Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-05-2014   #1 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future
Default Service Transfer

In case some GC players are still lurking this graveyard and haven't gotten the memo, SGI gave up the game's publishing rights to Kill3rCombo. Log onto GC and assign an email registered with KC's site so your account is ready to transfer before the 27th.

Quote:
Attention Chasers,

To start, our entire team would like to thank every single one of our players for being an awesome community. We have really enjoyed our time with you all and couldn’t have asked for a better community.

Once in a while, great games such as Grand Chase, face some new changes. Today we are announcing that Grand Chase's service will be transferred to a new publisher, Kill3rCombo.

The closing agenda at Gamerage will be March 27th.

[Update]
It has taken some time, but we can finally detail what will be transferred over on your account.

The following items WILL be transferred come March 31st:

- All Equipment/Consumables on your account
- Your name

- Characters and levels

- GP

The following items WILL NOT be transferred come March 31st:

- RP

Since RP will not be making the transfer over to Kill3rCombo we have re-opened the shop for those that do not wish for their investments to go to waste.

Finally, It was truly a pleasure being on this adventure with you all and we hope you continue to enjoy this adventure through the new publishers of Grand Chase, Kill3rCombo.

Thank you all for this wonderful experience,

-Grand Chase Team
see ya ntreev it's been a pleasure

kinda

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-15-2014   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Shame I can't transfer my account because I've been 7767'd.

Last edited by james; 03-15-2014 at 05:06 PM.

03-16-2014   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgnigemCenia
Hopefully it helps the game, but as it stands GC was a more cash-reliant, less fluid and laggier ElSword, so both of them being under the same umbrella seems pointless (a la Windows Live Messenger and Skype belonging to the same company).

Anyone notice that this is like the third game FailRage has lost in one year? What do they have left that's actually theirs? (the Z8Games ones like CrossFire and Arcane Hearts or whatever don't count because FailRage is merely serving to advertise those, they don't own anything about them)
It isn't GameRage's fault that they lost TO and GC (I don't know about the 3rd game you're talking about so I won't mention it).

TO was dying due to the developers shitty excuses for updates, hence why it's dying in every other region too.

and GameRage lost GC simply because KoG want to take it directly under their wing.

03-18-2014   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
It isn't GameRage's fault that they lost TO and GC (I don't know about the 3rd game you're talking about so I won't mention it).

TO was dying due to the developers shitty excuses for updates, hence why it's dying in every other region too.

and GameRage lost GC simply because KoG want to take it directly under their wing.
lol .

03-18-2014   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor

Or perhaps it's because the main audience was an aging one, and it was progressively difficult to obtain a newer wave of players.

A majority of games that I see die out, are mostly held up by those who played when it was new, and don't wish to move on. Some people who start later on, don't feel like they'll reach the veteran players and may lose motivation to keep going. There are many other reasons, but they're less likely to keep playing than the founders.

However it's the constant flood of new games that splits audiences too.
When comparing these games to the newer ones of their genre, it's obvious that younger audiences will be captivated by the later release in more instances. (Example: GC looks like shit compared to Elsword, but there's also a nearly 5 year gap.)

The rare exceptions are games that have reached such a massive audience that it can manage to live additional years. As even gaming giant WoW is going to be phased out over time, it's just going to take longer.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

03-19-2014   #6 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

I don't doubt SGI would've kept hosting TO if it wasn't shutting down in Korea. Even though the population was small compared to what it was 5-6 years ago there were still enough drones buying lolboxes to keep it going

SGI probably could've kept GC too but compare the treatment it got to what Elsword gets from KC. Elsword has advertisements on anime and gaming sites and panels at anime cons, not to mention it's also on Steam. GC's advertisements stopped years ago and almost every sociable GM actively involved in it left. And since a couple other servers shut down, obviously KOG would want it to go to a company that can do something for it.