even if they did read the title, they'd probably just instantly leave anyway.

I'd have to wait 5-10minutes in itself to even start a match that I'd lose in 5 seconds. Whereas in the time it took to even get the people for a 5 second match, I could have ran a dungeon for 10x more XP

04-08-2009   #36 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

YuckFu will become famous soon enoughYuckFu will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrandFu
Class: Everything.
Level: All of them.
Guild: WAM

Quote:
alright then, let me put this in a way that isn't bashing or flamy.

Every piece of advice I was given I had already tried, over and over.

Nothing. Ever. Works.
Go. To. The. Practice. Room.

04-08-2009   #37 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckFu
Opponent doesn't move in practice.

04-08-2009   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckFu
Learn. To. Freaking. READ.

No, I'm DEAD SERIOUS. Read ALL my posts in this thread again. Like, now.

And while you're at it, look for my "I CAN'T GRAB" thread in the Questions / Answers section.

I can assure you, I've said "I CAN GRAB WHENEVER I WANT IN THE PRACTICE ROOM"

Here, I'll even be nice enough to give you the link: http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gran...comes-out.html

And while I'm at it, I'll even QUOTE every single time I've said "I can grab in the practice room":

Quote:
As it stands now, I CAN NOT control when I grab, EVER. In practice? Yeah, I can grab easily.
Quote:
Quote:
What part of "I can grab 99-100% of the time in PVP by jumping, running at, etc the PVP dummy, but when I go into real games I can't at all" can't you guys understand?!
There, I've said it THREE times. Please, don't make yourself look stupid any longer, it's saddening.

Last edited by Eliirae; 04-08-2009 at 12:15 PM.

04-08-2009   #39 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Just keep trying, there's really no more advice we can give you >.>
Try putting your opponent in practice mode, to appear over the gorge in gorge of oath, and practice air grabs.
If you can do air grab easily, thne you should be able to grab in a real fight?

04-08-2009   #40 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda
Try putting your opponent in practice mode, to appear over the gorge in gorge of oath, and practice air grabs.
If you can do air grab easily, thne you should be able to grab in a real fight?
I actually find that harder to do than actual air grabs